****2009 Tmdsas***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
it makes me worried too that people are gettin rejections even having been interviewed. I interviewed on oct 20th (my second interview at UTDB), i interviewed last cycle in november.

to give everyone a timetable as far as alternate list is concerned, i was waitlisted on march 25th last yr. with the schedule being pushed back due to hurricane ike, im guessing the alternates will be notified in early april. i really really hope not to be waitlisted again but i am at the adcoms mercy just like everyone else who's been checkin this page recently

sorry to danny and to all those who received the dreaded rejection email. one of these days, we'll get our good news.

Members don't see this ad.

I received my rejection today from UTDB at 8:34 am. I interviewed on Jan 26th FYI. I think if you did not receive a rejection today that you are either in or on the alternate list. Good luck for those still waiting. I don't know if I can do this again as this is my second attempt. I have been putting off my life which has not been fair to my wife...freakin' sucks...but I guess that is life...you have to take the ups with the downs...again good luck to those waiting...

I received my rejection today from UTDB at 8:34 am. I interviewed on Jan 26th FYI. I think if you did not receive a rejection today that you are either in or on the alternate list. Good luck for those still waiting. I don't know if I can do this again as this is my second attempt. I have been putting off my life which has not been fair to my wife...freakin' sucks...but I guess that is life...you have to take the ups with the downs...again good luck to those waiting...

I know two dentists that just graduated from Texas dental schools last May. One applied 3 times and one applied 7. They are two of the best dentists I have ever seen.

Take from that what you will.

Members don't see this ad :)
sorry to danny and to all those who received the dreaded rejection email. one of these days, we'll get our good news.
thanks for your kind words my friend. wish the best :thumbup:

sorry to hear that. :(

I know two dentists that just graduated from Texas dental schools last May. One applied 3 times and one applied 7. They are two of the best dentists I have ever seen.

Take from that what you will.

I love your positive view of life. Hopefully you will hear good news soon. :xf:

Last edited:
Rejection letter from Houston (no interview) and alternate pool list from SA today.

Hope some of you guys have received better news than I did today =\

Rejection letter from Houston (no interview) and alternate pool list from SA today.

Hope some of you guys have received better news than I did today =\

what is alternate pool list? it is same as waitlist?

Well friends, considering I was an August interview, after these super long and stressful months I'm happy to say I was admitted to SA today.

Well friends, considering I was an August interview, after these super long and stressful months I'm happy to say I was admitted to SA today.

Nice work, congratulations

wow, congratulations!! :D

are you waiting to hear from UTDB, too?

Congratulatioooooooooooooooooons! you deserve it. best of luck in Dental school. :thumbup:

Clubby!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)
man, what a long wait, but i'm happy for you!
see you next year! :D

WOW, what a great news!! Congrats to you and good luck to everyone else who is still waiting to hear from schools!!

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats Clubby!

I guess the emails will slow down this week, and start up again next week. as always, post if you hear anything!!!

Congrats Clubby! you deserved it and Im glad at least some of SDNers were part of the last batch of acceptance!

what is alternate pool list? it is same as waitlist?

Yea, i think it's the same thing as waitlist. im guessing they send it out to all the people who interviewed there and you have to return the letter saying that you wish to be put on alternate list (i guess so they will eliminate some of those who were already accepted to some other schools so they will have less people to choose from)

^ lol, count me in that list. I just called them. "status changed to" offered a position in waitlist" oh, boy, I must buckle up for next cycle! :oops:

^ lol, count me in that list. I just called them. "status changed to" offered a position in waitlist" oh, boy, I must buckle up for next cycle! :oops:

Does this mean that everybody who interviewed and was not offered an acceptance invite received "waitlist/alternate" status??..

no. not everyone who interviewed was offerred a waitlist position. some who interviewed were flat out rejected.

BUT count me in on the waitlist at SA. just got the letter today in the mail. danny has the right idea though. if u got offered a waitlist spot, go ahead and act like u got rejected b/c there are no guarantees of getting off the list. last yr i was waitlisted at houston, and never heard from them at all so go ahead and make your plan of attack for next cycle such as submitting tmdsas app right on may 1st to ensure an august interview.

o, utdb, where art thou status email???

San Antonio rejection today. That completes the Texas Trifecta for me!

Congrats clubby, and all of you who made it in this year :thumbup:. Hey Presj don't lose hope, I remember you from last year however you never know what's gonna happen, I know you were waitlisted last year at UTDB and you didn't make it in but hopefully this should be your year.....
Here comes my question, so if you didn't receive the rejection email from UTDB, does that mean that you're in or on the waitlist or what????? This's is like my third time applying so I guess you all understand my frustration, I really hope that I shouldn't I don't have to send in the fourth application:scared:

shans, we are in the same boat.

i think that not hearing from UTDB yet is a good thing for us right now, b/c it probably means that we are a.) waitlisted but not yet officially waitlisted or b.) we still have a shot at a seat or least likely c.) we are rejected

i say we are not likely to be flat out rejected yet b/c we would have gotten a rejection email already like a lot of others have earlier this week

the bad thing for us now is the waiting b/c UTDB moves very very slowly and like i said for me last yr, i wasnt officially waitlisted til march 25th and with hurricane ike, i think they will send waitlist emails in early april

as someone pointed out already, utdb said that their alternate list is still being identified so we wont know for a month, but it also means that as seats become available we are still in the "running"

as long as u dont get that rejection email, u are in ok shape

shans, we are in the same boat.

i think that not hearing from UTDB yet is a good thing for us right now, b/c it probably means that we are a.) waitlisted but not yet officially waitlisted or b.) we still have a shot at a seat or least likely c.) we are rejected

i say we are not likely to be flat out rejected yet b/c we would have gotten a rejection email already like a lot of others have earlier this week

the bad thing for us now is the waiting b/c UTDB moves very very slowly and like i said for me last yr, i wasnt officially waitlisted til march 25th and with hurricane ike, i think they will send waitlist emails in early april

as someone pointed out already, utdb said that their alternate list is still being identified so we wont know for a month, but it also means that as seats become available we are still in the "running"

as long as u dont get that rejection email, u are in ok shape

^ hopefully you both will hear good news. :thumbup:

Thank you somuch both presj and Danny and Best Best Best of LUCK to you too. I really hope 20099 should be our year, I'm begging God for that good news:scared:

meth- yeah i accepted san antonio right away.

i probably won't be checking this much anymore, but i have to say thanks to everyone on here. sdn has a great bunch of ppl and of course a valuable tool. good luck to everyone whose still in the running and who will apply for next cycle. anyone going to san antonio - see ya next fall. =]

I actually got into SA the same day Clubby did, thank God! I was wondering, we can accept this offer and then still wait for Houston right? Or will Houston know I've accepted me and automatically take me off their list?

Houston is my number one choice to be near family...

I actually got into SA the same day Clubby did, thank God! I was wondering, we can accept this offer and then still wait for Houston right? Or will Houston know I've accepted me and automatically take me off their list?

Congratz!!!!!:)

yea you can accept the offer and still wait for houston...
houston will know that you've accepted sa offer, but that shouldn't make any difference on your admission.
congratz again and good luck with utdb!!!!!

Congrats! I saw that you did a retake of the DAT? did you apply and state on your app that you were doing a retake? when did you retake and how long did it take to update on TMDSAS? lastly, did you significantly improve your DAT on your retake?

guys I want to share my opinion about waitlist and I want to know your opinion about that too. I think waitlist for state schools means much less than privet schools. in other hand probability for addmitting to d schools from waitlist is not very much. What do you think?

I got my rejection letter form San Antonio today! Kind of bittersweet since it was the closest school to home (4hrs) compared to Baylor and Houston which are 9.5 and 7.5 hrs away respectively. I'm glad it came since I'd never heard anything from them not even a thank you for your application letter so I thought they lost or never received my app so now I have closure. :)

On that note hopefully no one else gets news like this and y'all get in this cycle :luck:

So I email UTDB back after getting my rejection so I reply asking what aspects of my app could use some improving and this is what I get in a response today:

Your application is still under consideration. We ask your patience as we move through this consideration process. We will inform individual applicants as definitive information is available regarding the application status.

What do you think?

So I email UTDB back after getting my rejection so I reply asking what aspects of my app could use some improving and this is what I get in a response today:

Your application is still under consideration. We ask your patience as we move through this consideration process. We will inform individual applicants as definitive information is available regarding the application status.

What do you think?

Man Houston is all over the place. This is a little weird since you already got a rejection letter. But I guess since they said that you are still in consideration, you still have a shot.

Congrats to Clubby and tawaqul on getting into SA. Just found out I was waitlisted. I guess I should consider this as a rejection because so many of us have been placed on the waitlist. Hopefully Houston has some good news for some of us in the following weeks.

Man Houston is all over the place. This is a little weird since you already got a rejection letter. But I guess since they said that you are still in consideration, you still have a shot.

Congrats to Clubby and tawaqul on getting into SA. Just found out I was waitlisted. I guess I should consider this as a rejection because so many of us have been placed on the waitlist. Hopefully Houston has some good news for some of us in the following weeks.

I actually think they assumed I was another random applicant asking about my status without actually following up on my name. I replied again for a clarification...I am pretty sure that I am out.

I actually think they assumed I was another random applicant asking about my status without actually following up on my name. I replied again for a clarification...I am pretty sure that I am out.

unfortuantely. you are right. :(

hey pt, unfortunately, they just sent you a form email, they sent me the same exact message last yr when I was getting impatient and was demanding a status check. they probably assumed u to be just another impatient applicant and didnt bother to check that they sent u a rejection already

keep your head up though, and give a strong go for next cycle

danny, i think u are right about the waitlist. i think state schools end up putting a lot more people on the list than necessary just to give us hope and to come off as being "nice". true, people do get off the list but it is usually only a handful like 3 or 5 at most

what do yall think

danny, i think u are right about the waitlist. i think state schools end up putting a lot more people on the list than necessary just to give us hope and to come off as being "nice". true, people do get off the list but it is usually only a handful like 3 or 5 at most

what do yall think

Think of the folks waiting for Houston that are holding spots at Baylor or SA. Gotta be about 4-5. Assuming 1-2 drop for personal reasons or go out of state, thats 6-7 spots opening at SA. Surely one of you will get it.

Think of the folks waiting for Houston that are holding spots at Baylor or SA. Gotta be about 4-5. Assuming 1-2 drop for personal reasons or go out of state, thats 6-7 spots opening at SA. Surely one of you will get it.

I love your positive attitude buddy :thumbup:
the million dollars question is how many seats are available in Houston? I assume not many based on almost very early rejections that people are getting from UTDB. even people who had interview over there. :rolleyes:

what do yall think

I say 0-2 max! sorry about that, I prefer to be realastic! and The reason for that is not because they put lots of people in waitlist but IMO by now almost everybody has chosen which school wants to attend and there is not going to be lots of move in that pool.

Hey Presj.. Do you remember when they sent out the rejection letters last year, I was never waitlisted but I got my rejection at the end of march. I wonder if they send out any rejection letters from UTDB last year around this time/??????

i dont remember utdb sending out rejection emails at this time last yr. so im really confused as to when we'll be expecting to hear a response

Is this the longest thread in SDN by now? Good grief, it has to be close....

Is this the longest thread in SDN by now? Good grief, it has to be close....

No! my friend, check it out the MD threads. you can find many, over couple thousands . ( one, if I remeber it is after midnight or AM, something like that really long one). :D
still there is action in Texas schools and we have few months for end of that. for example I and few are in waitlist lol and there are people that wating to hear from Houston I think one week after last call from houston will be the begining of *TMDSAS 2010* . :laugh:
good luck in your dental school. :thumbup:

has anyone that has interviewed at Baylor heard back for the 2nd round?

has anyone that has interviewed at Baylor heard back for the 2nd round?

there is not really 2th round for Baylor.they fill up their class very early comparing to other TX schools.

After this week UTDB is going to have their Spring Break, I really hope they send out some acceptance letters this week:rolleyes:

After this week UTDB is going to have their Spring Break, I really hope they send out some acceptance letters this week:rolleyes:

Seems like tomorrow would be a great day for some letters...

no emails yet. maybe they need to set their clocks forward an hr? ;)