2009 Non-Trad Applicants' Progress Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ok i need massive advice.. i am a senior in hs. i grad thir yr and have applied to a bunch of colleges.. i a\want to become a doctor. but have learned the debt is massssive. so i found another route to becoming one. going to community college for 3 yrs and becoming a nurse.. rn.. then working at a hospital that will pay for my 4 yr whilke i am still making good money about 5ok a yr. then beocme a np and so forth to an md... what to do cause i dont want to stay home.. but it is like 3 yrs.. but i dont know if its worth it.. plus like eeryone i know is going to a 4 yr its embarassing to go to community... im an AP honors student.. WHAAAT TOOO DOOOO... if u have any advice u can reply to this or im me at jessgor610 or email me [email protected] cause i dont know how this thing works.. please some advice i am soo confused....

I'm guessing there are other threads that are more tailored to this. But I would just say that if you can get accepted to a 4 year undergrad and then go to med school, you should do it. If you start down a more complicated, longer path, chances are you won't make it to your end goal. Also, I don't think I know a single person that doesn't have student loans. Student loans are "good debt" if you stay up to date with the payments--the interest rate isn't too high and it helps you build a credit history. You should talk to a counselor at your high school.

Coffeebeanjenn is right on target in both her points. First of all, there is a special forum here just for high school students, called SDN Aspire, and I think it would be a better place for your post. There are adult moderators over there as well as other HS students who can advise you better than we can.

Second, I wouldn't put yourself through hell during your college years just to avoid borrowing. The whole idea behind it is that by borrowing now, you can afford a better education that will increase your future income, which will make it possible for you to pay back the loans. Also, don't forget that you might be eligible for grant-based financial aid, rather than just loans. At some colleges this is based entirely on need (which you may well qualify for), but at others there is some merit aid available also, which you might be able to get if you're a good student.

Members don't see this ad.

I agree with Jenn/Student, and I would add:

There are programs, depending on what type of doctor you want to be, to forgive some of your medical school debt in return for service. (Typically either an underserved specialty like family practice, and/or practicing in an underserved area).

You are going to have to pay for med school eventually. By delaying your start in the profession in order to reduce your debt up-front, you are actually losing money in the long run (since you will be trading years at a six-figure income for years at a 50k income).

Debt is scary, and I think it's great that you are thinking about these issues up front; that kind of fiscal responsibility will serve you well, but educational debt is very different from credit cards etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi folks.

Been lurking a bit :) Glad to see all the success stories in this thread.

I am starting my process now, for I assume, Aug 2010 matriculation? I have been out of undergrad for some time now, as well as post Chiropractic for just over 2 years :) Time flies!

I wanted to ask about a timeline for this whole application process.

I will be taking a Princeton Prep course, hyperlearning, which will have me sit for the MCAT in May. Pending good results, I start the application process that June/July?

I have requested a transcript from my undergrad as I cannot recall what my grades were. I do believe I had a 3.4 or 3.5 :scared: so hopefully I can either do really well on the MCAT or have my Chiropractic degree count for something :thumbup:

I'm 28 currently, working full time at a busy clinic, so I wanted to give myself more time than needed to get the ball rolling. Please advise if you are able on my timeline. Would be appreciated!

Take care folks.

You've got a good grip on the timeline. Are you appying MD, DO, or both? With the DC, some of the OMM will be overlap, but you'd probably fit in really well and could get into many of the DO schools. I think the clinical experience will help in MD programs as well.

Good luck!

I'm having a really tough morning. All in the space of an hour, I learned that I'd be getting a decision soon on my first interview, then got the decision--and it wasn't good.

I interviewed at SUNY Upstate on 1/5, and they said it would take about 3 weeks for a decision, but I never took that seriously. But today, I happened to see the Upstate thread over at pre-allo and an applicant mentioned that their status had disappeared from the status page, which means a decision is imminent. I checked mine and found it had disappeared too, and someone who'd interviewed on the 21st said there was an adcom meeting that day. But right when I went to email my husband and tell him this, I saw the decision email. I've been waitlisted, but Upstate has two waitlists (High Priority Alternate and Hold by Committee Alternate), and I got the "bad" one. Apparently they never touch this waitlist; as the email says, "... it is uncommon that we reach names on that list in filling our first year class."

So much for having good interviews. I'm suddenly worried that this is going to happen to me everywhere I've managed to get an interview.

So much for having good interviews. I'm suddenly worried that this is going to happen to me everywhere I've managed to get an interview.

Normal response. I got that too since my first interview resulted in a WL. Chin up good chap!

Interview invite to Rosalind Franklin today. :)

And chin up student. Try not to psych yourself out. It's so hard to tell what adcoms are looking for and what exactly goes into how they decide on applicants. You honestly just never know. Don't lose hope!

Hey, congratulations! We're "interview twins." :D

When's yours? (Mine is this Tuesday.)

I had to schedule mine for pretty late - March 2nd. The February dates they offered all conflicted with my schedule since I'm still in school. Hopefully that won't screw me too badly. Good luck this Tuesday. Kick butt! Let us know how it goes.

Miami interview (both campuses...) Out of the Blue!!!

Interview invite to Rosalind Franklin today. :)

Cool! Congrats guys! :thumbup:

I'm having a really tough morning. All in the space of an hour, I learned that I'd be getting a decision soon on my first interview, then got the decision--and it wasn't good..

Ugh! *hugs!* Sorry to learn of your rough news. :( How can they possibly tell you which waitlist you're on until they've interviewed everyone? That seems awfully unfair/uncool. I'm sorry they aren't privy to what an asset you'd be to their class, like we are. :thumbup:

I know the feeling - I've been thinking that as long as I get myself to the interview stage, I should be able to seriously sell myself and be golden . . . but my dang numbers are still going to weigh my whole app down. Also, from what I've gathered, the interview is worth really different amounts at each place. (I learned that at Louisville, your interview performance is graded on a scale of 1-5, and that just is another piece for your file. Um, UGH!) Anyway, my point is, maybe Upstate doesn't place as much weight on the interview, but maybe some other places where you're interviewing do? I think your odds of getting at least one "in" are still really good, given your total number of interviews thus far. So, good luck!! We're rooting for you, and I hope better news is just around the corner. :D:xf:

Speaking of Louisville, I was there last week. My first interviewer didn't show, so they had to scramble around and get someone to take on an extra interview . . . which also meant that I got a scant 15 mins. for each. Given that I have some serious ground to cover, this was far less than desirable. However, things went VERY well with the first guy. He ended the interview by saying he really hoped I'd come there! (uh, nice false hope!) I responded that I really hoped I'd have the opportunity to do so. :idea: The second interviewer was a lot harder to read, though, and was very skeptical about pretty much everything we discussed (particularly the work I've been involved with). I did my best to give well-thought out responses to his accusatory "I don't buy it" (literally) remarks, but we had so little time that I felt like I hadn't scratched the surface of ME in that one. Ugh. Oh well, I did what I could and then sent what I think was a pretty well-written, case-making thank-you letter. Maybe if he reads that, he'll get a better idea of why I'd make a great med student and doctor! :rolleyes: Oh, and as if my off-kilter interview wasn't enough, they also informed us that they're 90% full right now :eek:. They do over-accept and historically take the first 1/3+ of the their waitlist, but still . . . not ideal news.

In other events, I got the expected "status unchanged" message from Mizzou, which means I'm still in the hunt, but my rank wasn't high enough to admit me this month. Not a shocker, as they admit VERY few people each month. I have a strong feeling that I will eventually be put on the WL and will have to sweat it out from there. We'll see. :xf:

How did others fare? Nanon, how was Wisconsin?? Student, I think you're at RF today, so GOOD LUCK!

Ugh! *hugs!* Sorry to learn of your rough news. :(

Thanks for the hugs, and here's some for you too, on account of the non-idyllic experience you had at Louisville. My fingers are crossed for you anyway! :xf:

I had a bad couple of days over the Upstate thing, but I managed to pick myself up and move on (love it when that fighting spirit kicks in again). Went out to Rosalind Franklin on Tuesday, and was pleasantly surprised for the most part. The students and faculty (including both my interviewers, who were PhDs) seemed really friendly and nice. I definitely got good vibes when I saw my first interviewer: he had gray hair pulled back into a ponytail, a diamond stud in one ear and a loud, colorful tie. Not exactly your standard-issue med school type, even though he teaches microbiology to the first-year students.

The only downside to the school is that it's truly in the Middle of Nowhere: Lake County, IL, a good 45-minute drive from O'Hare (and that's in light traffic). Plus, of course, there's the weather: it frequently gets well below zero in the winter. As I said to some students we met, "You guys do the PROFESSIONAL version of winter up here." Makes Syracuse and Vermont look like they're just practicing.

So, good luck!! We're rooting for you, and I hope better news is just around the corner. :D:xf:
I should be hearing from UVM and EVMS fairly soon. (Oh Vermont, how I love thee!) I am just trying to stay loose and hope for the best.

And good luck to you, especially at Mizzou!!:luck::luck::luck::luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview at GW!! And I was on hold there--thought it was over already.

Wow, this is exciting: a real city with subways and grocery stores and everything ...

Hey everyone,

Congratulations on your interviews. I am looking for some post-interview advice.

I am currently waiting to hear back from one medical school where I interviewed mid-November. This school has a rolling admissions process, and reports that they take up to 8 weeks to release final decisions. It has now been 11 weeks since my interview date. When I contacted the admissions office, I was informed that my application is still under review.

First, I am wondering why it might be taking so long for the committee to release a decision? Second, at what point do you think it would be appropriate to place another follow up call?

Thanks!

Hey everyone,

Congratulations on your interviews. I am looking for some post-interview advice.

I am currently waiting to hear back from one medical school where I interviewed mid-November. This school has a rolling admissions process, and reports that they take up to 8 weeks to release final decisions. It has now been 11 weeks since my interview date. When I contacted the admissions office, I was informed that my application is still under review.

First, I am wondering why it might be taking so long for the committee to release a decision? Second, at what point do you think it would be appropriate to place another follow up call?

Thanks!

What school is it?

AAAAHHHH!!! I'm literally shaking I'm so excited... First interview invite - Creighton! Productivity at work just hit rock bottom for the rest of the day. Now, i've got to focus on closing the deal. I'm reserving the dancing emoticon for when I get the acceptance.

AAAAHHHH!!! I'm literally shaking I'm so excited... First interview invite - Creighton! Productivity at work just hit rock bottom for the rest of the day. Now, i've got to focus on closing the deal. I'm reserving the dancing emoticon for when I get the acceptance.

Congratulations!! :thumbup: :)

Thanks for the hugs, and here's some for you too, on account of the non-idyllic experience you had at Louisville. My fingers are crossed for you anyway! :xf:

Thanks! I'm certainly still optimistic about that one. That 2nd interview was wierd, but I gave what I thought were decent reponses and felt like I probably came off as someone who doesn't back down easily when given additude . . . I'm hoping that's what he was looking for. :cool:

The only downside to the school is that it's truly in the Middle of Nowhere: Lake County, IL, a good 45-minute drive from O'Hare (and that's in light traffic). Plus, of course, there's the weather: it frequently gets well below zero in the winter. As I said to some students we met, "You guys do the PROFESSIONAL version of winter up here." Makes Syracuse and Vermont look like they're just practicing.

:eek: I had no idea anywhere in Illinois could be colder on a regular basis than places like Syracuse and Vermont . . . that just shakes my whole perspective on weather in this country! Must be the lake effect . . . brrrrr!

I should be hearing from UVM and EVMS fairly soon. (Oh Vermont, how I love thee!) I am just trying to stay loose and hope for the best.

:luck::luck:!!

And good luck to you, especially at Mizzou!!:luck::luck::luck::luck:

Thanks! I won't hear from them again until March, so it'll be a while before I have any news on that front.

Interview at GW!! And I was on hold there--thought it was over already.

Wow, this is exciting: a real city with subways and grocery stores and everything ...

Ain't that the truth! I'm still hoping for one of those (a shot at life in a real city, that is!) Congrats!

AWESOME! Congrats! I remember the feeling well ('cuz it was just last month!) Good luck on that interview - hopefully it'll be dancing emoticon time before you know it!

Thanks!

No idea on your first question. It could be that your reviewers were slow in turning things in; or maybe they're really backlogged; or maybe they just aren't quite ready to make a decision on you - it could be a bunch of things. Instead of another call, I'd try e-mailing a letter of interest . Probably couldn't hurt (unless you've been told specifically not to do so) . . . and if they're still reviewing your file, it could tip the scale in your favor (or at least, I like to think that such things can happen!)

Hey everyone! I just realized that I haven't updated here lately!

First of all, U Wisconsin was amazing. I totally want to go there, and they were wonderful to me.

In other news - appealed my UCSF rejection, and got a secondary. Now I'm waiting to hear again if I'll be rejected again or get an interview. Also, still waiting to hear from a bunch of schools. Man, if they want to interview me, they better get on the stick. My pregnancy is advancing, you know! I really don't want to have to be helped out of a chair by an interviewer! Lol!

To everyone who's posting, I am SO PROUD of all of you! You're all amazing, and I wish they could just fill a class with us. How cool would that be? OK, maybe two or three trads for diversity.

OK, off to wake up my almost 3 year old - Feb. 2! OMG, WHA??? I just had him! :laugh:

S.

Last edited:

Congratulations! Getting that first invite is a wonderful feeling, isn't it?

Congratulations!! :thumbup: :)

Thanks!

AWESOME! Congrats! I remember the feeling well ('cuz it was just last month!) Good luck on that interview - hopefully it'll be dancing emoticon time before you know it

Good luck to you too with your forthcoming decision from Mizzou.

Congratulations! Getting that first invite is a wonderful feeling, isn't it?

This ranks up there as being one of the best 'firsts' in my life... WAY better than that first rejection - Boston, you heartless SOB (being facetious). Now, I can't wait to get that first acceptance. I just might fall dead, right then and there due to sensory overload!

I have to say that the non-trad forum is way supportive and very friendly. Thanks all, and good luck fighting the good fight!

Waitlisted at EVMS. (Do I see a trend here?) I actually didn't mind this one too much, because they seem to waitlist a lot of OOS students before admitting them. (Barfalamule must have been pretty hot stuff to be admitted outright. :)) And there was no mention of being on the "bad" waitlist this time, although I do need to call them Monday and find out which third I'm in (upper, middle or bottom).

Besides, I'm hoping that next month I can wave an improved MCAT score in their faces. That might go a long way toward closing the deal.

student1799 (aka the waitlist queen of the Northeast)

Invite for interview at Loma Linda. I'm still waiting to hear back from UCLA and Western U. I too have an MCAT retake scheduled (in April) that I will start prepping for if I end up WLed too.

Invite for interview at Loma Linda. I'm still waiting to hear back from UCLA and Western U. I too have an MCAT retake scheduled (in April) that I will start prepping for if I end up WLed too.

Good luck with all your schools, especially UCLA (your dream school, right?).:luck:

Judging from your MDapps profile, you and I are in pretty much the same boat: BCPM is at least good (and yours is excellent), and so are ECs, etc. but we each did poorly on one lousy section of the MCAT. I can't believe that med schools are so rigid that they can't see past a single bad number. But since nobody cares what we think about it, we just have to roll with the punches.

It's obviously up to you when/if you retake the MCAT, but you might want to think about doing it earlier (i.e. March). Since it takes a full month for the scores to come out, an April retake wouldn't give you a score until May. Since a lot of schools start tapping their waiting lists as early as March, they might already have accepted a lot of students off the WL while you're still waiting to get your MCAT score. Just a thought.

Best of luck to you, no matter what.

I'm so excited about my first acceptance - I've wanted to be a physician since I was a child, but got sidetracked along the way. I'll be one of the oldest students in my class, but I'm finally making my dream come true.

Wooohooo! Congrats!!! :clap::clap::clap:

First of all, U Wisconsin was amazing. I totally want to go there, and they were wonderful to me.

That's great! Glad to hear you had a good experience there, and I really hope it works out for you!

To everyone who's posting, I am SO PROUD of all of you! You're all amazing, and I wish they could just fill a class with us. How cool would that be? OK, maybe two or three trads for diversity.

That would be SUPER cool. We're all going to have to continue to "hang out" on SDN after this whole crazy application year is over. Maybe we can make a 2008-2009 applicants' thread or something . . .

OK, off to wake up my almost 3 year old - Feb. 2! OMG, WHA??? I just had him! :laugh:

Aw, he's a Groundhog Day baby!! I have no idea if the "holiday" even hits your radar in CA (and when you think about it, it's pretty pathetic of us winterites to have a day where we hope a chubby rodent will lull us into thinking we're almost done with winter!), but my b-day is nearby, so Groundhog Day has always been a bit special to me. This is totally random and silly, but my very goofy mother found out that you can have Phil (THE Groundhog) send a birthday card. I know - I'm SUCH a cheeseball, but I had to share. (When you're in Wisconsin or NY, this could all become very relevant!) :D In any case, happy birthday to him!!

Speaking of Louisville, The second interviewer was a lot harder to read, though, and was very skeptical about pretty much everything we discussed (particularly the work I've been involved with). I did my best to give well-thought out responses to his accusatory "I don't buy it" (literally) remarks, but we had so little time that I felt like I hadn't scratched the surface of ME in that one. Ugh. Oh well, I did what I could and then sent what I think was a pretty well-written, case-making thank-you letter. Maybe if he reads that, he'll get a better idea of why I'd make a great med student and doctor! :rolleyes:

It may have just been his personality. There was a surgeon, I believe, interviewing on my day (luckly not me though). I know he gave the MD/PhD candidate a really hard time. She came out feeling like she had failed, but I bet she still got accepted (we were the first round of interviews for the season, which historically get accepted).

Did you/have you spoke to Pam Osborne, director of admissions? She also has a vote in the committee. Give her a call or send her a note re-expressing your interest in UofL. It takes a 2/3 vote to accept or reject in the committee, so if you can get 2 out of the 3 voters that you met to give you the :thumbup:, then I think you may have a good shot.

:luck::luck:hoping for one more nontrad UofL class of 2013:luck::luck:

It may have just been his personality. There was a surgeon, I believe, interviewing on my day (luckly not me though). I know he gave the MD/PhD candidate a really hard time. She came out feeling like she had failed, but I bet she still got accepted (we were the first round of interviews for the season, which historically get accepted).

Did you/have you spoke to Pam Osborne, director of admissions? She also has a vote in the committee. Give her a call or send her a note re-expressing your interest in UofL. It takes a 2/3 vote to accept or reject in the committee, so if you can get 2 out of the 3 voters that you met to give you the :thumbup:, then I think you may have a good shot.

:luck::luck:hoping for one more nontrad UofL class of 2013:luck::luck:

Hey tsbuqh! Thanks for the encouragement and well-wishes (and yeah, I think that was just his personality, and I'm hoping he still gave me a decent score). As for Pam Osborne, D'OH! I had no idea she had a vote! I sent a thank-you note (/update) to the general admissions e-mail, but addressed to Glenda Jackson (because she was very nice and helpful, particularly with the last-minute scramble to find me another interviewer). I had thought about sending one to Pam Osborne, but decided it was overkill . . . particularly as we only saw her for a few minutes. *Sigh* New lesson learned: write to everybody you meet on your interview day! I'll get on that pronto (the good news is I don't think they've discussed my file yet - she said they were backlogged and probably wouldn't get to us until next Tues.) Thanks a million for the tip!! It would certainly be awesome to be in class with another non-trad from these boards! :D :xf:

Aw, he's a Groundhog Day baby!! I have no idea if the "holiday" even hits your radar in CA (and when you think about it, it's pretty pathetic of us winterites to have a day where we hope a chubby rodent will lull us into thinking we're almost done with winter!), but my b-day is nearby, so Groundhog Day has always been a bit special to me. This is totally random and silly, but my very goofy mother found out that you can have Phil (THE Groundhog) send a birthday card. I know - I'm SUCH a cheeseball, but I had to share. (When you're in Wisconsin or NY, this could all become very relevant!) :D In any case, happy birthday to him!!

That is the coolest thing EVAH!!!! I'm totally doing that next year - I've already bookmarked the page. Lol! :love::laugh::love:

BTW, I'm betting you rocked your interview. And student1799, I'm going to predict that you absolutely WILL find yourself flying off of waitlists right and left in a few weeks...

Good LUCK, ladies!!! :xf::xf::luck::luck:

I'm in the upper third of the EVMS waitlist--the GOOD part, for a change. The admissions staffer I spoke to said that most of their class comes from the WL, so I could have a real chance here, especially if that MCAT score comes through for me. (It better be good ...)

And student1799, I'm going to predict that you absolutely WILL find yourself flying off of waitlists right and left in a few weeks...

Thanks for the support, and here's some for you at UW: :luck::luck::luck::luck:

(You too, CultureDoc: :luck::xf::luck::xf::luck::xf:)

Let's show them all how fabulous we are.

My FIRST interview invite arrived today!!!!! Yay, already scheduled and everything. Now all I have to do is get a suit. :) I have superstitiously avoided spending any money on interview invites that might or might not materialize.
:biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove:

My FIRST interview invite arrived today!!!!! Yay, already scheduled and everything. Now all I have to do is get a suit. :) I have superstitiously avoided spending any money on interview invites that might or might not materialize.

Yaaay that's awesome news. Congrats to you! Knock em dead! :luck:

Where, where??? :D Congrats!

That is the coolest thing EVAH!!!! I'm totally doing that next year - I've already bookmarked the page. Lol! :love::laugh::love:

:laugh: You crack me up! I had a feeling that might be up your alley. :p

I'm in the upper third of the EVMS waitlist--the GOOD part, for a change. The admissions staffer I spoke to said that most of their class comes from the WL, so I could have a real chance here

Score! That's great news!! Sounds to me like you've got that one in the bag. :thumbup: (Now time for some NY-area love!)

Let's show them all how fabulous we are.

Totally! Gooooooooo non-trads! :D

YAY! Congrats! Good luck with the interview - you'll do great! And I love the superstitiousness! I tried that last year (didn't work so well for me), so this year I tried positive thinking and bought a suit in October (but I made sure to buy it from somewhere that had a generous return policy, just in case :laugh:).

Since I feel a bit identifiable, I will just say that is one of my in-province schools (I only applied to two of them). :) Thanks for all the love.

Wow . . . all quiet on the progress front!

It's quiet here too, but to be honest I haven't even really thought about this whole process this week because of a more pressing issue on the home front . . . and I'm gonna vent about it a little . . . just cuz I think you guys would understand how much this sucks. :)

So , my hubby and I have lived in a completely fantastic 6-unit apartment building for the past 3 years and - shockingly - no one has lived below us for two of those years (and a couple other units have been vacant for the past few months). Well, it was all too good to be true, as all the units were filled over the weekend and all of a sudden we are the only non-smokers in the building . . . and it's a bad, bad situation (our place reeks, and we can't really deal!) So, despite every bone of loathing in my body for the moving process, we are going to move. Soon. For like 6 months (if I get in to med school). :eek::eek::eek: I have ZERO interest in packing up all of our crap right now, moving it, and then moving again so soon! I was prepared to take some time off of work this summer, go through and whittle down our junk, and happily move on to a new locale, new life. But this? Now? ARRGH! To add insult to injury, my hubby went and saw a GREAT place today . . . a place to potentially get excited about . . . but leaving before a year is up incurs heavy duty penalties, and they're not budging on that. :( So, after three days of lots of after-work appointments to look at apartments, it's back to hitting the pavement (and starting in on packing) this weekend. (woo hoo :rolleyes:).

Anyway, I hope you all are having MUCH better weeks! One slight ray of happiness is that the weather has greatly improved from single digits to the 60s (!), so at least it'll be nice out for our pavement-pounding. :):rolleyes:

Hope everyone has a great weekend! Let's get the good-news-mobile rolling again - I could use some to cheer me up! :luck::luck:

Hey Culture Doc - I got into U Wisconsin... does that put some coal on the fire? ;)

WOOOOHOOOO!!!:soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:

Holy Mary and Joseph!!!!

:lol: Really, that made me laugh out loud!

Thanks everyone! No one, and I mean no one, is more surprised than I am right now. Ever since I got the letter, I've been vacillating between tears, laughter, and insane whoops of joy. I am 19 weeks pregnant, and I managed to jump at least two feet in the air several times today. (Sorry, baby!)

Thanks for your support, everyone!

:lol: Really, that made me laugh out loud!

Thanks everyone! No one, and I mean no one, is more surprised than I am right now. Ever since I got the letter, I've been vacillating between tears, laughter, and insane whoops of joy. I am 19 weeks pregnant, and I managed to jump at least two feet in the air several times today. (Sorry, baby!)

Thanks for your support, everyone!

Glad I made you laugh. I am slightly jealous of you. UW rejected me but I could tell they saw such good fit in you from how you described your interview. I hope you and your family are super-happy in Madison next fall. You have achieved the possimpable!!! (HIMYM)

Maybe the new baby will become a high jumper? I think college scholarships come in that sport :) We'll still be paying for med school when our kids go to college, so I hope they can get scholarships :)!!!!!

(You know, unless they get you a scholarship at UW!!)

Sorry for the long post. Just walked my doggie and had coffee.

Glad I made you laugh. I am slightly jealous of you. UW rejected me but I could tell they saw such good fit in you from how you described your interview. I hope you and your family are super-happy in Madison next fall. You have achieved the possimpable!!! (HIMYM)

Maybe the new baby will become a high jumper? I think college scholarships come in that sport :) We'll still be paying for med school when our kids go to college, so I hope they can get scholarships :)!!!!!

(You know, unless they get you a scholarship at UW!!)

Dude, I'm still waiting for the, "Opps, we made a mistake" email, but thanks. And yes, both of my children will have to get scholarships of some sort, lol!

Hey Culture Doc - I got into U Wisconsin... does that put some coal on the fire? ;)

WOOOOHOOOO!!!:soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:

Holy shizzle, YES, IT DOES! Nanon, you rock, and I am SOOOO excited for you. Congrats! :clap:

(and I'm in a better mood because we ended up getting the great apartment I mentioned :thumbup: . . . they had another unit in the same bldg. that we can break the lease on penalty-free if we give them 60 days notice . . . I'm really hoping I'll have 60 days notice to give them, but that's another matter entirely. :))

Ok, THIS totally cracked me up . . . I think my shortest post is longer than your "long" post, CRF! :laugh: (The funny thing is IRL, I'm much more of a listener than a talker . . . there's something about writing things down that makes me verbose!)

Wow--your dream really came true. I am just speechless, and so happy for you.

This is worthy of the most elaborate smilies SDN has to offer:

:highfive::banana::woot::claps::biglove::bow: