2009-2010 Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just withdrew.. OOS, female, non-traditional. Good luck to everyone on the waitlist!:luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Waitlisted at VCU:

In State (name; interview date; GPA/MCAT; accepted date)
1. arcticsilver; 10/26; 3.5/27
2. lawdoc; Nov; 3.5/31
3. noalias; Late Oct; 3.9/27R
4. lost786; Oct; 3.5/27S (one DO acceptance).... F the MCAT.
5. spoonbig21; Oct; 3.7/29, no other acceptances
6. iramla; Oct; 3.4/28, no other acceptances
7. LeonpHletz; Nov, 3.8/26R, Two DO acceptances - LMU-DCOM, WVCOM
8. Bufi87; January, 3.8/25 No other acceptances
9. STAT EKG; 1/5, 3.0/30, No acceptances (Withdrew DO acceptance)
10. IDoIt4Love; december, 3.7/31, 2 MD acceptances
11. secarst; Dec.; 3.6/29, 1 MD acceptance
12. ziggypop; 12/1; 3.8/34Q; +WL'd @ EVMS; F my 4 y.o. DUI...

Out of State (name; interview date; GPA/MCAT; accepted date)
1. VBaller12; 1/14; 3.8/27
2. DancinSarah; December; <3.5 <35, no other acceptances
3. RevDM; Feb
4. StoneKing, 12/15, 3.7/32, no acceptance.
5. AutumnAmethyst; 3/2; 3.7/30
6. HateTheMCAT, early March, 3.4, 32; no other acceptances
7. niner4life13; Feb
8. nonamesleft; early october; 3.4/32Q;
9. Ilovewater; mid-September; 4.0/30R; 4 acceptances
10. CantWinThemAll; 10/22, 3.6/31R; 1 acceptance
11. dadocca; mid nov; >3.7/<32; 1 other acceptance (I'll be more specific if/when I get accepted here)
12. tmntdonjuan; Feb 1st; 2.84 undergrad(3.815 VCU graduate)/34;no other acceptances; Accepted Apr 27
13. Utah329; Nov?? ; <3.9 GPA, <37; 3 waitlists, 1 acceptance
14. murdoc9; oct.; 3.6/33
15. eeeeek123; ??;??; Accepted Apr 27
16. dude3, Jan, 3.6, 1DO acceptance

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there any historical record of the "mass movement" happening on May 15? I don't want to get my hopes up for that day if it never happens...

From last years forum it seemed that many were offered a few(2-3) days May 15.

From last years forum it seemed that many were offered a few(2-3) days May 15.

well then best of lucks to everyone out there! we woudl proabably expect it at May 17th since it's a monday...unless they work weekends too?

Withdrew today - IS, non-trad, female.
Good luck! :thumbup:

just got pulled off the waitlist. OOS, interviewed in oct.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got an acceptance e-mail today at 6 pm. OOS, 3.5 undergrad, 3.7 grad, 35 MCAT.

I will probably turn down the position in favor of Georgetown, but not without some serious consideration first. I e-mailed the dean weeks ago asking about my position on the wait-list, and got what I believed to be a very canned response, which I took to mean as a bad sign. If you got the same impression from her, don't worry about it too much.

Got an acceptance e-mail today at 6 pm. OOS, 3.5 undergrad, 3.7 grad, 35 MCAT.

I will probably turn down the position in favor of Georgetown, but not without some serious consideration first. I e-mailed the dean weeks ago asking about my position on the wait-list, and got what I believed to be a very canned response, which I took to mean as a bad sign. If you got the same impression from her, don't worry about it too much.

What was the "canned" response you got?

..the IS not moving?...hmm..Congrats to all the OOS movement anyhow!..wonder when will it be my turn?:rolleyes:

In State (name; interview date; GPA/MCAT; accepted date)
1. arcticsilver; 10/26; 3.5/27
2. lawdoc; Nov; 3.5/31
3. noalias; Late Oct; 3.9/27R
4. lost786; Oct; 3.5/27S (one DO acceptance).... F the MCAT.
5. spoonbig21; Oct; 3.7/29, no other acceptances
6. iramla; Oct; 3.4/28, no other acceptances
7. LeonpHletz; Nov, 3.8/26R, Two DO acceptances - LMU-DCOM, WVCOM
8. Bufi87; January, 3.8/25 No other acceptances
9. STAT EKG; 1/5, 3.0/30, No acceptances (Withdrew DO acceptance)
10. IDoIt4Love; december, 3.7/31, 2 MD acceptance
11. secarst; Dec.; 3.6/29, 1 MD acceptance
12. ziggypop; 12/1; 3.8/34Q; +WL'd @ EVMS; F my 4 y.o. DUI...

Out of State (name; interview date; GPA/MCAT; accepted date)
1. VBaller12; 1/14; 3.8/27
2. DancinSarah; December; <3.5 <35, no other acceptances
3. RevDM; Feb
4. StoneKing, 12/15, 3.7/32, no acceptance.
5. AutumnAmethyst; 3/2; 3.7/30
6. HateTheMCAT, early March, 3.4, 32; no other acceptances
7. niner4life13; Feb
8. nonamesleft; early october; 3.4/32Q;
9. Ilovewater; mid-September; 4.0/30R; 4 acceptances
10. CantWinThemAll; 10/22, 3.6/31R; 1 acceptance
11. dadocca; mid nov; >3.7/<32; 1 other acceptance (I'll be more specific if/when I get accepted here)
12. tmntdonjuan; Feb 1st; 2.84 undergrad(3.815 VCU graduate)/34;no other acceptances; Accepted Apr 27
13. Utah329; Nov?? ; <3.9 GPA, <37; 3 waitlists, 1 acceptance
14. murdoc9; oct.; 3.6/33
15. eeeeek123; ??;??; Accepted Apr 27
16. dude3, Jan, 3.6, 1DO acceptance
17. pedroms, 3.5uGPA, 3.7gGpa, 35; Accepted May 13
18. jonnylaw, oct, ??;??; Accepted May 13

Just got accepted off of OS waitlist. MCAT 32, interview in October. Very happy...now have some decisions to make.

I just let go of my spot. I hope it goes to someone who really needs it. Hang in there and good luck to everyone!
OOS btw.

To withdraw, do I just click on the withdraw application button on the vcu login site or do I also have to send someone an email?

I really wish I had received a financial aid package from them before this deadline. I turned in that stuff back in Feb.

To withdraw, do I just click on the withdraw application button on the vcu login site or do I also have to send someone an email?

I really wish I had received a financial aid package from them before this deadline. I turned in that stuff back in Feb.

I believe you just click on the withdraw application button on the website.

They're probably trying to streamline the process of people withdrawing/accepting, so that there's a faster turnover i.e. they can more quickly react to spot openings and send out new invites ...

congrats to all who were accepted yesterday! but guess that means there probably won't be any movement today then?

does it usually take a long while for her to respond about to your e-mail about your position on the waitlist?

does it usually take a long while for her to respond about to your e-mail about your position on the waitlist?

I asked this via email several days ago, and I'm still waiting for a response.

Just withdrew - OOS. :(

The money stuff just didn't work out. This is a great school, and I'm very happy that someone will definitely get the spot that I just gave up. Good luck to everyone else!

just got off the waitlist yesterday! Paid my deposit, and will be attending this fall.

gl to everyone on the waitlist.

there is no facebook group for admitted students of Class of 2014 and the matriculants forum on the VCU web page is not working.

was wondering if anyone who will be attending VCU SOM is looking for a male roommate.

just got off the waitlist yesterday! Paid my deposit, and will be attending this fall.

gl to everyone on the waitlist.

there is no facebook group for admitted students of Class of 2014 and the matriculants forum on the VCU web page is not working.

was wondering if anyone who will be attending VCU SOM is looking for a male roommate.

There's a facebook group - search MCV Class of 2014

What was the "canned" response you got?

This is the response she sent me:

"The wait list has not begun to move substantially at this time. We will see most of the movement around the May 15th deadline. mwc "

It took her a day to respond to me.

I just submitted my withdrawal (IS)- 40 minutes before the the clock strikes midnight, lol.

Letting go of a school is so damn hard. VCU/MCV and Richmond are great and I wish you waitlisters the best of luck.

Last edited:

The money stuff just didn't work out. This is a great school, and I'm very happy that someone will definitely get the spot that I just gave up. Good luck to everyone else!

Metallica - I'm sorry to see you go. I wish you all the best in Louisiana, and in your future endeavors.

the sdn school-specific discussion board has been eerily quiet today. any in-staters withdraw?

Awww metallica bitter sweet (sweet because i really want that spot) to see you go. you were one of the vcu thread leaders in the past few months. Congrats on having the choice tho and good luck!

seems like admissions is away on an "annual admissions committee retreat" according to their voice mail... i hope this retreat doesn't delay post 5/15 acceptances :xf:

seems like admissions is away on an "annual admissions committee retreat" according to their voice mail... i hope this retreat doesn't delay post 5/15 acceptances :xf:

Whaaaaaaaaaa?!?!

Would the retreat delay acceptances? Has there been any movement on the instate list?

the voicemail said they will be back tomorrow. I doubt this will delay anything much.

I feel as though VCU makes status updates on 6:00 pm EST on Thursdays for some reason. Has anyone else noticed this trend throughout the app process?

I feel as though VCU makes status updates on 6:00 pm EST on Thursdays for some reason. Has anyone else noticed this trend throughout the app process?

After reading this, I went straight to my e-mail to see if I can observe some kind of trend...too bad I had status-update emails sent on every single day of the week...haha

Does anyone know how many people get pulled off the waitlist each year at VCU? Good luck to everyone still waiting!

I went to the admission office today and they told me that they will be making offers today (6pm est). so good luck everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.