2008 August PCAT Countdown & Results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Transformer

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Scores should be coming in the next 7 to 14 days.

I'm feeling super duper nervous about my August PCAT results. :(

If you took the 2008 August PCAT, please feel free to share your thoughts.

Also, If you just received your score, please post your results here.:)

Members don't see this ad.

First of all, congrats to EVERYONE for just SURVIVING the PCAT - that in and of itself is a hard enough thing to do! Well, I'm from the Houston area and I just got my scores -

Verbal 431/89
Biology 426/85
Reading Comp 415/69 (I thought that was my best subject.. guess not lol)
Quant Ability 440/92
Chemistry 437/90
Composite 430/91

Writing
Conventions of Language 3.0
Problem Solving 3.0

This was my first time taking it, and I'm more than happy with my scores (and glad that this waiting game is OVER!!!). Congrats to all of those who did well and good luck to those who are planning to retake it in October. I don't think I've ever loved exclamation points this much, ever!!!... lol

Last edited:
I'm from Austin, TX but my mom received my scores today from our house in Arlington (Near Dallas, TX). This is my first time taking it.

Verbal - 68%
Biology - 66% - ouch
Reading - 97% - yay
Quantitative - 92%
Chemistry - 80%

Composite - 89% - i'll take it, hoping for 90+, but i'll definitely take it.

Hoping for a bit higher in Biology/Chem, but I'm not complaining, definitely not taking it again.

Good luck to those taking it in October :)

Just checked my mailbox. No Scores yet...

It seems almost everyone in Texas got their scores already. This sounds about right since scores are mailed out from San Antonio. It can only mean one thing; our scores are mailed and currently on its way by airplane, or truck.

Maybe the majority of us will get our scores tomorrow Sept 27th (Saturday).

Members don't see this ad :)
Just checked my mailbox. No Scores yet...

It seems almost everyone in Texas got their scores already. This sounds about right since scores are mailed out from San Antonio. It can only mean one thing; our scores are mailed and currently on its way by airplane, or truck.

Maybe the majority of us will get our scores tomorrow Sept 27th (Saturday).

I hope so too. This waiting is killing me! I literally cannot focus on anything other than pondering "what my PCAT scores look like?...", and imagining I would be up to cloud 9 if I get >85 composite. This is my first time taking PCAT. I thought I did OK, but who really knows... Yesterday I couldnt focus and broke a glass in the compounding lab where i worked :laugh: I'll work tomorrow too, so I'll definitely have to have my family check my mailbox for me. Hope i won't break anything else... :p Good luck to everyone!

I signed up for the October test and I really really hope I got a score good enough that I don't have to retake the PCAT. Getting really nervous and anxious that my score is going to be horrid and I haven't really studied enough to feel confident I will do well on the October PCAT. Not to mention I just started school and lots of difficult time consuming classes. I just feel like if I have to retake I probably won't get a better score.

I'm in the same situation that you are! Best of luck to you & hopefully we both don't have to re-take it!

So I haven't gotten my scores yet (I'm in Seattle), but I've read that several of you have seen that PharmCAS already has your scores. I just logged in to PharmCAS today, and they doesn't yet have my August PCAT scores. Is this true for anyone else?

By the way, I know you have to give your SS for the PCAT for PharmCAS to quickly get your scores, which I did.

So I haven't gotten my scores yet (I'm in Seattle), but I've read that several of you have seen that PharmCAS already has your scores. I just logged in to PharmCAS today, and they doesn't yet have my August PCAT scores. Is this true for anyone else?

By the way, I know you have to give your SS for the PCAT for PharmCAS to quickly get your scores, which I did.

The same goes for me. There's no notation indicating that pharmcas has received my scores but I'm pretty sure I'll be receiving my scores tomorrow (hopefully). I'm from Los Angeles, CA by the way.

I've heard mix opinions on PharmCAS receiving PCAT scores before we do. As of this moment, PharmCAS haven't received my AUG PCAT scores yet.

Yes, providing your Social Security Number on the PCAT exam helps PharmCAS link your PCAT scores to your PharmCAS application.

Looking through 2008 June PCAT threads, its evident that everyone will receive their scores in 35 days. guess what? Tomorrow is the 35th day since we took our exam on Aug 23rd, 2008.

perhaps, our local post office received our scores this evening and it's just sitting there waiting for the next mailman or woman to deliver it tomorrow....

Not as good as I had hoped for, but hopefully good enough for the schools I am applying...

Verb 415 - 72
Bio 411 - 66
Read 391 - 31
Quant 415 - 67
Chem 398 - 42

Comp 406 - 56

I'm from Central Texas and the scores were in the mailbox today.

I'm from Chicago, Illinois. PharmCas hasn't received my scores and neither have I.

Here's to waiting another day:(

Has anyone checked with their schools to see what the average was for accepted applications? At least give yourself an idea of the ballpark figure to hope for and determine to retake or not. I'm sure you have, but I noticed a lot of unsure comments on scores being good enough.

Verbal 438/93
Biology 419/78
Reading Comp. 417/72
Quant. Ability 426/81
Chemistry 422/77

Composite 424/85

Convent. of Lang.: 3.0
Problem Solving: 3.5

Although I was hoping for a score in the upper 80s or 90s, it's still satisfying to improve on my previous score by 11 points. Taking this to the bank!

BTW, scores were sent to my house in South Florida. Clearly distance has nothing to do with when you receive it, just the quality of your post office.

Verbal 438/93
Biology 419/78
Reading Comp. 417/72
Quant. Ability 426/81
Chemistry 422/77

Composite 424/85

Problem Solving: 3.5

Although I was hoping for a score in the upper 80s or 90s, it's still satisfying to improve on my previous score by 11 points. Taking this to the bank!

BTW, scores were sent to my house in South Florida. Clearly distance has nothing to do with when you receive it, just the quality of your post office.

clearly oklahoma's post office sucks..lol

congrats on your score. i'll be very happy if my score is in the 80s.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not as good as I had hoped for, but hopefully good enough for the schools I am applying...

Verb 415 - 72
Bio 411 - 66
Read 391 - 31
Quant 415 - 67
Chem 398 - 42

Comp 406 - 56

I'm from Central Texas and the scores were in the mailbox today.

Dude, wat schools are u applying to:

Hi, I think i am going to apply to pharmacy schools that does not require pcat. does anyone knows list of schools that does not require PCAT?

Hi, I think i am going to apply to pharmacy schools that does not require pcat. does anyone knows list of schools that does not require PCAT?

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe all California schools and USN (Southern Nevada). There certainly could be more than this, but this is a start.

I still haven't received my scores and I live in south texas :/

Don't worry they'll come soon. I'm pretty sure the tests were mailed out in batches. Some people in Houston received their scores on the 25th, but I live in San Antonio right by the scoring center and got mine the 26th - mine weren't even mailed out until the 25th. Good luck to those of you still waiting! :luck:

scroll up. It's clearly written underneath cdhoward's last post.

uhm, the reason I asked that was because i have seen posts from cdhoward since last yr and he has had the same signature since then and some of the schools he said he has applied to have not realeased their 09 applications yet. Ewu odeko, du see wat happens when people start answering questions not directed to them?

Now if u dont mind, can u let cdhoward pls tell me the schools he is applying for 09....thanks

uhm, the reason I asked that was because i have seen posts from cdhoward since last yr and he has had the same signature since then and some of the schools he said he has applied to have not realeased their 09 applications yet. Ewu odeko, du see wat happens when people start answering questions not directed to them?

Now if u dont mind, can u let cdhoward pls tell me the schools he is applying for 09....thanks
Hmmm. Unless I'm mistaken, you're a Naija man. Not to worry, I am one also. But Transformer is right. cdhoward's signature contains all the schools he's applying to this cycle, and the thumbup smilie tells you the ones he's sent in applications for.

lol bad guy, how far now? How are the apps going mehn...I just got my score and I didnt do well, mofact, I am almost as bad as cdhoward...which schools u think i shud apply to mehn, I'm loosing my mind, son.

lol bad guy, how far now? How are the apps going mehn...I just got my score and I didnt do well, mofact, I am almost as bad as cdhoward...which schools u think i shud apply to mehn, I'm loosing my mind, son.

erg that was a difficult read.

Last edited:
Finally the wait is over

Verbal 81
Biology 85
Reading 57 (wtf?)
Quant 62 (still sucks, but last time i got a 31 haha!)
Chem 86
Comp 80

Both writing scores 3.0

So considering I got a 71 on the June PCAT I am extremely happy with my score. I know it's nothing in the 90's but it's so much better than what I had.

I'm in Missouri and still no scores. UGH!!!! Now I have to wait until at least Monday. :thumbdown:

Is anybody else looking out the window for the mail truck as we speak? I'm from Minnesota and I'm HOPING I don't have to wait until next week!!

I just got mine today and I was even a victim of the hurricane delay in Gainesville, so I have no idea how they are sent out.

Verbal- 414/71
Biology- 424/83
Reading Comp- 442/94
Quantitative - (THOUGHT I DID HORRIBLE) 430/85
Chemistry- 407/56
Composite-- 423/84

Writing was 3.0 and 3.0. I think the graded my second essay which I thought for sure would be experimental but oh well.

First time taking it, should I keep??
I know for Florida 75+ is competitive and they said last year they accepted 72-99, so I'm kinda right in there.

Good luck guys :)

I just got mine today and I was even a victim of the hurricane delay in Gainesville, so I have no idea how they are sent out.

Verbal- 414/71
Biology- 424/83
Reading Comp- 442/94
Quantitative - (THOUGHT I DID HORRIBLE) 430/85
Chemistry- 407/56
Composite-- 423/84

Writing was 3.0 and 3.0. I think the graded my second essay which I thought for sure would be experimental but oh well.

First time taking it, should I keep??
I know for Florida 75+ is competitive and they said last year they accepted 72-99, so I'm kinda right in there.

Good luck guys :)

Good job. In my opinion, 84 composite is definitely a keeper.

The only minor weakness is your chemistry score. Do check with the schools you plan to apply to and see if they have a minimum PCAT chemistry subsection score. (This might not be a problem since you are applying to Florida schools but it's best to make sure)

congrats on a terrific pcat score :)

Woo! My mom just called with my scores (up by Chicago):

Verbal - 95 (June 07: 78)
Biology - 88 (June 07: 75)
Reading Comp - 75 (92)
Quant Ability - 90 (97)
Chemistry - 86 (89)
Composite - 92 (93)
Conventions of Language - 4.0 (3.0)
Problem Solving - 3.5 (3.5)

All in all, I guess not really worth it for me to retake. At least I'm semi-consistant! Good luck to everyone else!

Woo! My mom just called with my scores (up by Chicago):

Verbal - 95 (June 07: 78)
Biology - 88 (June 07: 75)
Reading Comp - 75 (92)
Quant Ability - 90 (97)
Chemistry - 86 (89)
Composite - 92 (93)
Conventions of Language - 4.0 (3.0)
Problem Solving - 3.5 (3.5)

All in all, I guess not really worth it for me to retake. At least I'm semi-consistant! Good luck to everyone else!

Wow, congratulations. I don't see why you even retook after June anyway!

gatorpharm09, our stats are nearly the same! I assume you are attending UF undergrad too.

UF has an avergae GPA of 3.5 and PCAT of 86 for their entering classes. I'd say your 84 is a keeper unless you think you can do much better in Oct/Jan. I don't see myself doing better in October while having to deal with Fall classes, probably not January either after a long semester.

And I don't believe UF looks at the individual scores of each section (Nova does!), but it may be brought up in an interview...

yep! I'm here in Gainesville doing my undergrad too. I really do not see myself getting any better in October since my fall classes are a little demanding. I did the Kaplan class so this is really as good as I can do for now. And even though my chemistry score is low, I haven't taken orgo yet (KAPLAN SUCKS FOR THIS) and I will try to make up for it with a good orgo and other chem grades :)

UF is really my main choice because I want to go to their extension in Orlando and move back home.

I am from SW Florida and got my scores today! What do you guys think? I have made a HUGE jump!! Previously in January of this year I got t 35 composite! So I am really happy I just don't know if it is good enough to get me into school.

Verbal: 81
Biology: 85
Reading Comprehension: 35 (AHHHHH)
Quantitative Ability: 80
Chemistry: 84

Composite 79

Problem Solving: 3.0

Ok this is my first post on here and I need some advice. I just received my score from the August PCAT, I knew I didn't do as well as I hoped so I signed up to take it again in October but I'm super busy and don't have time to study. As you can see I did well in all the sections except my reading was awful. How much do they look at the individual scores compared to the composite? Do you think I need to retake it just because of my low reading score?

Verbal 85%
Biology 94%
Reading 35%
Quantitative 90%
Chemistry 92%
Composite 88%
Both writing sections were 3

Heres what i got

Verbal 422 82
Biology422 81
Reading 407 57<< thought i did better
Quant 432 86
Chemistry 420 86

Composite 80

Writing
conventions 4
PS 3.5

my cumm gpa is 3.25

Do i have a shot in a school like Midwestern chicago, UIC, or SIUE

I am from SW Florida and got my scores today! What do you guys think? I have made a HUGE jump!! Previously in January of this year I got t 35 composite! So I am really happy I just don't know if it is good enough to get me into school.

Verbal: 81
Biology: 85
Reading Comprehension: 35 (AHHHHH)
Quantitative Ability: 80
Chemistry: 84

Composite 79

Problem Solving: 3.0

Brandie28, going from 35 to 79 is absolutely awesome!! (44 point jump). I'm so happy for you. I know you deserve it. I remember the time when I would finish studying at 4 or 5 AM in the morning and go on SDN and see you on too. So, even though you have a crazy schedule, you still made time to study and your hard work finally paid off on the PCAT. congrats

If you are not picky and just wanna get in somewhere, I recommend applying to all the new schools and couple of the more competitive ones.
Your chem,bio, and math scores are great, and I have a feeling you will get some interviews.

again, congrats! :D

I took the test the first time in June but chose the no score option
These are my scores.

Verbal Ability 415: 72
Biology 440: 94
Reading Comprehennsion 415: 69
Quantitative Ability 449: 96
Chemistry 429: 84
Composite 430: 91!
Writing 3/3

Last edited:
Mail's here and no scores :mad:. Anyone from around the Cincinnati area gotten there's yet.

Brandie! WTG!!!!!! That is an AWESOME jump:thumbup:. I think that improvement will definitely help your apps out a lot. It shows that you can really do it!

Well here's hoping till Monday. This has been a good work for me and my husband, I just hope my scores don't bring me down (Okay, I'm hoping that my good week is a good sign!)

Gaylene

I'm in Cleveland and got my scores:
Verbal 431/89
Biology 447/96
Reading 404/52
Quant 440/92
Chem 465/98
Composite 437/95

Writing: 3.0 for both
Overall I am pretty satisfied as I thought I was going to have a much lower score, especially in Bio because I haven't had A+P until this year. I am disappointed with reading score of course, but oh well. A few questions: I am already signed up for the October PCAT, do you think it will be worth it to take it again? I really do not have much time to study for it. Also, anyone have an idea what my shot at Ohio State University will be? I have about a 3.78 overall GPA, probably about the same for science, however my only experience is that I have been an intern for the QC and microbio dept.'s of a major pharmaceutical company since May. Does that count as experience though? Thanks for the help!

No Scores in Minnesota today :(. Does anyone know if the University of Minnesota or Creighton have section minimums for PCAT scores?