2008-2009 U Penn (University of Pennsylvania) Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really really hope it's not Monday. I don't want to spend another weekend in limbo!

Hoping for Wednesday!

Yeah, it better not be Monday! Monday would really screw with my Wait List strategy schedule. :laugh: Assuming I don't get into UPenn, which I essentially am at this point, this weekend is supposed to be my time to work on letters. Speaking of which, I forgot to talk to my PI again about writing an LOR for me (started working when I started applying so didn't ask for an LOR in the beginning). But maybe I'll wait till I hear back from UPenn so I can tell her for sure where to write it to.

Members don't see this ad.

I called and was told "within the next week and a half."

Members don't see this ad :)
Decisions come out this week ;) At least, according to the emails sent out to us students to recruit us for Penn preview :)

Decisions come out this week ;) At least, according to the emails sent out to us students to recruit us for Penn preview :)

Thanks for letting us know and jfklsajfkldas;jiejlfkdsjfdjfdsijedskl; (that's my anxiety talking).

I am having difficulties concentrating this week. My boss asked me how this research project was going and this was pretty much my face: :confused: + :oops:

Anyone else in the same boat?

Thanks for letting us know and jfklsajfkldas;jiejlfkdsjfdjfdsijedskl; (that's my anxiety talking).

I am having difficulties concentrating this week. My boss asked me how this research project was going and this was pretty much my face: :confused: + :oops:

I'm right there with you. work this week just isn't happening...

Agreed. And my coworkers can't seem to understand why I'm so distracted.

I was actually much worse last week. This week I'm a little better, but I'm still wasting time on SDN right now when I really should go infect those cells if I want to get it done before my lunch break... But I don't wanna. :( Still, my boss is being awesome and giving me extra paid vacation time so I feel obligated to try to work through my nervous jitters.

Wow, I think my anxiety sounds just like yours!

And I haven't really gotten anything done so far this week because I'm just hanging around online waiting for some sort of news.

Looks like we're not hearing today. Maybe tomorrow.

Decisions will be out by Thursday.

So does "by Thursday" mean on Thursday or by the end of Wednesday?

:laugh: (Yes I realize the wait for Penn is making me neurotic!)

And how did you come by this information (phone call?)

Members don't see this ad :)

Looks like he/she is a current student at Penn according to previous posts. Thanks for the info!

By Thursday makes me think that they're pretty sure they can have the decisions out tomorrow, but there's always the chance that something will delay the process, so Thursday's still an option.

On the other hand, it could also mean that they're sure they'll be done Thursday, but there's a chance they'll get ahead of schedule and be done tomorrow.

Either way, it's tomorrow or Thursday! :D I'm counting on you guys to let me know when the decisions are up (instead of refreshing the status page and being taken by surprise, like what happened with my MCAT score).

Thanks for the info Blossom. Definitely extremely nervous right now. Good luck to all!

I woke up with heart palpitations this morning. I see some obsessive checking behavior in my future.

I woke up with heart palpitations this morning. I see some obsessive checking behavior in my future.

I dreamt not only that I didn't get in, but that my status page was all bare and depressing and said Status: DENIED. :eek: Took me forever to fall back asleep then I had dreams of getting in and had to keep waking myself up and telling myself not to get my hopes up.

I need to finish up my (pizza) breakfast and head to work and then try to keep myself occupied till around 10:30.

is that when we are projected to hear? 10:30?

I dreamt not only that I didn't get in, but that my status page was all bare and depressing and said Status: DENIED. :eek: Took me forever to fall back asleep then I had dreams of getting in and had to keep waking myself up and telling myself not to get my hopes up.

I need to finish up my (pizza) breakfast and head to work and then try to keep myself occupied till around 10:30.

Haha, aww that IS a nightmare - good thing it's not real! I, on the other hand, had TWO dreams last night that I was accepted, and I was so darned happy...then I woke up after each. Damn reality, this waiting is driving me crazy!

Good luck to everyone - I hope all of us SDN Penn hopefuls get good news to share at some point today or tomorrow!! :xf:

thanks doctorntrainin! good luck to you and everyone else too!!

I had Penn-related nightmares last night too...I really hope we find out soon, so that we can all finally sleep again!!

Question for those who have scoured last year's thread: Is Penn going to send us an email to notify us that the status page has been updated? Or will it just, like, happen?

I think it will update before we get an email but I think eventually we'll get one

Question for those who have scoured last year's thread: Is Penn going to send us an email to notify us that the status page has been updated? Or will it just, like, happen?

Someone mentioned getting an email

I'm glad I've channeled my neuroticism to better use, and that I have you kids to inform me of any changes ;). Good luck all! :xf:

Yeah, at least we all know that we're in the same boat. Hoping so hard right now. Please. Seriously, please Penn!

Good luck everyone! Today could be the day! :luck:

And regardless of the outcome, at least we'll all get some sort of news. :thumbup:

Haha, aww that IS a nightmare - good thing it's not real! I, on the other hand, had TWO dreams last night that I was accepted, and I was so darned happy...then I woke up after each. Damn reality, this waiting is driving me crazy!

Good luck to everyone - I hope all of us SDN Penn hopefuls get good news to share at some point today or tomorrow!! :xf:

Ah, those acceptance dreams... I've had them before, and then I was rejected by the school. :( I'm not sure I can take another night of not knowing but if I have to, I'll survive.

Good Luck to everyone too! :luck:

is that when we are projected to hear? 10:30?

That's when it happened last year. Dunno about the year before though, so I don't know if it's standard.

Edit: Scanned through the 2012 and 2011 threads. It was around 10:30 for 2012 (3/27), and emails went out around 10:15 for 2010 (3/22), but for 2011 (3/26) they were doing maintenance on the website at the same time so people had trouble checking, so some were able to find out around 11:30 and others had to wait a while to get the site to work.

Last edited:
hyahaha has anyone else noticed that the status page server is already going slower/starting to crash?
This should be very interesting

good luck to everyone

I was also hoping for 10:30 AM. I had a meeting this morning at 10 and was thinking "Well this is good. It'll keep me from refreshing the status page 32837281 times and by the time I get back, I'll get the news, good or bad." Ughhhhhhhhhhh can't wait anymore! PLEASE PENN LET US KNOWWWW

Did I hear that no post-interview applicant gets r-jected, only waitlisted? If so, that would shield my ego some...

Good luck to all!:luck::D

Yeah, I don't think you'll be rejected if you interviewed...although they seem to have different tiers of the waitlist, and depending on the tiers, you may have a decent idea of your fate...

Ahh!!! I have been so stressed out all night thinking about this. I'm seriously scared though. The application status is in such a gigantic font on the screen; I'm going to have a heart attack when see it. :scared:

Also, nobody is rejected post interview, right? So, the worst we will see is "waitlisted - tier 2" or something I think.

I should really stop hitting the refresh button on the Penn status page and SDN every two minutes. I wish I had something to keep me busy today. Instead I just go back and forth between windows waiting for something to change ... :oops:

Does anyone mind giving them a call?

I just called on Monday, so I don't want to call again. This would save us from wasting our day checking our status pages if the decisions are being posted tomorrow instead of today. Their number is: 215-898-8001

Does anyone mind giving them a call?

I just called on Monday, so I don't want to call again. This would save us from wasting our day checking our status pages if the decisions are being posted tomorrow instead of today. Their number is: 215-898-8001

It's not like you have to tell them who you are...they won't know you called Monday...if you want someone to call, no offense, but take it upon yourself!

Anyone else just get a cbc email?

criminal background check
you get them if you are accepted to a school

damnit! i didnt get one

hopefully it's penn!

Last edited:
criminal background check
you get them if you are accepted to a school

damnit! i didnt get one

I haven't gotten any sort of email yet. does that mean I wasn't accepted?

I just called and was told that decisions will not be released today and that they don't have an exact date for it either.

Anyways, no CBC e-mail for me, so I guess I'm out. :(

I don't think we should jump to any conclusions too hastily.

it's gotta be Penn!! Congrats guys...although I'm disappointed they would tell AMCAS before us

Hold your horses, I wouldn't say that yet. It's my first one and I've definitely been accepted to other schools on that list. It could easily be a cruel coincidence. Let's wait and see.

I just called and was told that decisions will not be released today and that they don't have an exact date for it either.

Aww man. Ah well, I guess I can focus now for today and actually get some work done. Thanks for calling!

Hold your horses, I wouldn't say that yet. It's my first one and I've definitely been accepted to other schools on that list. It could easily be a cruel coincidence. Let's wait and see.

Ah, ok. That makes me feel better.

Thanks for calling again!

GRRRRR. I was really counting on being done with this today. They seriously need to update! And I didn't get a CBC email either, so I'll continue to assume I'm waitlisted until proven otherwise.

Yea it seems confusing. I received one a week after being accepted to a school on that list. Did people who got into Northwestern last week get one?

Status
Not open for further replies.