## 2008-2009 Application Season ## Post AACOMAS questions HERE!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are there three green checks? I am pretty sure that if it says processing than it is in verification and your on your way to waiting a couple weeks till they finish

Members don't see this ad.

I would call AACOMAS and ask for a "transcript not required" status...otherwise they will hold your application until your first transcript is available (probably December). I realized after I filed that this would happen to me for a physics class in progress so I called and they changed it. Come to think of it, though, I think that was AMCAS...but I'll bet the process is similar. Would hate to see you stuck in limbo til December....good luck

quick question...i submitted my aacomas application about a week ago and only 3 out of the 4 transcripts were received because one of the schools I have listed is a graduate school which I just started so there is no transcript available...the status of my application says processing...is that going to delay the appliaction process or am I fine?

Good news...I changed all my quarter grades to semester units with a .67 conversion and just resubmitted...did not have to pay again (thank goodness). I got an email reply from a nice AACOMAS rep who said I would be verified "soon". :rolleyes: Wonder how soon is soon...but I'm taking her on faith that it will not be another 6 weeks.

Members don't see this ad :)
yea all three green checks are there...should i call to double check?

yea all three green checks are there...should i call to double check?

I would just email using the support tab, but if all three green checks are there then I would assume that it is in processing. Always help to get some type of definitive answer from the powers that be.

IamAriDO (who also had to change all of his grades using the .67 conversion and hopefully will also be verified within the ambiguous timeframe of "soon")

Not sure what "academic renewal" is, nor do I know exactly how this would be handled. It seems like you would submit a new transcript and they would just change the grade, but perhaps that's just a little too easy for them. :rolleyes:

Good news, I called and they just update the grade :)

As an aside, some colleges have academic renewal policies that eliminate bad grades in the past with improved performance. At one of my JCs (from 10 years ago) I qualified and effectively erased 9 units of 1.33 GPA from my aacomas calculation....it did wonders for my app.

Good news, I called and they just update the grade :)

As an aside, some colleges have academic renewal policies that eliminate bad grades in the past with improved performance. At one of my JCs (from 10 years ago) I qualified and effectively erased 9 units of 1.33 GPA from my aacomas calculation....it did wonders for my app.

Wow that was easy! And nice work on improving the GPA!

My last transcript was sent to AACOMAS last Thursday. The transcript (community college) doesn't have my SSN on it because I didn't register for classes with an SSN, and it doesn't have my current address.

However, when I sent out the request I put down the AACOMAS address + Attn: My AACOMAS ID.

Am I just freaking out from impatience or should I call AACOMAS tommorow and ask what's up?

My last transcript was sent to AACOMAS last Thursday. The transcript (community college) doesn't have my SSN on it because I didn't register for classes with an SSN, and it doesn't have my current address.

However, when I sent out the request I put down the AACOMAS address + Attn: My AACOMAS ID.

Am I just freaking out from impatience or should I call AACOMAS tommorow and ask what's up?

It can take a couple of weeks for them to update. I really wouldn't bother calling at this point, but if you enjoy being on hold, I say go for it! :D

It can take a couple of weeks for them to update. I really wouldn't bother calling at this point, but if you enjoy being on hold, I say go for it! :D
I don't have a green checkmark for that section though? If it said it was processing than that'd be a different story...

I don't have a green checkmark for that section though? If it said it was processing than that'd be a different story...

It won't say processing until they have them all, right? I'm saying that it takes a while for them to realize they have a transcript in hand, which is why your page wouldn't be updated.

Correct me if I'm misunderstanding...

It won't say processing until they have them all, right? I'm saying that it takes a while for them to realize they have a transcript in hand, which is why your page wouldn't be updated.

Correct me if I'm misunderstanding...
No, you're right. I just need to be patient.

No, you're right. I just need to be patient.

On one of my transcripts, I waited a month and finally called. They just forgot to update the system, but did have it logged as received. They had logged it 12 days earlier.....

Their response "the system is now updated" :annoyed:

Members don't see this ad :)
I am just wondering whether I have to wait until my transcripts are received by AACOMAS before I can submit/pay for my application to be sent. OR can I send my application before those transcripts are received? Thanks guys.

I am just wondering whether I have to wait until my transcripts are received by AACOMAS before I can submit/pay for my application to be sent. OR can I send my application before those transcripts are received? Thanks guys.

Submit and pay now. No need to wait for transcripts, though they won't start processing until they get all of them.

So when I entered my personal statement, I included paragraph breaks. But on my application summary page, there are no paragraph breaks. Anybody else have this happen? Is this how schools will see my PS? If so I think they would be pretty annoyed with me. Should I email AACOMAS and ask them to fix this?

Thanks

I have a quick question... I was just verified, but I am not able to find my final GPA's on my application. Can someone let me know where to look. Thanks!!

So when I entered my personal statement, I included paragraph breaks. But on my application summary page, there are no paragraph breaks. Anybody else have this happen? Is this how schools will see my PS? If so I think they would be pretty annoyed with me. Should I email AACOMAS and ask them to fix this?

Thanks

This happened to all of us. Yes, that's how schools will see it too. I wouldn't bother with AACOMAS--we're all in the same one-paragraph-long-essay boat.

This happened to all of us. Yes, that's how schools will see it too. I wouldn't bother with AACOMAS--we're all in the same one-paragraph-long-essay boat.

Thanks CB. That really puts my mind at ease. I got so nervous that I started to hyperventilate. Ok not really, but thanks.

I didn't put three activities on my primary and I was wondering if they're worth sending schools an update letter.

1. DO Shadowing -- I didn't have a DO letter at the time, but now that I do, does it really matter?
2. Ochem Tutoring -- Tutored one girl for one summer.
3. Research -- I actually didn't put this down because I don't think I'd be able to hold my own if one of my interviewers were to grill me on it. It's listed on my transcript but not my extracurriculars.

If I'm done with my primary application, should I send it now? Or should I wait till Monday morning since accomas people wouldn't process it untill Monday. (in case I want to add something else)

If its the case where the earlier the better, even on weekends i would submit it now. Let me know!
Thanks!

I didn't put three activities on my primary and I was wondering if they're worth sending schools an update letter.

1. DO Shadowing -- I didn't have a DO letter at the time, but now that I do, does it really matter?
2. Ochem Tutoring -- Tutored one girl for one summer.
3. Research -- I actually didn't put this down because I don't think I'd be able to hold my own if one of my interviewers were to grill me on it. It's listed on my transcript but not my extracurriculars.

Doesn't seem crucial at this point. Maybe if you haven't heard anything after a while...

If I'm done with my primary application, should I send it now? Or should I wait till Monday morning since accomas people wouldn't process it untill Monday. (in case I want to add something else)

If its the case where the earlier the better, even on weekends i would submit it now. Let me know!
Thanks!

However long you wait to submit is how long you're penalizing yourself. So if they already have all of your transcripts in their office, then YES, you would be costing yourself a couple of days.

However, those two days are not worth submitting a primary application that's not as strong as it could be. Take your time, and submit on Monday. :thumbup:

However long you wait to submit is how long you're penalizing yourself. So if they already have all of your transcripts in their office, then YES, you would be costing yourself a couple of days.

However, those two days are not worth submitting a primary application that's not as strong as it could be. Take your time, and submit on Monday. :thumbup:

Thanks for your input, if they haven't received my transcript yet there is no point sending them?

oh never mind, I just realized from another post that processing wouldn't start until transcript are recieved.

Right. With AACOMAS, it's just best to get everything submitted ASAP, even if you think you're still waiting on something else. They tend not to check their inboxes or update statuses in a timely manner. So, try to move quickly and be vigilant in making sure they have everything they need from you.

Under work experience, it asks to list the name of my employer. Do you guys put the name of your actual employer or the organization?

Thanks

I actually paid and submitted my application to 5 schools last thursday, but the AACOM support is telling me there is a 4-6 week processing time??? i thought i had already waited when i first completed my aacom application, when it underwent the verification process

is there an actual waiting time of 4-6 weeks when you pay and sumbit your app to schools?

Jump in line. The whole process is driving me up the wall!

I actually paid and submitted my application to 5 schools last thursday, but the AACOM support is telling me there is a 4-6 week processing time??? i thought i had already waited when i first completed my aacom application, when it underwent the verification process

is there an actual waiting time of 4-6 weeks when you pay and sumbit your app to schools?

the only way that your AACOMAS app will be processed and verified is if you 1) choose one or more schools to apply 2) pay and 3) submit.

Are you sure that you actually submitted your AACOMAS application 4-6 weeks ago? Just because you filled out the personal statement and other info does not mean that you were submitted for verification. You need to have actually clicked the "submit application" button. If you didn't do that, then you never were in line for verification.

Now, if you did in fact submit it 4-6 weeks ago and you ARE verified, are you just adding more schools to your list? If this is so, there should not be another 4-6 week wait. I added an extra school after I was verified and I received the secondary from that school within a few days.

I hope i understood what you were saying. Let me know if i am confused (likely).

no, your correct..i actually paid and clicked submit for the first time last week..this sucks, my earlies school deadline is jan 1 2009, will this affect my chances??

does it actually take a full 6 weeks or less?

I have to retake Biochemistry. At the university where I orginally took it, the course code was BCH 3023. At a local university the course code is BCH 3033, they are both titled Introductory Biochemistry. When I apply next year will this make a difference? Would they both be considered the same course? I would much rather take the course at the local university so I can stay at home (less expensive).

Thanks

I have to retake Biochemistry. At the university where I orginally took it, the course code was BCH 3023. At a local university the course code is BCH 3033, they are both titled Introductory Biochemistry. When I apply next year will this make a difference? Would they both be considered the same course? I would much rather take the course at the local university so I can stay at home (less expensive).

Thanks

They will be considered the same course.

The 4-6 weeks seems to be the trend. I submitted 8/26 and after some shennanigans was complete 9/10 and im still not verified......

I tanked calc I the first time around (MAT 131) and ended up taking the applied math version the second time (AMS 151). Wasn't a problem.

A few suggestions -- there is a link on the login page to complete instructions -- please read them. Various things delay processing in different ways. Not having your SSN in your app means that we can't match to MCAT scores; not having given your SSN means they probably assigned you the number 999-99-9999 and we can't match on that non-unique identifier.
The instructions are clear that we don't start processing, or counting the time until your app has been paid and all transcripts are received.
The day after your app is verified the colleges can go online and see your verified application -- but most of them don't do that. They wait for a weekly downloadable data file and use that to work from or they wait for the weekly paper copy of your application.
Good luck.

I tanked calc I the first time around (MAT 131) and ended up taking the applied math version the second time (AMS 151). Wasn't a problem.

On the application, how did you explain or enter it in to show the courses were the same? How do show it was a repeat?

On the application, how did you explain or enter it in to show the courses were the same? How do show it was a repeat?

AACOMAS had some good instructions. Have you been able to look at them yet? I don't remember exactly how to do it, but I think you enter the class as a repeat, and then the one you want to replace it with as a second repeat. Anyway, just read to FAQs and I don't think you should have any problems. They counted a math as a repeat for me that had a different title.

The first screwed up class is classified on aacomas as "R01", while the retake is set as "L01".

I hope verifiers can pick up mine I had to retake Organic 2 but not sure if i marked it L01 or R01

I took a class at the school I graduated and it was called english composition, and I am retaking it at another school but it is called Writing 1.

Can I replace writing 1 with english composition even though both classes have two different names??

long story short... yes.

as long as they would transfer as equivalent courses you can mark them as a repeat, I did it with a few classes. Seems that schools like to name things different to make life difficult for us.

Thanks Kateb4! Do i need to send proof to AACOMAS by sending them descriptions of each course OR do they take my word for it?

Does anyone know if it's possible to withdraw applications via AACOMAS or do we need to withdraw individually from each school before/after receiving a secondary?

Thanks!

Does anyone know if it's possible to withdraw applications via AACOMAS or do we need to withdraw individually from each school before/after receiving a secondary?

Thanks!

Contact the individual school. A short email reply to any prior correspondence with them should suffice.

After the primary is verified, when does AACOMAS release applications to schools?

I read it was once a week, but does anybody know which day, MTWThF?