2006 final ROL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CasaElGato

anti- vs. byronic hero
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'll be the first to jump onto the thin ice.
Just realised the deadline's Weds!

top 5:

Northwestern McGaw/RIC-IL cat/advanced (2 IKEAs)
U Washington Affil Hosps cat/advanced (1 IKEA)
Thomas Jefferson Univ-PA adv (2 IKEAs)
U Michigan Hosps-Ann Arbor adv (no IKEA :scared: it's a long drive to Chicagoland, Toronto, or Pittsburgh! though a store is coming to Canton in 2006 summer)
UC Davis Med Ctr-Sac-CA cat/advanced (1 IKEA)

Go Aggies!

Members don't see this ad.

1) UC Davis
2) U of Michigan
3) Ohio State
4) UVA
5) UC irvine

so I have a silly question.... I thought I had this whole ranking thing sorted out the for a second, then I had to question myself. If you are ranking a categorical program down towds the bottom, does the match differentiate between searching for a PGY1 spot first or PGY2 which is ranked higher. It's my understanding it goes by your ranking but I wanted to be sure.

CasaElGato said:

top 5:

Northwestern McGaw/RIC-IL cat/advanced
U Washington Affil Hosps cat/advanced
Thomas Jefferson Univ-PA adv
U Michigan Hosps-Ann Arbor adv
UC Davis Med Ctr-Sac-CA cat/advanced

Go Aggies!

Members don't see this ad :)
joseppi said:
so I have a silly question.... I thought I had this whole ranking thing sorted out the for a second, then I had to question myself. If you are ranking a categorical program down towds the bottom, does the match differentiate between searching for a PGY1 spot first or PGY2 which is ranked higher. It's my understanding it goes by your ranking but I wanted to be sure.

goes by your ranking.

CasaElGato said:

top 5:

Northwestern McGaw/RIC-IL cat/advanced
U Washington Affil Hosps cat/advanced
Thomas Jefferson Univ-PA adv
U Michigan Hosps-Ann Arbor adv
UC Davis Med Ctr-Sac-CA cat/advanced

Go Aggies!

Maybe a little related to the previous question, but since I am not applying to any categorical programs, I was just curious if you are just ranking categorical alongside with advanced. i.e. #1- RIC categorical, #2 RIC advanced, #3 U Wash categorical, #4 U Wash advanced, etc...

melancholy said:
Maybe a little related to the previous question, but since I am not applying to any categorical programs, I was just curious if you are just ranking categorical alongside with advanced. i.e. #1- RIC categorical, #2 RIC advanced, #3 U Wash categorical, #4 U Wash advanced, etc...

Yes, as below, because one or the other might fill up before your number is reached - it increases your chances if you really like that program. They are in effect 2 separate programs with respect to the match.

Putting both is good - especially true for places that are small like UCD & UNC both 2+1 C+A for example. And I think the combined years may be beneficial because you stay within that system, and know the people from other services.

Rank Prog Code Description Status Supp List
1 2155340C0 Phys Medicine & Rehab
Northwestern McGaw/RIC-IL
2 2155340A0 Phys Medicine & Rehab
Northwestern McGaw/RIC-IL A
3 1918340C0 Phys Medicine & Rehab
U Washington Affil Hosps
4 1918340A0 Phys Medicine & Rehab
U Washington Affil Hosps A
5 1630340A0 Phys Medicine & Rehab
Thomas Jefferson Univ-PA A
6 1293340A0 Phys Medicine & Rehab
U Michigan Hosps-Ann Arbor A
7 1046340C0 Phys Medicine & Rehab
UC Davis Med Ctr-Sac-CA
8 1046340A0 Phys Medicine & Rehab
UC Davis Med Ctr-Sac-CA A

What does it mean for a program to be catagorical or advanced?

clarence said:
What does it mean for a program to be catagorical or advanced?

Categorical spots include a linked internship program (PGY-1 year) attached to the residency. Advanced spots begin as PGY-2, so you have to find an internship somewhere else in addition to applying to these advanced spots.

Hello all...

I am a LONG TIME window shopper on SDN and am finally ready for my first submission. I love the community here and know many more posts will follow.

Anyhow, I was wondering if anyone out there is hoping to match into any of the southern California programs ( VAGLA / UCLA , Loma Linda , UC Irvine). I've ranked them in my top 3 and am hoping to meet perspective future co-residents. I know the ROLs have now been submitted, but any thoughts on these three programs?

Hang in there everyone...March 16th is just around the corner. Best of luck to all in the match! :p

Been kinda quiet around here lately...

1. Beaumont Hospital in Detroit
2. UPMC
3. UNC
4. Cincy
5. Case/metro health
6. UK-lex
7. UT-San Antonio

Top 4:

1. MCV/VCU
2. UVA
3. UNC-Chapel Hill