Supervisory role

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Piebaldi

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score
Hey all needing some advice - have the opportunity to do some supervisory type of work, remotely for a midlevel - this would be in a tort reform state (IN) where malpractice issues tend to be very unlikely.

Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

I do supervisory work in Indiana. But no way in hell am I doing it remotely. Bad idea. Hopefully you won't ask why.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would never remotely supervise anyone unless it was someone I had already been supervising in person for years and trusted with my license. Even then it still sounds like a bad idea.

I would never remotely supervise anyone unless it was someone I had already been supervising in person for years and trusted with my license. Even then it still sounds like a bad idea.

You are probably correct.

Reactions: 1 users
I do want to know why. PM me?

That fact that it is not already apparent to you makes me question your judgement. At the same time maybe you are underestimating the risk and exposure to legal issues.

That fact that it is not already apparent to you makes me question your judgement. At the same time maybe you are underestimating the risk and exposure to legal issues.

I'm simply trying to understand what happened to YOU in particular. i am well aware of legal risks.

Nothing in particular to me. But I am well aware of the risks. At least when there is direct supervision I have control over the patients.

Yes I am aware that these cases exist. It is also shocking though that if the NP practices independently or can - even if they don't have admitting priviledges, that the physician wold be sued.