2004 Radiology match stats, and where did you match?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Xavier

I can read your mind
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just an ignorant MS1, wanting to know what kind of step scores it took to match this year, and if you could put class ranking and eventually where you matched that would be great. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Step 1 scores and class rank are only a small part of a residency application. Despite what many people say, these don't correlate well with how well someone matches.

That being said, we won't know where we matched until Thursday.

--doepug (MS IV)

More than one program director stated duirng interviews that your scores, grades, etc get you the interview. Once you're there, the playing field is leveled and it is your interview performance that determines your rank.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just wanted to know what kind of grades and scores got your foot in the door for the interview in the first place to give me a ball park figure of what was needed to match this year. I know you guys got the match email so why don't you guys just share the 411 and maybe tomorrow post where you matched. Thanks again.

Originally posted by rad_one
More than one program director stated duirng interviews that your scores, grades, etc get you the interview. Once you're there, the playing field is leveled and it is your interview performance that determines your rank.

Simply not true at many places. Your interview may be one of many factors involved and in some places just serves to move your rank up and down a preinterview ranking list.