2 year accompanied tour?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bogatyr

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
An opportunity to go OCONUS has arisen. However, my ADSO expires in 2 years. Usually an OCONUS PCS incurs 3 year obligation. Has anyone ever heard of a 2-year accompanied OCONUS PCS? Would HRC sign off on something like that?

Members don't see this ad.

I know certain specialties in the Navy get 2-year accompanied overseas orders, depending on the specialty and location.

I would love to know if you can be forced to take overseas orders for 3 years (accompanied) if you only owe 2 years.

I would love to know if you can be forced to take overseas orders for 3 years (accompanied) if you only owe 2 years.

Depending on how the orders are written you certainly could. There could be verbage along the lines of "xyz must accept an extension of active duty obligation" etc etc.

Personally I would be very cautious about trying to take this. Way too many variables for me.

Members don't see this ad :)
An opportunity to go OCONUS has arisen. However, my ADSO expires in 2 years. Usually an OCONUS PCS incurs 3 year obligation. Has anyone ever heard of a 2-year accompanied OCONUS PCS? Would HRC sign off on something like that?

You should be able to ETS from there (OCONUS) and send your housegoods to home of record. I think if your ADSO is less than 2 years I don't think receiving unit will approve command sponsorship.

Last edited:
You will incur a new 3-year ADSO. This can be served concurrently with your current obligation. It sucks. I was offered the best physician billet in Europe and turned it down because of this. But hey, if they're sending you to a good billet it may be worth the extra year.

Ed

You will incur a new 3-year ADSO. This can be served concurrently with your current obligation. It sucks. I was offered the best physician billet in Europe and turned it down because of this. But hey, if they're sending you to a good billet it may be worth the extra year.

Ed

Consult AR 350-100, para 2-6a: Officers reassigned on a PCS to an overseas location must complete the current prescribed tour for the area of
assignment according to AR 614–30.

Typically accompanied OCONUS tours are for 2 years. Are orders for Europe 3 years?