2 Ws 3Cs sophomore

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jay3567

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am a sophomore in my first semester. My first year was during covid where I withdrew from 2 classes, I got a C in biostat, calculus and basic biology during that time as well. Right now I have 3 As, a B and C this semester. I got the ecology professor from hell this semester and I am considering withdrawing I have a 73 and would need a miracle for a b. She said she doesn’t believe in extra credit or curving. Is it worth another W ? I went to office hours and she told me I’m a great student, she sees me taking notes and she doesn’t know what else I could be doing. When a professor says that to you and doesn’t for a moment reflect on what they are doing it’s like I don’t have a choice. It’s a little late in the semester for much change. My tough first year makes sense in my opinion but to have it continue into sophomore year makes me worried for my application. Even though I am improved so much. So it’s possibly another C or another W.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone, I am a sophomore in my first semester. My first year was during covid where I withdrew from 2 classes, I got a C in biostat, calculus and basic biology during that time as well. Right now I have 3 As, a B and C this semester. I got the ecology professor from hell this semester and I am considering withdrawing I have a 73 and would need a miracle for a b. She said she doesn’t believe in extra credit or curving. Is it worth another W ? I went to office hours and she told me I’m a great student, she sees me taking notes and she doesn’t know what else I could be doing. When a professor says that to you and doesn’t for a moment reflect on what they are doing it’s like I don’t have a choice. It’s a little late in the semester for much change. My tough first year makes sense in my opinion but to have it continue into sophomore year makes me worried for my application. Even though I am improved so much. So it’s possibly another C or another W.
Hey Jay,

What is your overall GPA? Science GPA?

Hey Jay,

What is your overall GPA? Science GPA?
3.12 from my freshman year (3.8 first semester, 2.7 last semester because I worked many hours at target because I needed to provide for myself). I realized that that money is temporary and my dream of being a doctor is more important so I quit. My science gpa is like a 2.8.

Take the W.

Regarding study skills, are you working extra problems taken from old quizzes and exams and then going over them with the TA, professor or other classmates?