2 weeks enough for Step 2 CK?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wrx

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My options are:

a.) study for 2 weeks during our break before 4th year

b.) study for 4 weeks during my Neuro block in Dec.

Are either of these plans feasable? 2 wks is not enough to go through B+W, Secrets, USMLEworld. Can you even get any studying done during Neuro?

Any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

Im taking the test Tuesday with just under 3wks prep. 2-3hr/day

I studied 2 weeks (allowed myself 2.5 weeks but couldn't get motivated, so probably my serious study days added up to just under 2 weeks). Got 230s (same as my Step 1 score).

If you are taking a month off to interview, do NOT expect to get lots of time to study if you're doing as many interviews as me (about 14 in a month). I had to push back my testing date because I was too wiped out to study -- and many of my classmates did the same.

I took CK post-match and could NOT motivate myself to study. Ended up putting in 2 half days (~5 hrs) and was very pleased with my scores - two weeks is MORE than enough.

Members don't see this ad :)
wrx said:
My options are:

a.) study for 2 weeks during our break before 4th year

b.) study for 4 weeks during my Neuro block in Dec.

Are either of these plans feasable? 2 wks is not enough to go through B+W, Secrets, USMLEworld. Can you even get any studying done during Neuro?

Any suggestions?

I gave myself 3 weeks but ended up really studying for only about 10 days. Did slightly better than my step 1.

2 weeks is definitely enough to go through FA and either q-bank or USMLEworld.

If you really want to do well on Step2 (i.e., to get results for the match), I think in general it's better to have dedicated studying time. Most people I talked too who studied during rotations felt that even the easy rotations is not conduceive to cramming.

Everyone is different in what they need to study - I did about 600mcq's from usmleworld and was very happy with my step 2 score. If you have been doing ok on your shelf exams I would recommend maximizing your qbank and supplementing areas you are weak on with other methods of studying. Especially if you are in a time crunch. 2 weeks is more than enough time to get that done!

Jessica said:
I took CK post-match and could NOT motivate myself to study. Ended up putting in 2 half days (~5 hrs) and was very pleased with my scores - two weeks is MORE than enough.
:thumbup: