2 week notice!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CLGUY

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I found out that I got accepted into UM-Flint today (yay!), but I received an email from them basically stating that I have two weeks to return an acceptance form and reservation deposit. I haven't heard from any other schools yet. The problem is that its a hard choice between UM-Flint and another school I applied to. Now, it seems that I don't even have time to decide because the other school doesn't send out acceptances until early/mid march. What should I do?!

Members don't see this ad.

CLGUY, The same thing happened to me! I was accepted into a program on an early decision. I ended up paying $400 to hold my seat (the deposit for matriculation) and gave them my acceptance. I figure I'm going to be spending thousands of dollars in the end why not hold my spot there while I am waiting for others to get back to me. Just in case I didn't get in anywhere else I still knew I was going to be a PT. I think you should just bite the bullet and pay the deposit, just in case, especially if it is high on your list. If you do get in to the other and decide to go there, you may lose your deposit at Flint but you'll know you made a better choice.

Thats good advice. I didnt have to worry about this happening since I only applied to one school.

:D

Members don't see this ad :)
You can do that? I thought the form/deposit was a committment. Would it look bad to send those in and then later decline the acceptance?

Who cares if it would look bad. Once you know the school you want to go to, all the other schools mean nothing to you.

Don't forget that our world revolves around politics, yes even in PT, dont be afraid to do whats best for YOU first!

Who cares if it would look bad. Once you know the school you want to go to, all the other schools mean nothing to you.

Don't forget that our world revolves around politics, yes even in PT, dont be afraid to do whats best for YOU first!

I totally agree with this statement. Besides PT school isn't quite like the process for med school/ law school where they announce what schools you have applied to or where you have accepted admission - at least not yet. In the end it's your money, your time, and your future success (high scores) the schools want, it is ultimately up to you to decide who gets it. Education is a business, you are the commodity.

You can try to ask for an extension from the school that accepted you, in hopes of hearing from other schools in that time. I tried this though and, suspiciously, my calls were never returned, hah.

Since it seems this is at least your #2 school, your best bet is probably to suck it up and pay the deposit. It's a very painful check to write, I know, but it will be a saving grace if you would end up not being accepted to your #1. And, in the long run, a few hundred dollars doesn't seem like such a big deal when you compare it to your total tuition costs. At least that's how I convinced myself to pay the $500 to my #2.

You can try to ask for an extension from the school that accepted you, in hopes of hearing from other schools in that time. I tried this though and, suspiciously, my calls were never returned, hah.

Since it seems this is at least your #2 school, your best bet is probably to suck it up and pay the deposit. It's a very painful check to write, I know, but it will be a saving grace if you would end up not being accepted to your #1. And, in the long run, a few hundred dollars doesn't seem like such a big deal when you compare it to your total tuition costs. At least that's how I convinced myself to pay the $500 to my #2.
You're lucky... my #1 was $600! Still waiting to write that baby out... haha