2 Random Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PrincetonRocks

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
1. What's everyone doing this Thanksgiving?
2. What do you get a guy who has practically everything for this birthday?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
1) Going home...I REALLY need the break.

...no answer for #2...good luck!

My rule of thumb for the person who has everything is to get something consumable.

For example, my brother is impossible so I've taken to buying him a nice single malt scotch for his birthday every year. He loves it.

BTW, I'm going to my mother's in Floriday for T-day.

What do you give a guy that has everthing?????

antibiotics

Originally posted by PrincetonRocks
2. What do you get a guy who has practically everything for this birthday?

A book on Buddhism, so he can learn to free himself from worldly materialism that binds his spirit to the never-ending cycle of death and rebirth.

Seriously, take him out somewhere nice...get nice tickets to the opera and then take him out to dinner some place classy. If he's overburdened with possesions, you have to think consumables, as the circumspect LaurieB has pointed out.

Alcohol is highly consumable -- single-malt scotch was mentioned by the aformentioned poster. Add to that a year-long membership in a beer-of-the-month club. Steatohepatitis be damned. Who cares if your friend's liver shows up as a pathology slide when your grandkids are in medical school?

Incidentally PrincetonRocks, you know I love you, but I hope a mod moves this thread to the lounge. As you can probably tell, there are more important threads in pre-allo, like the one debating whether Princeton or CalTech has the better basketball team, and which of the two will win the Ivy League. Sorry babe, but the tigers are going down this year.

Going home for Thanksgiving.

Get him two really good tickets to a sporting event.

1) Spending it with close family.
2) Take him for a nice day, where you can see a sunset. i don't know where you are, but maybe go on a ferry ride, maybe around when there's a sunset, and then just spend time together talking, etc... just an idea.

:) :) Have a good Thanksgiving.

1) going home and to my grandma's
2) according to a good friend of mine, head.

Originally posted by ms_tommy
What do you give a guy that has everthing?????

antibiotics

hehe funny..thats cute!