RANDOM - AAMC Transmittal date

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Green-Eyed Girl

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
It seems the AAMC transmittal to med schools is usually the last Friday of June. Weird that it is Sunday this year??

Members don't see this ad.

It seems the AAMC transmittal to med schools is usually the last Friday of June. Weird that it is Sunday this year??
It won't be! Where are you getting that from? If it's anyplace other than AAMC, they don't know what they are talking about, and are just miscalculating the date based on prior years, without taking weekends into account! :) Rest assured, the date will almost certainly be Friday, 6/24!

It won't be! Where are you getting that from? If it's anyplace other than AAMC, they don't know what they are talking about, and are just miscalculating the date based on prior years, without taking weekends into account! :) Rest assured, the date will almost certainly be Friday, 6/24!
Fair point. I think I found it on the website of one of the consulting services when I googled the date. Am I right that it is usually the last Friday in June?? I was guessing the reason it was Sunday was 6/24 is quite early - the earliest it could be as last Friday.

Fair point. I think I found it on the website of one of the consulting services when I googled the date. Am I right that it is usually the last Friday in June?? I was guessing the reason it was Sunday was 6/24 is quite early - the earliest it could be as last Friday.
You are spot on. The consulting sites make sloppy mistakes like this all the time, which honestly calls into question why anxious premeds pay them hundreds or thousands of dollars for their so-called expertise in navigating the process when they can't even get simple stuff like this right!

The probable answer has nothing to do with 6/24 being the earliest possible last Friday in June. It's more likely that the dummy doing the calculation didn't realize that you have to subtract 1 from last year's date to get to the correct date, rather than adding one, and THEN didn't check to see that 6/26 is on a Sunday, which it will always be when adding 1 to a date that falls on a Friday in the prior year, other than in a leap year! :)

Reactions: 1 user