2 pharmacy schools shut down, which ones next

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Which they deserve every bit, since they’ll finally get a taste of the CVS job market of saturation, terrible work conditions, and crushing student debt they created for us as they hid in their ivory towers telling us that retail is beneath us.

I hope the ones who gave pharmacy students a hard time get what they deserve! Especially the ones who had retail rotations aka free labor. I had a Wags rotation where the RXM called in the professor to the store to speak to students who didn't work hard enough!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Ha, I actually know/occasionally work with a pharmacy school professor. Not from the school I went to, but local to the area I work in. He seems like a cool guy and is 100% aware of the **** environment he is now a part of…kind of sad...I definitely can Tell he puts on a face when dealing with customers/answering phone calls vs. talking to him in person as a peer. But don’t we all do this to some extent?

Members don't see this ad :)
If one of my old professors walked in and I had to train them, I would probably laugh uncontrollably for a few hours straight. Like, really loudly.
The way tenure works at WVU, it’s early retirement. Most of the science faculty don’t draw a salary already (industry money). But pharmacy school is never a money maker for a state in almost all cases (Rutgers, RI, UConn, Temple, Pitt, UF, Kansas, Michigan, and UMN are the exceptions).

Sorry. Guess I wasn't reading between the lines..... I wonder what the starting salary is for a puppeteer these days....might be worth a look.
No, it's on there. School of Theatre and Dance.

• Haha
Sorry. Guess I wasn't reading between the lines..... I wonder what the starting salary is for a puppeteer these days....might be worth a look.
Why's everyone bashing puppetry? First of all, there's actually a market for puppeteers. Has nobody seen a Muppet movie recently?

Secondly, come out and say what you really mean: Non-STEM degrees are not worth the paper their printed on. I'm sure that's true from a financial perspective. Most people can make more money managing a car rental branch than they can working in a library. But do you really want to live in a world where there are no social workers, no art historians, no special ed teachers? I do not.

Why's everyone bashing puppetry? First of all, there's actually a market for puppeteers. Has nobody seen a Muppet movie recently?

Secondly, come out and say what you really mean: Non-STEM degrees are not worth the paper their printed on. I'm sure that's true from a financial perspective. Most people can make more money managing a car rental branch than they can working in a library. But do you really want to live in a world where there are no social workers, no art historians, no special ed teachers? I do not.
There are lots of great non stem majors. Nobody is saying otherwise.

Sadly many of those great majors turn into careers that necessary but grossly undercompensated.

I believe South University (a for profit) closed its Columbia, SC campus. I think the Savannah, GA campus may still be in operation? I used to work at a hospital in Columbia, SC...my director refused take students or hire grads from South University.

I believe South University (a for profit) closed its Columbia, SC campus. I think the Savannah, GA campus may still be in operation? I used to work at a hospital in Columbia, SC...my director refused take students or hire grads from South University.

this states they still have a columbia campus - unfortunately

this states they still have a columbia campus - unfortunately
I think that may be outdated. There is no mention of the Columbia campus on schools website and it is not listed on Pharmcas. Only the Savannah campus.

I think that may be outdated. There is no mention of the Columbia campus on schools website and it is not listed on Pharmcas. Only the Savannah campus.
the second link is from their website??

Hearing 8 incoming P1s so far for UNE

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
how is that even remotely sustainable?
It's not. But UNE has little interest in shuttering their program unless Husson closes theirs first; there is pride at stake in the Pine Tree State. When both programs announced plans to open the same year, the folks at UNE (who did announce first) were running their mouths about their beliefs that there was no need for two pharmacy programs in Maine. Which proved correct! Just not the way they thought it would.