2 months 2 week 2 days...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oreosandsake

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i'm trying to figure out how much time i should devote to studying for step 2

i have scheduled one less intensive rotation to go take both step 2 and the clinical exam...

does the rule of 2's hold true?

also, i saw in some other threads that a lot of students said their score from step 1 to step 2 didn't change much. i am quite okay with that, with the caveat that i studied like a monster for step1 and started studying 5 months prior to the real thing.

in my case then, should it be 5Months, 5 weeks, 5 days???

Members don't see this ad.

5 months? Wow.

I studied 6 weeks hardcore (maybe 3-4 half days off) for Step 1.

I studied 4 weeks part-time (with at least a week of downtime) for Step 2.

Ended up beating my Step 1 score. If you are going to really buckle down and study, 2 weeks is probably enough.

Oreos:

Are you taking just COMLEX or USMLE as well?

If just comlex - 2 intense weeks is totally doable.

I spent 2 weeks during interview season w/ USMLE Secrets, Savarese and COMBANK (~800q's) and it was enough to beat my step 1 score by 40 pts.

If taking USMLE, you may need a little more time to thoroughly get through UWorld.

Good luck.

i'm trying to figure out how much time i should devote to studying for step 2

i have scheduled one less intensive rotation to go take both step 2 and the clinical exam...

does the rule of 2's hold true?

also, i saw in some other threads that a lot of students said their score from step 1 to step 2 didn't change much. i am quite okay with that, with the caveat that i studied like a monster for step1 and started studying 5 months prior to the real thing.

in my case then, should it be 5Months, 5 weeks, 5 days???

thanks for the responses.

I am still in the air about this. the reason being is that my original CBT date was scheduled to be very close to my trip to philadelphia which was scheduled months ago.

I cannot reasonably postpone the PE, so i thought maybe i should postpone the CBT so that the spacing between them is more than a handful of days.

Taus
I appreciate your advice. I am thinking right now that I will only be taking the comlex II, but am not sure about that - did you take them both? i know you had very comfortable step 1 scores.

I will consider bumping it back up.

good luck on the interview trail.