This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1064759

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I attend a 1.5 year preclinical school that is not at all board-focused. I've been flirting with the idea of taking it sooner but don't really have a great time plan. Is anyone planning to take it sooner, outside of their school's plan, which is taking both after M3 core clerkships?

Is taking step after M3 really considered early? Some people at my school take it in the middle of M2

No, it's relatively late.

I'm asking if anyone is planning to take step 1 after their 1.5 yr preclinical, despite the school's plan to have students take both after M3.

Oh gotcha. Students at your school would probably have a better idea of your specific situation. But if your school produces high board scores why not trust the process?

No, it's relatively late.

I'm asking if anyone is planning to take step 1 after their 1.5 yr preclinical, despite the school's plan to have students take both after M3.

Also attend a school that does this. Upperclassman that went through this process said just studying for the shelf exams during clinicals helped a lot. I’m currently half way through clinicals so I plan to just study that way then grind out practice problems during dedicated in December and just take step 1 after then step 2 3-4 weeks later. Should have most of the step 2 content down since I will keep doing anki. My program even flirted with the idea of taking step 2 first with our dedicated time right after clinicals and step 1 whenever