100k pt student loans.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

johnsl

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am curious to know previous pt students paid off their 100k and above loans from pt school when the starting salary here in california is around 65k. I just want to know how you are able to live off that salary and pay off the loan in a ten year plan. Were you able to live comfortably or did you have to live on a very tight budget until the loans were paid off?? Thank you for any response.

Members don't see this ad.

I would suggest not going with a 10 year program. Establish a 20-30 year program with lower interest and lower montly payments. Yes, you will have the loan hanging overhead and end up paying more in interest. However, you'll be able to take the difference in payments and live with a little more comfort and invest the rest into your retirement or personal investment plans. It is reasonable to expect (unless on bad years like 2008) that market investements will provide a greater return than the interest on your loans (you'll be coming out ahead) plus with the 10-20 years of earlier investing you will be producing a compounding investment/interest that will leave you hunderds of thousands more when its time to retire.

Also... $65,000... whoever hires you can do much better.

whoever hries you can do much better? Salaries aren't that bad, ESPECIALLY in california. I dunno where you people get these low numbers from...unless your working in the middle of wisconsin or something.