$100 to reschedule step 2 ck?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bulldog

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
so there's a $100 fee to reschedule step 2 ck before the 5 business day thing?

Exam Name: STEP 2 - United States Medical Licensing Exam -
Step 2 - United States Medical Licensing Examination
Reschedule Fee: 100.00 USD
Tax: 0.00 USD
Balance: 100.00 USD

Members don't see this ad.

They want you to reschedule before 12 noon 5 Business days prior to your originally scheduled date so as to avoid the rescheduling fee. It wasn't clear how much the fee was but, apparently, it's $100. It's annoying, but it is mentioned!

I tried to reschedule Step 2 CK on the prometric site and it wanted to charge me even though I was way ahead of the five business day deadline. So, I called prometric and had them reschedule for me. No charge.

Theres a glitch in the computer system. If you want to reschedule, you have to call prometric directly and reschedule with them on the phone (no charge).

Members don't see this ad :)
what about extending the elgibility period? i'd love to get out of that $50 damn fee. it's like the $470 i already paid wasn't enough for them

I just extended eligibility and, as far as I can tell, there is no way to extend eligibility without the $50 fee, regardless of how much advance notice is given. Extending seemed like a fair deal, in the sense you have until 25 days AFTER your original period ends to get them the forms, the caveat being you still have to cancel your original appt 5 Business Days prior, or you'll be charged a rescheduling fee ($100).