10 points in 1.5 weeks for CK

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kushr88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wondering what you guys think is the best thing to do for the last 1.5 weeks. I took NBME 4 today and got a 260, goal is 270. Going to take the UWORLD assessment next weekend and 2 clinical mastery series (med/surgery). Finished MTB 2/3, gave up on secrets, finished UWORLD 2x and going through my uworld objective book now. I've taken all the clinical mastery series but 2 which i'm taking next weekend. Watched all the online-med ed videos. At this point i'm just watching the online med ed videos over and doing uworld a 3rd time on random but not sure of what else to do.

Members don't see this ad.

Pretty much nothing

Once you are consistently scoring above a 250, you have the solid base of knowledge and test taking skills to score anywhere from a 250-270. There's no book you can read that will push you from a 260 to a 270 in one week... because the gaps in knowledge you have are so finite and specific at this point.

It all depends on the test you get and how lucky you get on guessing for the impossible questions

That's always been my philosophy

Makes sense. The ones i missed on 4 were mostly on me in that I read to fast or misread something so i could have got a 270 on that one. I guess i'll just stick to doing uworld to make sure I don't forget anything major.

Members don't see this ad :)
Really? Really? You realize how many people would hate the type complaining about a 260

In no way am I complaining, I set a goal and havnt reached it. I was seeing if anyone had any advice for the last week to push the score up. If you havnt reached 260 then you weren't studying hard enough or the right way.

I love the SDN bragging. Like when pre meds come on here and ask: I have a 3.9 at yale and a 43 mcat. Is that enough to get into medical school? :poke:

Reactions: 1 user
It's a very neurotic community most people don't understand and skews people's perspective

If you were to visit SDN you would leave thinking:
- 250 on step 1 is par for the course
- everyone struggles with CS and it is a very difficult exam

When in reality:
- 218 is the average for step 1
- There is a 98% pass rate for CS

It's a very neurotic community most people don't understand and skews people's perspective

If you were to visit SDN you would leave thinking:
- 250 on step 1 is par for the course
- everyone struggles with CS and it is a very difficult exam

When in reality:
- 218 is the average for step 1
- There is a 98% pass rate for CS

neither of these are true

ofUf5Cy.png

Step 1 average is listed around a 220.

You were saying?

Last edited:
Not to be nit picky but Step 1 mean hasn't been 220 for many years. It was 230 in 2014, SD 20.

Your point is still valid.

It dropped back to 228 when I got my result(Jan 2015). I don't know what current average is.

Reactions: 1 user