1 OT school within a 100 miles

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LizOT

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is my first post on this forum and I am so very grateful to have found it!!!
I am applying for Adventist University of Health Sciences (use to be Florida College of Health Sciences) in Orlando, FL which seems to be the ONLY school within 100 miles that has a Masters in OT programs in my area. This school seems to be in the first stage of accreditation (development) and only accepts 25 students in the fall. I currently have a BA in business so I have to take about 6 more pre-req classes and the GMAT before I can apply. I'm wondering, this school also has a OTA program that requires NO pre-reqs and is accredited...considering the fact that I may have to go through all these classes to get into the masters in OT in this school with no guarantee of acceptance, should I even bother? MS program would take me 3 years to complete if accepted vs. 2 years for OTA. And then there is the issue with financial aid...very limited since i already have a degree. I'm turning 35 this year and really don't want to make any financially catastrophic mistakes or waste any precious time. I have a family and cannot move and my Undergrad GPA is a 3.1...too low to even consider Barry University. Any advice will be appreciated:)

Members don't see this ad.