Who on here posted to Reddit?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DynamicDidactic

Still Kickin'
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Be honest :)

Link

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Fox Tv Popcorn GIF by The Four

It wasn't me, because I don't love how they define trauma, either. Overwhelming your ability to cope isn't in itself traumatic

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Agree w/ Cara on the trauma definition. Some people have incredibly poor coping skills. Someone who has a meltdown because they got a "B" on an exam had their resources overwhelmed but did not experience trauma.

I fully support there being some room for scientific debate around the exact boundary definitions of trauma - there is certainly a continuum of "unpleasant things" and I haven't seen good research suggesting fundamental breakpoints based on DSM definitions. That said, this is a nuanced scientific debate and not what is taking place in public forums.

Reactions: 2 users
It wasn't me, because I don't love how they define trauma, either. Overwhelming your ability to cope isn't in itself traumatic
Trauma also doesn't have anything to do with coping except the correlation that traumatic events tend to exceed what people can cope with. But often patients with PTSD "cope" with the event of their trauma just fine.

I post on Reddit, but not anything professional. I am mostly there for hobby/personal interest forums.

Reactions: 1 user