MD WAMC + School List help (3.98 GPA + 514) + ORM + NJ resident

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sunsetEnjoyer

Reaction score
cGPA and sGPA as calculated by AMCAS or AACOMAS: 4.0 sGPA, 3.98 cGPa
MCAT score(s) and breakdown. Include all (non-voided) attempts. 514 (127/126/129/132).
State of residence or country of citizenship (if non-US): NJ
Ethnicity and/or race: Middle Eastern / White(???)
Undergraduate institution or category: Public NJ - BS in Bio, double minor Chem and Social Justice - Currently a Junior
Clinical experience (volunteer and non-volunteer):
- [500 hrs] - Paid Medical Interpreter at Forensic Psychiatric Facility- interpreted for patients facing legal charges in an inpatient setting. Interpreted for patients speaking with medical staff during checkups and daily rounds, interpreted for psych evals and sessions.
- [150 hrs] - Outpatient Clinic Volunteer
Research experience and productivity
- [2000~ongoing] - Neurobiology and Behavior Research - Joined lab as freshman, helped design, create and implement an fMRI and behavioral study on smokers and addiction. Two poster presentation(school conference), Paper being written rn (Mid author, likely published by end of my senior year). won Fellowship for this. Most of the work was study design, coding, fMRI analysis and data analysis and regression.
Shadowing experience and specialties represented
- [100 hrs] - Psychiatry (inpatient, out patient), Emergency, Internal
Non-clinical volunteering
- [100 hrs] - university food bank
- [100 hrs] sourcing, funding and creating hygiene care packages for local community center
Other extracurricular activities (including athletics, military service, gap year activities, leadership, teaching, etc)
- [600 hrs] - Treasurer of Club - Helped establish a new Chapter at my school focused on overcoming language barriers in health care. Club acted as a Liason between nearby hospitals or health centers to recruit students for translation/interpretation. Hosted GBMs, fundraising, member recruitment.
- [300 hrs] - Recitation Instructor - Taught Organic Chemistry 1 and 2 workshop in a registered university course. created lesson plans, notes and study guides.
- [1000~] - Free lance graphic designer - paid/unpaid work on the side
Relevant honors or awards
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Winner of Undergraduate Research Fellowship
Anything else not listed you think might be important
- I've gotten *good LOR from all of the relevant parties (research, clinical, lecturer I was teaching for)
- Signed up for both PReview and Casper
- Great focus on psychiatry in my clinical experiences(could be a bad thing (not diversified enough) or a good thing (being specialized)
- Theme of language access with a club focused on it and working as an interpreter
- Immigrated 10 years ago. lived in oklahoma (middle school) then moved to NJ. Living in NJ, all my clinical experiences has been in NYC.
I'm really hoping to get some help with my school list specifically maybe adding more NY schools. Ideal choices would be anywhere in NJ or NYC. Thank you for taking the time. Much appreciated.
List:
Hackensack
Rutgers -NJMS
Rutgers - RWJ
Cooper
Albert Einstein
Columbia
Weil Cornell
Mount Sinai
Renaissance School of Medicine at Stony Brook University
Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine
Drexel
BU
Stanford
UCLA
UCSF
Tufts
Georgetown
Kaiser

Members don't see this ad.

You could add these schools to your application:
Rochester
Quinnipiac
Temple
Jefferson
George Washington
Pittsburgh
Dartmouth
Brown
USF Morsani
TCU
Rosalind Franklin
Medical College Wisconsin
U Michigan
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State

You could add these schools to your application:
Rochester
Quinnipiac
Temple
Jefferson
George Washington
Pittsburgh
Dartmouth
Brown
USF Morsani
TCU
Rosalind Franklin
Medical College Wisconsin
U Michigan
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
Thank you for the list. I didn't add brown because of their OOS bias, is there something I should be aware of?

Members don't see this ad :)