This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jg4001

JohnDO
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I just got my MCAT score: 506 (128/125/127/126) and my science GPA is 3.8. Was pretty pissed cause I was hitting 510+ on AAMC FLs

I’m not a strong applicant rn as I only have a few shadowing experiences and some volunteering/leadership which I plan to work on my senior year (yes I’m taking a gap year). I live in New Jersey and I was maybe thinking of applying to Rowan D.O and some other good D.O schools around me and maybe a few MD programs. Should I retake the exam? Or should I bank on pumping up my ECs and applying next year. I’m so lost rn so any advice will help or anything (stories, experiences, how to approach the problem). Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

With a 506, target:
NYMC
Drexel
Wayne State (maybe)
U Toledo
Seton Hall
Rosy Franklin
Loma Linda (only if you are SDA or a very devout Christian)
Loyola
WVU
VCU
U VM
Rush
MCW
SLU
Creighton
Albany
Oakland-B
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)
Netter
Gtown
GWU
Your state school(s).
Nova MD
Geisinger (maybe)
Any DO school. I can't recommend Touro-NY, Nova, Wm Carey, LUCOM, for different reasons. MSUCOM? Read up on Larry Nasser and you decide.

Reactions: 1 user
With a 506, target:
NYMC
Drexel
Wayne State (maybe)
U Toledo
Seton Hall
Rosy Franklin
Loma Linda (only if you are SDA or a very devout Christian)
Loyola
WVU
VCU
U VM
Rush
MCW
SLU
Creighton
Albany
Oakland-B
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)
Netter
Gtown
GWU
Your state school(s).
Nova MD
Geisinger (maybe)
Any DO school. I can't recommend Touro-NY, Nova, Wm Carey, LUCOM, for different reasons. MSUCOM? Read up on Larry Nasser and you decide.
When you say DO school are u recommending any school except the ones u mentioned ?

Members don't see this ad :)
What's your cGPA?

On a related note, would anynody know if schools autoscreen you based on both your sGPA and cGPA or just cGPA?