neco and ico

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1017515

i was accepted to both of these schools for class of 2025 and i wanted to know if anyone had any insight/advice/opinions on which school i should choose. cost comes out to be about the same when including both tuition and cost of living.

thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! I recently posted trying to get more opinions about ICO, but when I didn’t hear anything from SDN I reached out to some current students there. Here is what I gathered about ICO:
-it is a hub for most airlines, so it is generally easy to find a flight if you should some reason have to go home ASAP
-liberal > conservative
-public transportation, you can have a car on campus but no need to
-safety, yeah the area isn’t the greatest, but they have many precautions to keep students safe, and being in a low income area gives you the opportunity to see more diverse cases and patients
-social, Chicago has an exciting night life and ICO plans a lot of social events for their students (boat cruises, bar crawls, etc.)
-weather is relatively decent (I’m from Minnesota so it is pretty much the same, just more windy)
-testing, most people are scared of ICO’s quarter system and two exams a week, but most students find that this actually works better for them and allows them to have a pretty consistent routine
-ICO has a free tutor program that most students take advantage of
-there is no dress code at ICO or attendance requirements

Reactions: 1 user
Hi, can I ask how was your virtual interview at NECO and what kind of questions did they ask? Thank you :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I recently posted trying to get more opinions about ICO, but when I didn’t hear anything from SDN I reached out to some current students there. Here is what I gathered about ICO:
-it is a hub for most airlines, so it is generally easy to find a flight if you should some reason have to go home ASAP
-liberal > conservative
-public transportation, you can have a car on campus but no need to
-safety, yeah the area isn’t the greatest, but they have many precautions to keep students safe, and being in a low income area gives you the opportunity to see more diverse cases and patients
-social, Chicago has an exciting night life and ICO plans a lot of social events for their students (boat cruises, bar crawls, etc.)
-weather is relatively decent (I’m from Minnesota so it is pretty much the same, just more windy)
-testing, most people are scared of ICO’s quarter system and two exams a week, but most students find that this actually works better for them and allows them to have a pretty consistent routine
-ICO has a free tutor program that most students take advantage of
-there is no dress code at ICO or attendance requirements
thank you!! this was very helpful :) did u reach out to a student you already knew there or was it someone the admissions office connected you with?

Hi, can I ask how was your virtual interview at NECO and what kind of questions did they ask? Thank you :)
my NECO interview was my first one so i was very nervous for it but everyone made me feel so comfortable. my one-on-one was very conversational and relaxed. he basically just asked me why optometry, asked me about my undergrad experience ( i was a non-science major), my optometric experience, and we talked a lot about community health. i would have a bunch of questions prepared for your interviewer

thank you!! this was very helpful :) did u reach out to a student you already knew there or was it someone the admissions office connected you with?
I asked someone I knew but I also reached out to people on Instagram who I saw go to ICO!

Reactions: 1 user