Interview days

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

a1bui

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Quick question:

What days do schools generally have interviews?

Someone told me it was Friday, but I thought you can interview any day of the week (depending on appointment). I need to know so I can plan out which classes to take next term.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Members don't see this ad.

a1bui said:
Quick question:

Someone told me it was Friday, but I thought you can interview any day of the week (depending on appointment). I need to know so I can plan out which classes to take next term.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

You're going to plan your school schedule around when you might have a couple interviews??!! :confused: Interesting.... Well, regardless of what I am thinking right now ;), I was offered a choice of Monday or Tuesday. In fact, I don't think I ever interviewed on a Friday. I might also add that all schools are going to change interview dates depending on when they need them. I would not try to factor them into your class schedule....

a1bui said:
I know SCO and IU offer interviews on Fridays... perhaps Mondays as well. I think my ICO interview was on a Monday. Generally, I wouldn't really bother trying to plan your classes around possible interviews. You'll work it all out as you go.

Members don't see this ad :)
Haha...it makes a difference, let me explain. I have the option of taking bacteriology lab, or another upper division bio (non-lab). The labs at my school have a rule that says you get kicked out of the class if you miss more then 1 lab day. SOOOO, being a Wednesday & Friday class, if I interviewed those days, I'd be kicked out of the class (w/ a "w" too i think).

So, being as interviews can be Monday, I guess I can take it......Thanks.

a1bui said:
So, being as interviews can be Monday, I guess I can take it......Thanks.
When you get an interview offer, then generally offer you two or three choices of dates (assuming you apply early enough), and then say that if none of the dates accommodate your schedule to contact the admissions office. Harsh deal with only being able to miss one lab, though - even for interviews. Good luck!

My PCO interview was on a Wednesday in November and my SCCO interview was on a Saturday in January. Often times admissions does give you options (and usually the earlier you apply, the more options you have). Keep in mind that unless you live in the area of the school, it is often impossible (or expensive) to do your interview in one day. Keep in mind that although you are offered an interview at a certain time, you can arrange to schedule it months later (like when your school may be out on spring break for example) and not lessen your chances of being accepted. I could have had my SCCO interview in November, but I waited until I graduated and moved back to CA in January so I wouldn't jeopardize my graduation, or miss more classes than I can afford.

With this being said you can try to plan your classes around interviews you don't have scheduled yet, but leave room for the unexpected and know that schools are flexible and will try to accomodate you.

S_SEEN2020 said:
Keep in mind that although you are offered an interview at a certain time, you can arrange to schedule it months later (like when your school may be out on spring break for example) and not lessen your chances of being accepted.

With schools that have rolling admission, your chances of being accepted are much better the earlier you complete your interview process. It's simple numbers in Fall there might be only 20% of the class filled as oppossed tho Spring when 75+% is filled. If you get an early interview and there is anyway you can make it go! The best case is that you will get in, decreasing the stress of applying, the worse case is that you are rejected/waitlisted and even then you have the experience of being interviewed which will help you later on.

iiiimonica said:
With schools that have rolling admission, your chances of being accepted are much better the earlier you complete your interview process. It's simple numbers in Fall there might be only 20% of the class filled as oppossed tho Spring when 75+% is filled. If you get an early interview and there is anyway you can make it go! The best case is that you will get in, decreasing the stress of applying, the worse case is that you are rejected/waitlisted and even then you have the experience of being interviewed which will help you later on.

You know, I've often wondered if this was really true, or just some theory we perpetuated. I didn't apply until March and was accepted to four schools. As many people know, my stats were not that good. Part of me has always thought that applying late was an advantage as schools may have reserved more spaces than they were able to fill (I know, I know...that's what waiting lists are for.) Anyway, just a thought that I have been harboring for a loooong time. :oops: Like Monica said, better to apply early to reduce the impending :eek: stress levels.