How long did you study for the OAT and what was your score?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DOctorCAL1

Medical Student
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I keep pushing my date because I get so busy that I don't have time to study. I finished spring quarter mid June and started summer classes right away. Now I am busy with that but I know I need to study for my OAT exam. What is your advice? I have it two months from today!

Members don't see this ad.

3 weeks 12-14 hrs a day. 370/360

Definitely agree with the above advice! It’s helpful to have that test date as something to motivate you and push you to work harder in the time you’ve got. I took my test June 23rd, and my Spring quarter also ended mid-June! I started studying near the end of March-ish but didn’t take it too seriously. I started to really focus on studying for the test around the end of April/beginning of May because I started to panic, but I was still taking classes on top of studying for the OAT and whenever I had exams in my classes, I would go days without touching any OAT study material. Overall I’d say I did around 2 to 2.5 months total of studying. I ended up only getting a week and a half of solid study time between end of Spring quarter and my test date, but this time really gave me the push I needed to succeed. I honestly was so conflicted the days before my test and felt like rescheduling sooo many times, but I’m glad I didn’t chicken out. You never really feel ready, but as long as you know you’ve done the best you can, you’ll do great!!!!

I studied for 6-8 hours everyday for about 4 weeks and got a 400/380. The most helpful thing for me was to set an actual test date and work towards that (like the above advice said). I also started with a lot of content review but slowly switched gears to doing more practice problems and practice exams, which I think helped a lot.