Can an emmetrope get into OD school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cpw

It's a boy !!!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Apparently, the answer is yes !! ;)

Welcome to our newest SDN co-mod for Optometry: r_salis !!! :clap:

Members don't see this ad.

Alright, being that I haven't started optometry school yet, I've gotta ask... what is an emmetrope? Is that even an optometry related word or am I dense? :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
prettygreeneyes said:
Alright, being that I haven't started optometry school yet, I've gotta ask... what is an emmetrope? Is that even an optometry related word or am I dense? :confused:
It's someone with normal eyes, i.e. emmetropic means parallel light rays are focused perfectly on the retina, so an emmetrope is someone with this "condition." The opposite would be ametropic, i.e. someone with myopia, hyperopia, or astigmatism, where visual images aren't in focus on the retina. ;)

in_translation said:
It's someone with normal eyes, i.e. emmetropic means parallel light rays are focused perfectly on the retina, so an emmetrope is someone with this "condition." The opposite would be ametropic, i.e. someone with myopia, hyperopia, or astigmatism, where visual images aren't in focus on the retina. ;)

Ahhh... thanks!!!