2023-2024 Ohio State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if there is a Groupme for accepted students?
Yes!! The link to the Groupme was sent out in an email

Members don't see this ad.

It's really uplifting to hear your success story! I've been on the deferred list since October. Just wanting to know--do you know when Ohio State typically lets deferred folks know about their status? Is there any kind of ranking for the list? I'm getting a little worried because many schools start in early July, which is going to make planning difficult if I am still holding out hope for OSU. Thanks so much in advance!
Hey sorry to be seeing this just now (took Step 1 last week so been a busy month). There is a ranking for the deferred list, but they won't tell you where you are on the list. Everyone on the deferred list who is not accepted in the next week or so will end up on the waitlist.

Historically, most of the movement is in May through the first week of June. Obviously, that makes it challenging if you are trying to finalize housing/moving to a new city/tuition payments. Dont quote me on this, but if I remember correctly, you are allowed to remain on the waitlist through 4-6 weeks before a school starts, so you certainly can start the process of getting everything prepared for another school and back out if you get an acceptance from OSU.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
is tomorrow a day that we can receive decisions?
i don’t think so unfortunately:/ looks like decisions were released last week. i think the next round will be around april 15th. i’m also deferred, best of luck! hope we both get in ◡̈

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know when we will hear back about scholarships?

Anyone know when we will hear back about scholarships?
I got an email from the dean earlier today that said I should be hearing back from admissions office in the coming days. I'm not sure if anyone else got an actual monetary amount yet.

I got an email from the dean earlier today that said I should be hearing back from admissions office in the coming days. I'm not sure if anyone else got an actual monetary amount yet.
Are you saying they confirmed you got a scholarship but haven’t given an amount?

also got the same email!

Got an email this morning about a small financial aid package.

How many other deferred peeps be checking CYMS daily? Lol the neuroticism is kicking in

Members don't see this ad :)
How many other deferred peeps be checking CYMS daily? Lol the neuroticism is kicking in
lol I wish I had a CYMS to check haha. Spamming VITALS refresh an unhealthy amount tho

lol I wish I had a CYMS to check haha. Spamming VITALS refresh an unhealthy amount tho
If you want to really start freaking out check out the Ohio State threads from past years, some poor deferred souls got ghosted all summer :(

If you want to really start freaking out check out the Ohio State threads from past years, some poor deferred souls got ghosted all summer :(
yeah ik it keeps me up at night lol. That and my interviewers telling me they didn’t read my app 💀

• Sad
Did anyone else get a "Scholarship" email? It said I would be awarded "scholarship funds" based on academic merit but didn't specify an amount. Not sure if this is referring to general student loans I will be awarded or something like a half-ride potentially?

Did anyone else get a "Scholarship" email? It said I would be awarded "scholarship funds" based on academic merit but didn't specify an amount. Not sure if this is referring to general student loans I will be awarded or something like a half-ride potentially?
I got one last week and you'll be contacted within the next 1-2 days with the exact scholarship amount. It's not referring to general loans and it's a scholarship that will cover some amount of your total COA

I got one last week and you'll be contacted within the next 1-2 days with the exact scholarship amount. It's not referring to general loans and it's a scholarship that will cover some amount of your total COA
Awesome, thanks for letting me know!

Just withdrew an A. Hoping for the best for those who are still waiting to hear back!

Reactions: 6 users
Apparently the waitlist is not ranked. Does anyone know how they decide the order on who to take off the waitlist and when?

Withdrew my OOS A! This one was hardest to let go:cryi: Good luck everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
were you contacted through email or phone call?

gotcha ty - definitely a lot more than the previous years :/
Keep in mind there are another 15 students this year because they added a community medicine track. There also might be a few people holding onto As past the May 1st deadline because of the FAFSA issue. I agree it doesn't look great but we will probably see a bit of movement.
Any WL movement or A's recently? Or anybody leaving the GroupMe?
Last year I don't think there was any WL movement prior to graduation/hooding, which is today. I would guess we won't see anything until next week.

I had to sadly drop my A here :cryi:. I hope one of you guys can enjoy it instead :)

Reactions: 3 users
gotcha ty - definitely a lot more than the previous years :/
I wouldn't be too worried, I think it's still early and I'm guessing the WL movement will be similar to previous years. OSU moved the PTE deadline to 5/10 which probably delays the WL movement a little and roughly 20-25 students already left the GroupMe so I wouldn't lose hope :)

Reactions: 4 users
I wouldn't be too worried, I think it's still early and I'm guessing the WL movement will be similar to previous years. OSU moved the PTE deadline to 5/10 which probably delays the WL movement a little and roughly 20-25 students already left the GroupMe so I wouldn't lose hope :)
I wonder how much the extended PTE deadline will affect WL movement considering most of the schools I have heard about have kept the normal deadline

Got an email for deferred students,

"I would like to provide you with a communication that simply conveys the message “we see you.” I understand that being deferred can be unsettling and unfortunately there have been delays in the FAFSA which has prolonged our ability to offer acceptance from the deferred list. At this time, it is difficult to predict if and when movement will occur so we thank you for your patience."

Stressed :(

• Sad
I got this email too, makes me sad :'(
Got an email for deferred students,

"I would like to provide you with a communication that simply conveys the message “we see you.” I understand that being deferred can be unsettling and unfortunately there have been delays in the FAFSA which has prolonged our ability to offer acceptance from the deferred list. At this time, it is difficult to predict if and when movement will occur so we thank you for your patience."

Stressed :(

Is the PTE deadline for OSU still 5/10 or have they pushed that back?
Pretty sure it's still 5/10 since we haven't received any more emails but I can keep you guys updated if we hear anything else

just withdrew my A as well! hard to let go of but wishing the best of luck to everyone waiting :)

Reactions: 5 users
How are fellow deferred ppl doing this week? Anxiety is at an all-time high on my end lol

How are fellow deferred ppl doing this week? Anxiety is at an all-time high on my end lol
yea same - I just want to know if there's been like ANY movement yet. it seems like this the only school where no ones saying anything lol

Reactions: 2 users
+1, the admissions webpage says that we'll have two days to respond to offers made between May 15 - June 30 this cycle so Wednesday may be the beginning of waitlist movement

Reactions: 2 users