Zithromac!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SpirivaSunrise

Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I'm a self-admitted pharmacy dork.

My parents live in Tokyo now and brought a bunch of things back home for the holidays. But of course, this had to be by far my favorite...it's Japanese Azithromycin! (Looks like a Tri-Pak?)

Thought I'd share with all you other fellow pharmacy geeks! ;)

zpak1cz7.jpg

zpak2ia8.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I can read kanji. It's same as Chinese. I still can't understand all the directions written on "Zithromac" (it should be funnier if it was called zithromaca...hehe) . I'm missing the other two syllabic scripts: Hiragana and Katakana

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
hmmm.. do you look like your avatar??

So, I'm a self-admitted pharmacy dork.

My parents live in Tokyo now and brought a bunch of things back home for the holidays. But of course, this had to be by far my favorite...it's Japanese Azithromycin! (Looks like a Tri-Pak?)

Thought I'd share with all you other fellow pharmacy geeks! ;)

zpak1cz7.jpg

zpak2ia8.jpg

I can read kanji. It's same as Chinese. I still can't understand all the directions written on "Zithromac" (it should be funnier if it was called zithromaca...hehe) . I'm missing the other two syllabic scripts: Hiragana and Katakana

What are they saying on the bottom right after taking the tabs...about going to the pharmacy or hospital?

What are they saying on the bottom right after taking the tabs...about going to the pharmacy or hospital?

I'm not 100% sure but I think the bottom right refers the patient to speak to (xiang tan = to converse with) his or her doctor(yi shi), dentists(ya ke yi shi), and pharmacists (yao ji shi) if the patient has any questions regarding his or her medication.

While I'm at it. The top left says to take the medication within a span of three days and the effect of the medication should work in 7 days.

someone correct me if I'm wrong.

SpirivaSunrise, does your parents read Japanese? Maybe they might know the answer to your question. I can read Chinese at a second grade level. Good enough to get by on reading a Chinese newspaper and make out the meanings to a few kanji characters.

Last edited:
I've said this many times in my life and will continue to do so:

lol, Japan.

I'm not 100% sure but I think the bottom right refers the patient to speak to (xiang dan = to converse with) his or her doctor(yi shi), dentists(ya ke yi shi), and pharmacists (yao ji shi) if the patient has any questions regarding his or her medication.

While I'm at it. The top left says to take the medication within a span of three days and the effect of the medication should work in 7 days.

someone correct me if I'm wrong.

SpirivaSunrise, does your parents read Japanese? Maybe they might know the answer to your question. I can read Chinese at a second grade level. Good enough to get by on reading a Chinese newspaper and make out the meanings to a few kanji characters.

No, they don't speak/read it as they've only been there a few months.

Sounds like you'd get by pretty well though!

I originally thought it was a Z-Pak with the 6 x 250 mg tabs. But it definitely looks like the 3-day course. (FYI, azithromycin remains bacteriostatic much longer than that, which is what they're illustrating).

Members don't see this ad :)
No, they don't speak/read it as they've only been there a few months.

Sounds like you'd get by pretty well though!

I originally thought it was a Z-Pak with the 6 x 250 mg tabs. But it definitely looks like the 3-day course. (FYI, azithromycin remains bacteriostatic much longer than that, which is what they're illustrating).

Thank you but I still have so much to learn. I hope to learn to write proficiently in Chinese in the near future.

Regarding Z-pak and Tri-pak, are you saying azithromycin generally remains bacteriostatic (or to limit the growth of bacteria) longer than 3 days?

I really need to get into pharmacy school so I can easily comprehend the specifics discussed in the pharmacy threads. For now, I'll just google it and ask questions. one step at a time. :)

Thank you but I still have so much to learn. I hope to learn to write proficiently in Chinese in the near future.

Regarding Z-pak and Tri-pak, are you saying azithromycin generally remains bacteriostatic (or to limit the growth of bacteria) longer than 3 days?

I really need to get into pharmacy school so I can easily comprehend the specifics discussed in the pharmacy threads. For now, I'll just google it and ask questions. one step at a time. :)

The half life of that junk is like 5 million years or something...

The half life of that junk is like 5 million years or something...

Half life of azithromycin is 5 million years? wow

You're kidding, right? (sorry I'm very gullible)

Not trying to get too technical on ya but I just googled the topic. It says the half life of azithromycin is 68 hours or a little over two days. no?

Bottom right area basically says that if you go to another pharmacy or hospital to share the fact that you are taking "Zithromac," and to see your doctor, dentist, or pharmacist if you don't feel better in 4 days, have side effects, or have any questions.

Haha! Who doesn't have symmetrical eyebrows?

Looks like I'm not the only who've fallen for her... I mean her avatar! :laugh:

'SpirivaSunrise' tickles me. :love:

I love smart women!
To answer her ?ion from another thread: Right now I want my other half to be a pharmacist! Hint hint... Nuclear pharmacist! :xf:

Oh! And we both love the Gators!

Heh..look what I found. :smuggrin:

How to Shape Eyebrows Associate Beauty Editor SpirivaSunrise: MSN Lifestyle

While it's not the first thing people notice, the shape of your eyebrows can enhance your appearance by flattering your facial shape, balancing your features, and framing your eyes. If you have thick, full eyebrows, you might need to tweeze them; if you have thin, small eyebrows, you may need to fill them in with a pencil. Either way, here is how to find a shape that's flattering to any face.

1. Look at your face in a mirror. Remove all eye makeup.

2. Hold a straight edge, such as an eyebrow pencil or a ruler, vertically in front of your face. Line it up so that it touches the outermost of your nose and the inside of your eye. This line will determine where your eyebrow should start. Mark that spot with an eyebrow pencil. Repeat for the other eye.

3. Angle the straight edge so that it lines up with the outermost edge of your nose and the outermost edge of your iris. It's very important that you look straight ahead--both your face and your eyes should be looking directly forward at the mirror. Wherever the line intersects your eyebrow is where the peak of your arch should begin at the top border of the eyebrow. Mark that spot with your eyebrow pencil. Repeat for the other eye.

4. Angle the straight edge further so that it touches the outermost edge of your nose and also passes along the outermost edge of your eye (not your eyelashes, if you have long ones that extend beyond the edge of your eye, you lucky thing). This tells you where the eyebrow should end. Mark this point with your eyebrow pencil. Repeat with the other eye.
  5. http://www.wikihow.com/Image:Thick_eyebrows_200.jpg
    Determine the thickness of your eyebrows based on the strength of your features. Those with thick hair and strong features should have thick eyebrows to match. If you have delicate features, go for thin, delicate eyebrows.[1] Balance is key. Delicate eyebrows on a face with strong features will make those features seem too big, while thick eyebrows on a face with small features will overpower the face.

• This can be overruled, however, by cultural preferences. Some cultures favor the look of skinny, well-groomed eyebrows, while other cultures associate thick eyebrows with youth.
  6. Tailor the thickness and shape of your eyebrows to correspond with your face shape:

• Round face, emphasized arch

round face - emphasize the arch to draw attention away from the width of your face[2]

• Long face, horizontal eyebrows

long face - make your eyebrows flatter and do not emphasize the arch; this gives your face a horizontal dimension to compensate for its length[2]
    • angular face - rounder eyebrows will soften the sharp angles[2]
  7. Tweeze your eyebrows or fill them in.

What about you? Rocking the skinny pink look with long lanky tail lately? I hear that's in this winter...

Or are you still stuck in the one eye larger than the other, bouncing strigiformes-look? Because that's soooo last year....

How could I forget the hat! In that case, I know exactly who I'll be looking for...

golferky1.png

How quickly you forget.

Here's your Christmas riddle for the day (it's an easy one; I'm lying by the pool solving the ones in the paper...I liked this one):

A beautiful box of holiday candy costs $20. If the box is valued at $19 more than the candy, what is the candy worth?

Posted via Mobile BlackBerry Device

Last edited:
Here's your Christmas riddle for the day (it's an easy one; I'm lying by the pool solving the ones in the paper...I liked this one):

A beautiful box of holiday candy costs $20. If the box is valued at $19 more than the candy, what is the candy worth?

Posted via Mobile BlackBerry Device

That's not a riddle. It's simple algebra.

X + Y = 20

X = Y + 19

(Y + 19) + Y = 20

2Y = 20 - 19

2Y = 1

Y = 0.5

X = 20 - 0.5 = 19.5

Riddle is something like this.

2 mothers and 2 daughters go out to eat and everyone eats a burger. But on the bill, only 3 burgers are charged. Why.. very simple yet this is a riddle.

Riddle is something like this.

2 mothers and 2 daughters go out to eat and everyone eats a burger. But on the bill, only 3 burgers are charged. Why.. very simple yet this is a riddle.

Because there are only 3 people -- a grandmother (who is a mother), her daughter (who is a daughter and a mother), and her daughter.

Because there are only 3 people -- a grandmother (who is a mother), her daughter (who is a daughter and a mother), and her daughter.

Oh yeah??? Ok then.. 2 fathers and 2 sons go out to eat...... :smuggrin:

Or what weighs more...5kg of cotton or 5kg of steel?:smuggrin:

That's not a riddle. It's simple algebra.

X + Y = 20

X = Y + 19

(Y + 19) + Y = 20

2Y = 20 - 19

2Y = 1

Y = 0.5

X = 20 - 0.5 = 19.5

Whateverrrrr...they called it a riddle in the paper. Just consider it a test to make sure you're not too old and senile to do 6th grade math then. ;)

And sounds like you should still be able to keep track of your golf score...

Man, you guys have mad threadjacking skillz...:laugh:

Merry Christmas, by the way.

Whateverrrrr...they called it a riddle in the paper. Just consider it a test to make sure you're not too old and senile to do 6th grade math then. ;)

And sounds like you should still be able to keep track of your golf score...

Don't you worry about my golf score!

So you live in tejas?

I golf often in Arkansas.. lots of trees and hills.