Ziehm 5000

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctodd

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i just got a lead on a model year 2002 C-arm....ziehm 5000....anyone know of any pros/cons on this machine?

thx....really need the help cuz opening day is a couple of weeks away and i need a c-arm.

T

Members don't see this ad.

this is prob. of no use, but I just worked on a ziehm 7000 and was very impressed, even though it is an older unit. ziehm seems to be a solid company!?

yes....my mistake...it is a ziehm 7000. Im looking at getting one and would appreciate any comments.

T

Members don't see this ad :)
yes....my mistake...it is a ziehm 7000. Im looking at getting one and would appreciate any comments.

T

The 7000 was VERY quiet. Image quality was at least as good as an OEC 9800. Collimators where smooth and easy to adjust. C-arm itself was well balanced and seemed to stay put without needing to use locking mechanisms, however a tech operated the c arm during procedures. True lateral looked easily possible though I can't remember specifics.

Software interface was a little slower than the 9800. Menu driven. No touch screen.

Image processing was limited. This unit did not have DSA.

Overall for an older machine I really liked it. Very quiet 10/10, well balanced 8/10, nice image quality 7/10 . Would buy it as discount machine.

Owner was very happy with reliability over at least 3 years of use.

We had an Exposcop 7000 in fellowship. It was reliable, very fast, well balanced and easy to position as Ligament has described. Very nice if you position the C-arm yourself.

Image quality was far inferior to the newer hirez machines though. I think that 7000 was ~ 500 lines analog. A side by side comparison with a GE 9900 was striking.

The same machine with 1k digital rez would be great.