Zero intuition on AAMC Verbal

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

unsung

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Apparently I have zero 6th sense ability to tell how well I do on verbal. On AAMC #3 I got a 12, then on AAMC #5 I got a 9. That's a difference of 7 Qs! Actually I came out of that section feeling better on #5 than I did on #3. So, I really don't understand this at all. I mean, if I can't even trust my "radar" of how well I did, how am I supposed to improve?

Members don't see this ad.

Apparently I have zero 6th sense ability to tell how well I do on verbal. On AAMC #3 I got a 12, then on AAMC #5 I got a 9. That's a difference of 7 Qs! Actually I came out of that section feeling better on #5 than I did on #3. So, I really don't understand this at all. I mean, if I can't even trust my "radar" of how well I did, how am I supposed to improve?

AAMC #5 seems to be regarded as the hardest of the exams. It's quite possible to score 33-35 on AAMC #3 and barely crack a 30 on AAMC #5

Hahahahah, I am the same way, when I feel I do terrible on verbal I actually do best. Just learn all of the techniques, read some helpful SDN posts, apply what you learn and keep practicing. Whether you feel you did good is not important, whether you DO well is what's important.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't worry Unsung, you definitely are not alone in missing a 6th sense about your MCAT score. Just focus on doing well on the verbal passage in front of you and let the score deal with itself.

Omg. After that 9 I was so distraught, today I took #7 and got a 15 on verbal! 1 Q wrong. Geez, I was so floored... and didn't feel that good coming out of verbal at ALL. Thanks for the encouragement guys! I swear it feels so random.

I wish I had your skills in verbal lol. I'm floored right now because I managed a 15 BS and 14 BS on AAMC #9, but only got a 9 in verbal, ran out of time :(