Zeke Emmanuel stirs the pot (again)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
I love all these 'alternative' scales people come up with to justify that even though they are not as intelligent/hard-working (as evidenced by MCAT/board scores/grades/etc.), they should still be accepted into medicine.

Reactions: 1 user
That's the correct answer!

Maybe Dr Peterson would like to respond to Dr Emmanuel, goodness knows he doesn't shy away from controversy. I doubt that JAMA would publish however since Zeke's wisdom CANNOT be questioned.

I know a major national player who has tried to write an article for the NEJM, as its opinion pieces are skewed way left, will not accept any dissent. This is sad, because we all need to work together, or else we all lose.

Jordan Peterson has tried to reach out to Banaji and Greenwald (IAT inventors) without any success. I doubt Dr. Emmanuel would accept any vigorous challenge. NEJM, JAMA, and Drs. Banaji, Greenwald, and Emmanuel have nothing to gain from being challenged. They have all the power, why would they want to share? You, Chatreuse Wombat, want dialogue and to be challenged, but that sentiment is not being shared on a major level, to the detriment of our country. I can only do my part an listen respectively to those I disagree with, but it is hard when it is not reciprocated...

I love all these 'alternative' scales people come up with to justify that even though they are not as intelligent/hard-working (as evidenced by MCAT/board scores/grades/etc.), they should still be accepted into medicine.
At the same time, that is not necessarily enough to successfully become a good rad onc/physician. It may not be readily quantifiable, but certain personalities do better in this field than others