Yuck, the MCAT too?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SJonathan

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that there is a very similar thread about AACOMAS and how slow they are with transcripts, but can anyone calm my fears about my MCAT scores getting there?? According to the MCAT releasing program (MCAT THx), it says that my scores were submitted to AACOMAS on June 30th. But AACOMAS has no scores at all. Is this common? Has it happened to anyone else??? Panic! Panic!

Members don't see this ad.

I know that there is a very similar thread about AACOMAS and how slow they are with transcripts, but can anyone calm my fears about my MCAT scores getting there?? According to the MCAT releasing program (MCAT THx), it says that my scores were submitted to AACOMAS on June 30th. But AACOMAS has no scores at all. Is this common? Has it happened to anyone else??? Panic! Panic!

It usually takes a week for aacomas to get it from the aamc

I had that happen to me, so I emailed AACOMAS to make sure that everything was ok, and they said that they were unable to download my scores because there was a discrepancy with my SSN. It turned out that MCAT had my SSN wrong by 1 digit. Once I got that fixed, I re-released my scores and it only took 3 or 4 business days.

Members don't see this ad :)
Double check your SSN on AMCAS. Mine was (I have no idea why) listed as 999-99-9999 with AMCAS so AACOMAS couldn't match it with my application. I had to get that sorted out with AMCAS by faxing a copy of my SS card to them.

Double check your SSN on AMCAS. Mine was (I have no idea why) listed as 999-99-9999 with AMCAS so AACOMAS couldn't match it with my application. I had to get that sorted out with AMCAS by faxing a copy of my SS card to them.

Ditto. I had to send them a notarized copy of my driver's license and social security card to fix the problem.

really! I just called them and fixed over the phone immediately

Ditto. I had to send them a notarized copy of my driver's license and social security card to fix the problem.

really! I just called them and fixed over the phone immediately

I kid you not. And it was a giant pain the rear especially when everytime I tried to fax it the line was busy so I ended up just mailing it in. Maybe it depends on the AACOM person you talk to but I know several of us last year went through the same thing.