yuck..demoralizing day with an EK full length

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bella_dottoressa

make it happen
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! Hope everyone's studying is going well as we enter the final stretch here. :) So I've been doing ok with the aamc tests....

aamc 4 - 9 P, 11 V, 11 B
aamc 5 - 10 P, 9 V, 11 B (damn picasso on the verbal :) )
aamc 6 - 9 P, 12 V, 10 B

And then I took EK 2f today...
7 P, 9 V, 10 B

How demoralizing!! Is there any firm consensus that EK tests are harder/not representative in comparison to aamc tests? This was just a severe confidence destroyer with so little time til the real deal.

Members don't see this ad.

I took EK 1e sometimes ago and got a 28. Around the same time I took 5R and got a 33. So yeah, it's definitely harder.

speaking of EK, I'm using the EK complete review set and in the beginning of each book, they say not to freak out if you do poorly on the 30 minute exams at the end of each book, because they are meant to be extremely difficult, blah, blah. Has anybody found this to be true- that the questions are much harder than the real MCAT? Because I am absolutely sucking at those, and it is not making me feel good about taking the f'in monster in 2 and a half weeks!!!!