Your workload

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LADoc00

Gen X, the last great generation
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am getting fricking pimp slapped. Okieesss. All I see is shades of pink and blue at the moment.

I signed out 600 pieces of glass just on Monday, which is a personal record. Now I am on mark to do a insane 80+ bone marrows (just reading not actually doing the biopsy) this week, there is no way any single med center in the US save for MD Anderson can throw around those numbers.

Now am I just a ***** or is that a crapload of work? Seriously, how many does your hemepath group do in a day?

Members don't see this ad.

jimmy4legs2.gif

you're a puh-puh-p-*****. a big stinky puh-puhp-*****.

Members don't see this ad :)
LADoc00 said:
Now am I just a ***** or is that a crapload of work? Seriously, how many does your hemepath group do in a day?
My personal record is 18 marrows in one day (and about 60 that week). Bad week.

I had a question for all you marrow readers. Do the Hem/Onc docs ever come by and look at the slides with you? I worked for a peds hem/onc guy that would routinely go down to path and look at the slides.

RyMcQ said:
My personal record is 18 marrows in one day (and about 60 that week). Bad week.

I could not sustain this pace for longer than 2 weeks, its frickin WEDNESDAY and Im burnt out as hell, I went to the TM/BB division yesterday and cried into my chicken salad when I saw they were taking a 2 hour lunch outside. Im now ordering immunos on all myelomas/lymphomas/metastatics regardless of what I see to give me some procrastination time...realizing that just makes tommorrow's load that much more heavy but oh well.

As for if clinician's coming down to look at BMs with me, dude Im not in the mood, they better not. I erected a pseudo make shift blockade in my hallway this morning to discourage heme techs from bringin inane ?s to me in addition to layering my office entrance in banker boxes, Im fully dug in.

LADoc00 said:
I could not sustain this pace for longer than 2 weeks, its frickin WEDNESDAY and Im burnt out as hell, I went to the TM/BB division yesterday and cried into my chicken salad when I saw they were taking a 2 hour lunch outside. Im now ordering immunos on all myelomas/lymphomas/metastatics regardless of what I see to give me some procrastination time...realizing that just makes tommorrow's load that much more heavy but oh well.

As for if clinician's coming down to look at BMs with me, dude Im not in the mood, they better not. I erected a pseudo make shift blockade in my hallway this morning to discourage heme techs from bringin inane ?s to me in addition to layering my office entrance in banker boxes, Im fully dug in.
*hugs*

STRASBOURG, France - The European Parliament voted Wednesday in favor of an obligatory 48-hour maximum work week, saying that an opt-out widely used by Britain should be scrapped.

The opt-out, which allows employees to work longer hours if agreed with the employer, has also been applied to specific industries like health care in other countries, including Germany and Luxembourg.

Breaks out passport and English-German dictionary...who's going with me?

We could start a Luxemborg pathology empire!

deschutes said:
Kiddo, if we have difficulty sticking to an 80-hour work week in residency, what makes you think a 48-hour work week can possibly fly? ;)

If you hire more people it will work out just fine.

LADoc00 said:
Breaks out passport and English-German dictionary...who's going with me?

We could start a Luxemborg pathology empire!
fast forward 3 months...

***NEWS FLASH***

LADoc00 makes millions on a top selling German scheizer video called "Schindler's Fist."