Your thoughts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pojman

Level 99 Alchemist
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So... I have been reading a thread here and there that has brought on a slight concern.

I have a 3.9 GPA. I literally have all A's (even a couple A+'s), and just one B+ in gen chem I.

I currently only have my organic chemistry prerequisites left, which I am taking next semester.

My concern is this... Every semester I take between 12-14 credits. I have 2 children, and a part time job, and an extremely high maintenance wife to boot!! I kept my course load slightly light in order to offset my other time commitments.

Does "course load" have a large weighting when considering applicants? I do not want to be denied simply because I was strategic in my time commitments.

Let me know any experiences you guys have had with this.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

With your stats....NO. As long as you can write and communicate, I'd bet $1000 you'll get in. Good luck!

You should ask whoever is coordinating admissions of schools you want to apply to. Our school doesn't like to see people taking under 15-16 hours because in pharmacy school you'll be taking 17-18 every semester. With your grades I don't think it will matter much though.

Members don't see this ad :)
It will vary by school. Some schools prefer you to take no less than 14 hrs per semester unless you have other obligations on the side. Talk to the AdCom of the schools you are interested in for more accurate answers.

As long as you address the concerns you should be fine, but as Delano said, contacting the school is your best bet for anything.