your thoughts on my score/gpa and chances of getting in applying this late~

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

discolphie

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

Just took the DAT today. First some stuff about the test...

PAT is all jacked up.... I would definitely agree with a lot of the posters here that the angles are a bit tricky ...but the cubes man....AW CRAP... thats what really got to me because about 5 questions in, I realized what people meant by how they kinda look like triangles and throw you off. It definitely screwed up my timing because I start this section with T-F-E rather than the keyholes.

As for science, Bio is relatively straight forward, with like two questions overall that are just weird. One questions was just ******ed and I spent like the 15 remaining minutes I had left just looking at it. G-chem and O-chem both straightforward too... If you study all your stuff and do lots of practice problems, you should just breeze thru.

Ok.. the scores:

Bio- 25
G-chem- 21
O-chem- 25
PAT 17!!
Reading comp- 24
QR- 21

I was pretty disappointed with the PAT score because I was getting about 21 or so on Kaplan and Topscore so I wasn't too worried...but the real thing is definitely different from practice material.

GPA- 3.1 for both overall and science..

I was wondering what you guys think of my chances of getting in applying this late with these stats? That PAT bugs me but I hope its just enough. Was going to call some schools and see what thought.....thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations!
I think you did very well and I'm sorry you had to see those damned triangles :) I know how frustrating it is.
I think you're scores are great, the only concern it's that it is a little late.Did you send your application before taking the test?
Good luck to you!
Joanna

No Joanne...unfortunately not.... tried to send it in back in October actually..but I got caught up in all sorts of stuff..and when I had more time to...it was about two weeks before the exam..and I figured it was just best to focus on the DAt...=(

Well,try not to worry too much because there's anything you can do right now.Make sure you send everything out as soon as possible and try to relax.
Which school is your first choice?
I send my application on sept 8 and schools got it on 16th of October.On Nov 6 I took the dat, so on the 7th my application was actually complete.So, you can figure that if you send your application tomorrow it will take 3 to 4 weeks before schools get it. I know it's scary, but there's nothing you can do.I wish I took the test earlier...but that's the way it goes.
One more thing: you might hear that schools are all booked now, but after dec 1st they are going to send acceptance letters and as everyone has applied to at least 5 schools, they are probably going to be accepted to at least 3, so they would have to choose between schools which it's going to create more positions available-just a hopeful idea :)
Take care,
Jo

Members don't see this ad :)
congratulations!!!

your scores are awsome and eventhough you have applied late, with those scores i seriosuly doubt you not getting in.

i was laughing so hard when i read your DAT experience because i too ran across those triangle look and i couldn't believe i was stuck on the cubes. oh well, i am sure you are glad its all over now.

good luck and i really think you have nothing to worry about now!

discolphine,

what materials did you use to study?! your scores are awesome! fantastic job! :clap:

discolphie you'll def get in somewhere, maybe not the top schools but def somewhere. Don't worry.