Your own equiptment

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TucsonDDS

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How are your schools in letting you use your own dental equiptment that you purchase and bring in. Has anyone used an Isolite or brought in a electric handpeice instead of what the school provides? Would your school even let you do this?

Members don't see this ad.

Schools would still make you buy whatever they use; mine allows it at least in pre-clinical; i have no idea after that.

Members don't see this ad :)
toofache32 said:
My skool made us by our own equiptment.

But were you free to buy whatever equiptment you wanted or did you have to go with there own kit? Could you choose what handpeice you used?

We rent equipment from the school each year. Each 1st and 2nd year has two drawers in our Sim Lab containing the necessary instruments for the lab courses. We have bought articulators, surveyors, and typodonts, that's the only equipment I own. We do not buy any instruments, unless we lose something from our Sim Lab drawers. But, if something breaks, it is replaced--using the rental fee in our tuition. In the clinic, we check out instruments from the dispensary. No purchase of equipment is required.