Your opinion: Rutgers Dental School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yedental

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I really want to hear more information about Rutgers Dental Program? Whats good or bad? I heard they had some scandals in last 5 years (UMDNJ).

Members don't see this ad.

As far as the scandals are concerned, there were issues at just about every level. Some students were cheating, by getting credit for clinical procedures they didn't actually perform. I know there was some sort of issue with medicaid getting billed twice for the same procedures, multiple times too. Oh, and a legislator illegally gave a bunch of state funds to the school.

The dental program seems nice though.

Reactions: 1 user
As far as the scandals are concerned, there were issues at just about every level. Some students were cheating, by getting credit for clinical procedures they didn't actually perform. I know there was some sort of issue with medicaid getting billed twice for the same procedures, multiple times too. Oh, and a legislator illegally gave a bunch of state funds to the school.

Thank you

Members don't see this ad :)

Wow. I also saw in an ADEA survey that about six students will have to repeat a year per class.

Its my state school. I heard different things about their program..I'm just trying to see if this program fits me. I heard that they have two clinics new and old. New is beautiful and have modern technologies; old has old equipment that don't work well. Your luck if u get into new clinic but if not... Deal with old equipment which dont work.. Any thoughts? Is it true ?

yeah i wouldnt recommend going to rutgers. pretty high crime rate and it' doesnt have the best facilities...wen i visited. plus the scandal doesnt help their reputation. the schools been dying slowly for the past 3 yrs