Your opinion on this bad breath solution.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eddie269

Still in shock...
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm from the pre-pharm forums and I read this tip from another website. It seems to make sense with my chemistry knowledge but I wanted some dental students opinion on it. Again, I didn't write this so please excuse the spelling....And it's a bit long...

This is what your need:

1.Tooth Brush and Tooth paste
2.Floss or Floss tape (I prefer using the flossing tape. Does a better job, and isn’t as hard on my gums)
3.Tongue Scraper (if you don’t have one, you can use your tooth brush for now).
4.Hydrogen Peroxide 3% solution (do not get higher then 3%)
5.Backing soda
6.Salt
7.Two clean glasses

You should perform the following Steps 1-5 twice a day. Once in the morning, and once at night (exception of Step 1, witch should only be done once a day) or before you go out.

Step 1: Floss
Try and do it once a day. If you can’t do it once a day, at least every second day.

Step 2: Brushing Your Teeth
Basic stuff. Most people here know how to brush there teeth. Leave no area unbrushed (except your tongue as we will discuss in step three)

Step 3: Tongue Cleaning
Most of the BB casing bacteria live on your tongue and at the back of your throat, so it is very important to make sure you clean your tongue thoroughly. You should pay particular attention to the back of your tongue.
There are two methods you can do this. One, is using a tongue scraper. Second way is simply use your tooth brush. What ever tongue scraper you use, use it gently, but firmly.
For this explanation, Ill assume you are using a tooth brush (though if you have a tongue scraper, use it in the same way). The reason you want to scrape the tongue is to get the mucous and other materials from the surface off your tongue, and to expose the BB bacteria for Step number four. The proper way to scrap your tongue if in a BACK TO FOWARD motion. Do not scrap from front to back. Take your tooth brush, go as far back on your tongue as you can without choking yourself, and gently, but firmly brush your tongue in a back to forward motion. About a dozen scrapes should be sufficient.
(Note: A tongue scraper will do a better job than your tooth brush. You should buy one as soon as you can. Many companies will claim that a tongue scraper in itself is enough to eliminate BB. Wrong! This is not the case.

Step 4: Bad Breath Killer
What you need is Hydrogen Peroxide (I’ll call it HP for now). HP or H2O2 is a liquid that is made up of two hydrogen atoms and two oxygen atoms. It looks just like water but has that extra oxygen molecule witch makes it a powerful oxidizer. You can buy it in many different concentration from 3% - 99%. You only want to use the 3%. Anything higher is to strong.

This is what you do. Get a clean glass with 1 part water. (for this example, I’ll use 25ml as one part water) Add salt to the water. (the salt is use as an abrasive) Add one part HP (25ml for this example) into the salty water mix. Take the solution, and simply gargle and swish it around your mouth for minimum of 1 minute. Two minutes is ideal though. Make sure you gargle well to get to your back of your throat where a lot of the BB bacteria grow. Then spit it out and rinse with plain water.

Step 5: Changing The Environment
Get some baking Soda. Baking soda is very alkaline (the opposite to acidic) and as such, will lower the acidity of your mouth, which will create an environment opposite of what BB bacteria thrive in.
Mix 3 parts backing soda with one part salt. Get a clean glass. Mix the backing soda/salt with one part water. Do the same as step four. Gargle and swish it around your mouth for at least one minute, two minutes is ideal.

Perform steps 1-5 twice a day, (except for flossing witch should be done once a day) or right before you go out. That’s it! Should only take about 5 min. One thing to remember, this is not a I’ll do it once, and my BB will be gone. The goal here is to change the environment of your mouth so BB bacteria can’t survive. It may take a few day’s, or if you have severe bad breath, it may take a week. But use it twice a day, everyday, and you WILL ELIMINATE your bad breath forever, and virtually eliminate any future cavities and gun disease.

Members don't see this ad.