Your opinion on Nova

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CantW8

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey I just got accepted to Nova and was wondering how everyone feels about this school (aside from the admissions staff!) Like curriculum, staff, environment, other students, etc. esp. if you are at Nova already or know anyone that is or was. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

lucky u.. itz a great school.
what other schools did u apply to? are you planning on going to NOVA for ur pharmacy?

yea i am, i just wasn't too fond of the interview (i had way better interview experiences at other schools) so that's why i'm a little skeptical.

Members don't see this ad :)
heheh same here.. I had like the worst interview ever.. I felt like crying BTW i had interview at west palm beach campus.. what about you?

The interview was so intense because they wanted to see how you performed under stress. At the end of my interview the professors that I talked with were very nice to me and answered all of my questions.

I would also like to hear some opinions on the program. I just sent in my $500 deposit and am 99.9% sure I am going to Nova. The only other school I am considering is the University of Pittsburgh but I will not hear from them until April. I wish I had more information on both schools.

The interview was so intense because they wanted to see how you performed under stress. At the end of my interview the professors that I talked with were very nice to me and answered all of my questions.

I would also like to hear some opinions on the program. I just sent in my $500 deposit and am 99.9% sure I am going to Nova. The only other school I am considering is the University of Pittsburgh but I will not hear from them until April. I wish I had more information on both schools.

Hey, blue, do you enclose the $500 in the self addressed envelope contained in the acceptance package? My acceptance package contained very few items, including a letter from the dean, from Marla Frohlinger concerning the payments, and packet of paperwork to prove Florida residency. Maybe I have forgotten, but I did not see exactly where to send the payment. Also, is it acceptable to pay in cash or money order instead of checks? Another thing I noticed is that I did not see any information regarding student loans and other sources of aid. I was expecting a lot more information and don't know how to proceed from here in regards to loans. I've been told to first fill out my Fafsa. Thanks for your help and I'll see you in the fall.

Yes, I put my check in the envelope and had it delivered to the address on the envelope via priority mail. They are supposed to give us more information after we send in the $500 and the other payment due in mid april. Also, I was told at my interview that during orientation we will attend a meeting concerning financial aid.

I am not sure if you can pay the deposit with a money order. You could pay someone (like a parent) $500 to write a check for you to pay the deposit.

Hey, blue, do you enclose the $500 in the self addressed envelope contained in the acceptance package? My acceptance package contained very few items, including a letter from the dean, from Marla Frohlinger concerning the payments, and packet of paperwork to prove Florida residency. Maybe I have forgotten, but I did not see exactly where to send the payment. Also, is it acceptable to pay in cash or money order instead of checks? Another thing I noticed is that I did not see any information regarding student loans and other sources of aid. I was expecting a lot more information and don't know how to proceed from here in regards to loans. I've been told to first fill out my Fafsa. Thanks for your help and I'll see you in the fall.

If you read one of the letters, it says something like: more information will follow. For now, you should only be worrying about sending your checks and filling out the FAFSA. Since it's gonna be a graduate degree, you only have to have your income tax info, but if you can/want you can include your parents info even if you're independent, 99 years old, etc etc cause there are some health professions loans with low interested but they require both income taxes in FAFSA. So just do those 2 things for now and worry about other stuff as we get informed of them ... now I wanna get my intern license for example :D

My interview was the same was as well. I felt like crying too but I figured they did that on purpose to see your reaction. From what I hear the program at Nova is very professional and the professors are great. I have only heard good things about the program itself. Looking forward to starting. So I am 100% sure I am going to nova unless of course something awful happens.