Your final 2006 Rank List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
1. Brown
2. Mt. Sinai
3. Penn
4. Christiana
5. Orlando
6. Temple
7. UConn
8. Eastern Virginia
9. Einstein
10. George Washington
11. Cooper
12. Maryland

Good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Here goes, I have a case presentation to finish and I can't stay on SDN all night.

#1 Resurrection
#2 Washington U
#3 UT Houston
#4 UT Southwestern
#5 LSU Baton Rouge
#6 Cook County EM
#7 Orlando EM
#8 Jacksonville EM
#9 Allegheny IM/EM
#10 Cook County rotating internship
#11 - 13 Chicago transitional years

There done and done. Good luck Everyone!

Best Wishes

The Mish

EF, FF and Corpsman, give up the illusion of control, nobody has it.

My list
1. Tech
2. everywhere else

Do I get the beer?

Members don't see this ad :)
1 1353110C0 Emergency Medicine
Barnes-Jewish Hosp-MO
2 1681110C0 Emergency Medicine
Palmetto Health Richland-SC
3 3057110C0 Emergency Medicine
Pitt County Mem Hosp/Brody Sch of Med
4 1800110C0 Emergency Medicine
Washington Hosp Ctr-DC
5 1725110C0 Emergency Medicine
Texas A&M-Scott & White
6 1824110C0 Emergency Medicine
U Florida Prog-Shands Hosp
7 1113110C0 Emergency Medicine
Emory Univ SOM-GA
8 1217110C0 Emergency Medicine
Univ Louisville SOM-KY
9 1252725C0 Pediatrics/Emerg Med
Univ Maryland Med Ctr
10 1937110C0 Emergency Medicine
Resurrection Med Ctr-IL
11 1252110C0 Emergency Medicine
Univ Maryland Med Ctr
12 1203110C0 Emergency Medicine
U Iowa Hosp/Clin-Iowa City
13 1737110C0 Emergency Medicine
University of Virginia

CS_22 said:
1 1353110C0 Emergency Medicine
Barnes-Jewish Hosp-MO
2 1681110C0 Emergency Medicine
Palmetto Health Richland-SC
3 3057110C0 Emergency Medicine
Pitt County Mem Hosp/Brody Sch of Med
4 1800110C0 Emergency Medicine
Washington Hosp Ctr-DC
5 1725110C0 Emergency Medicine
Texas A&M-Scott & White
6 1824110C0 Emergency Medicine
U Florida Prog-Shands Hosp
7 1113110C0 Emergency Medicine
Emory Univ SOM-GA
8 1217110C0 Emergency Medicine
Univ Louisville SOM-KY
9 1252725C0 Pediatrics/Emerg Med
Univ Maryland Med Ctr
10 1937110C0 Emergency Medicine
Resurrection Med Ctr-IL
11 1252110C0 Emergency Medicine
Univ Maryland Med Ctr
12 1203110C0 Emergency Medicine
U Iowa Hosp/Clin-Iowa City
13 1737110C0 Emergency Medicine
University of Virginia
hey putz...good luck to ya. it was good to see ya the other day.

kB

1) Advocate Christ
2) New Mexico
3) OHSU
4) Maine Med
5) Indy
6) Cincy
8) MCW
7) Case/Metro
8) Loma Linda
9) Hennepin
10) Regions

Here goes!

1- Carolinas Med Center
2- Harbor-UCLA
3- OHSU
4- Utah
5- New Mexico
6- Loma Linda
7- Maine
8- BID/HAEMR
9- Arizona
10-Stanford

BKN said:
EF, FF and Corpsman, give up the illusion of control, nobody has it.

My list
1. Tech
2. everywhere else

Do I get the beer?

hmm I see a tie for number one, looks like corps has to buy for both, thats my vote at least.

Christiana Care-DE
N Shore U-Manhasset-NY
Mayo Graduate SOM-MN
Case Western/MetroHealth Med Ctr-OH
University of Virginia
William Beaumont Hosp-MI
Ohio State Univ Med Ctr-OH
Grand Rapids Med Ed-MI
Summa Health/NEOUCOM-OH
WSU/Detroit Med Ctr-MI
Henry Ford HSC-MI
Sparrow Hospital-MI
WSU/Detroit Med Ctr-MI
St Lukes-Bethlehem-PA

What's funny is that this list looked much different yesterday.

Your rank order list was certified at 02/22/2006 08:44 PM for use in the NRMP Main Residency Match and is now on file with the NRMP. The listing of an applicant by a program on its certified rank order list or of a program by an applicant on the applicant's certified rank order list establishes a binding commitment to offer or to accept a position if a match results. Failure to honor that commitment may result in penalties as described in the NRMP's Violations Policy.

Question for the masses as to why I would wait until 16 minutes before the deadline:

1) Indecision
2) Idiocy
3) Trust in the integrity of some random server
4) Balls, just plain balls

1. Univ of Chicago Hosp-IL
2. Northwestern McGaw/NMH/VA-IL
3. Advocate Christ Med Ctr-IL
4. U Illinois COM-Chicago
5. Cook County-Stroger Hospital-IL A
6. U Michigan Hosps-Ann Arbor
7. WSU/Detroit Med Ctr-MI
8. Johns Hopkins Hosp-MD
9. Henry Ford HSC-MI

punkmd said:
Christiana Care-DE
N Shore U-Manhasset-NY
Mayo Graduate SOM-MN
Case Western/MetroHealth Med Ctr-OH
University of Virginia
William Beaumont Hosp-MI
Ohio State Univ Med Ctr-OH
Grand Rapids Med Ed-MI
Summa Health/NEOUCOM-OH
WSU/Detroit Med Ctr-MI
Henry Ford HSC-MI
Sparrow Hospital-MI
WSU/Detroit Med Ctr-MI
St Lukes-Bethlehem-PA

What's funny is that this list looked much different yesterday.

same with me, but I made myself a promise not to change it today, no matter what little thing I thought about. Kept myself busy by watching some x-files....oh and of course doing 4th year rotations stuff....

Here is the repost of my ROL. It has not changed a bit!

1-Harbor-UCLA
2-LAC+USC
3-UCLA/ Olive View
4-Highland
5-Stanford
6-Loma Linda
7-UCI

Good Luck Once Again! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Here's Mine:

1.Carolinas
2.Vanderbilt
3.Wake Forest
4.Indiana
5.Denver
6.University of North Carolina
7.University of Virginia
8.Johns Hopkins

punkmd said:
Your rank order list was certified at 02/22/2006 08:44 PM for use in the NRMP Main Residency Match and is now on file with the NRMP. The listing of an applicant by a program on its certified rank order list or of a program by an applicant on the applicant's certified rank order list establishes a binding commitment to offer or to accept a position if a match results. Failure to honor that commitment may result in penalties as described in the NRMP's Violations Policy.

Question for the masses as to why I would wait until 16 minutes before the deadline:

1) Indecision
2) Idiocy
3) Trust in the integrity of some random server
4) Balls, just plain balls
Balls just plain balls.
I say this cause it's the one of your options I want most to believe about myself. If it's true then mine are just a touch bigger.

Certified on: 02/22/2006 08:45 PM

colforbinMD said:
Balls just plain balls.
I say this cause it's the one of your options I want most to believe about myself. If it's true then mine are just a touch bigger.

Certified on: 02/22/2006 08:45 PM

dang it, i certified 2/21/06 like 3pm. no where near the big balls time.

Here is my list...
1. U of Arizona EM
2. U of Arizona EM/Peds
3. Harbor-UCLA
4. LAC+USC
6. Barnes-Jewish Hosp-MO
7. Orlando
8. Resurrection
9. Henry Ford HSC-MI

Now it is time to sit and wait!

Where is corpsman!?

Shoot I certified a week or so ago.. Didnt fee llike risking it.

EctopicFetus said:
Here is my list...
1. U of Arizona EM
2. U of Arizona EM/Peds
3. Harbor-UCLA
4. LAC+USC
6. Barnes-Jewish Hosp-MO
7. Orlando
8. Resurrection
9. Henry Ford HSC-MI

Now it is time to sit and wait!

Where is corpsman!?

he's probably pissed he's having to buy beers for two folks (both submitted at 9pm exactly.
by the way, we definitely have the other forums beat on this rank of list stuff. I actually think its is a nice thread to have, I mean i looked at the few years back ones just for fun while applying, not like it changed any application stuff or rank list, but was just calming to see people's lists, for some reason. IM board only has like 4 people that put up their lists haha, they need to do some catching up.

I wonder what 11-44 did .. I dont think anyone else had AZ as their #1.. melvin had it @ #2

1. University of Illinois
2. Advocate Christ
3. University of Chicago
4. Resurrection
5. Northwestern
6. University of Michigan
7. Washington University (St. Louis)
8. Indiana University
9. Medical College of Wisconsin
10. Cook County
11. MSU Kalamazoo
12. Grand Rapids

so rx.. looks like you want to come/stay in chicago :)

Lastly I know this is a small sampling but I dont think any 2 people have the same # 1 yet!

It's always nice to see your #1 be someone else's #12 :D

EctopicFetus said:
so rx.. looks like you want to come/stay in chicago :)

What could have possibly given you that idea? :cool:

1. Indianapolis- This place is a machine and functions on autopilot. They have incredible didactics and incredible leadership. I am an ex-military guy and I appreciate the ex-military presence in this institution. I also feel that there is little chance I will match here but I am shooting for the stars.

2. Mayo- Sorry FoughtFyr, I know you have been incredible in this process for all of us, and I appreciate it. It should say a lot that I placed Mayo 2nd out of so many incredible programs. I just wished there were more FoughtFyr's at Mayo. I didn't really meet any other Mayo residents that I felt like I would be great friends with like I did "H". But overall I would be thrilled to be at this place and it would be an honor. I agonized over the Mayo-Indy 1-2 order for weeks and finally came to closure last week. My wife finally gave me the go ahead even though she favored Mayo's location. PD here is incredible, and it truly is "Wonka's Factory"

3. Iowa- This will be a surprise for many when they read it. I really believe in this place and think it has some great leaders and residents. Its a great institution and will be heard from a great deal more in the future. I would like to be a part of that if I end up here.

4. Case Western/Metrohealth/Cleveland Clinic- This was another that I agonized about placing in the number 1 or 2 spot for many weeks. I loved this place and all it had to offer. It had the nicest ED and some of the coolest residents around. MikeCWRU is going to be an attending there and I would find it an honor to learn from him...and his humor :)

5. U-Pitt- A great place with the incredible "Jeep" experience. I thought they worked a bit too hard at 21 shifts plus a flight and jee shift added in for a 3rd year resident. They work their butts off but its a great city and a well established program. The people were great as well.

6. U Illinois Peoria- loved the PD, and the redidents. I hate to say it but the only thing that kept me from ranking this place number 1 or 2 was the fact that their facilities felt like a dungeon with nicotine stained walls from the 60's. I truly believe their quality of training and history makes them as good a program as any on my list. I even liked Peoria but my wife's vote was to keep it in the middle of the list because she doesn't care for Peoria as much as I did. Marc Squillante DO the program director is a class act, and if I end up here I'll still be happy as hell.

7. Geisinger Medical Center- Wow, another great program like Peoria. I thought very highly of their PD but ultimately I chose not to rank it higher because my wife decided she did not want to go back home. She is from 20 minutes north and her mother died a few years ago...and its still sad when she goes home. We thought going home would be good for her but it was the opposite. I think this program merely suffers from being in the middle of Pa. To me its an ideal place. I loved the location better than any on my list in terms of beauty and outdoor activities. I would still be happy to end up there for sure.

8. Ohio State- Great place with awesome facilities and an incredible university. The best Peds training around I am certain. I just never really had that "feeling"about it that I was hoping to get from it. They have incredible faculty and residents though and it was just my personality that was not perfect for OSU. But I still would be happy there I am sure, like any place I am ranking. Their residents replied to my emails every time which is way more than I can say for some programs even above this one.

9. Scott and White- Sorry Jeff, it had nothing to do with you or your residents. I just didn't fit in here...good old Texans mostly and I have been gone from Texas too many years to feel like a Texan any longer. I think this is the best program in Texas though because of its medical center. This place reminded me of a mini Mayo. All services get along and its a fun work environment. Ultimately though I ranked all my programs with 12 hour shifts near the bottom. I have a pretty bad injury from an old military stent and it makes it tough for me to be up on my feet more than 9-10 hours. I could do it but I figured why when I had so many non-12 hour programs to choose from. Honestly this place would have been 3rd on my list had it had rotating 10 hour shifts or less.

10. Texas Tech- Well BKN, this ranking is no reflection of how I felt about your program and unfortunately is all about my wife. She is a northern girl and her trip to El Paso on my second look ended up being the reason she trumped my ranking you higher. Your residents were great and your faculty were very down to earth. This was a laid back place and I totally loved El Paso. I came home from this interview thinking I had found my oasis in the desert but I had to keep my wife happy too. Plus, the 12 hour shifts were hard for me to swallow. Had my wife allowed it, and had there been shorter shifts, this would have been my number 1.

11. Hershey-PennState - Great med center but expensive living just for chocolate!! People were nice, and area was gorgeous like Danville. Just didn't fit there all that well I didn't feel.

12. Christ- This was undoubtedly my most disappointing low ranking, meaning I wanted it way in the top 3. I called my wife from here and told her I had found my new number 1. We both love Chicago, but when she went with me for a weekend she found Oak Lawn to be way overpriced and somewhat blue collar/industrial. We couldn't afford to live there with kids and still have the kind of house we wanted. Dr.Harwood and his crew are as good as they come. This was eventually one of my wife's trump cards and she refused to live there. She'd kill me if she knew I even ranked it above anything except Phoenix which she hated worse than Oak Lawn. Christ has an incredible place, and I simply loved it. If I were single I would be there...at least wish to be there!!

13. Duke- I really don't have anything much to say here...just wasn't my best experience.

14. LSU-Baton Rouge- Truthfully I felt at home here with everyone but the PD. Their interim PD was the real PD's wife because the PD was sent to Iraq....again! Leadership thus seemed a bit out of tune. I liked their residents a great deal and I felt like I would enjoy it there. Again the 12 hour shift issue...and the overcrowding from Katrina were both strikes against it for me. Good old Chevy Truck with the dent in the bumper is how someone described it...I now agree completely. It'll be running forever with the Earl as their main hospital!!

15. Maricopa- and probably my biggest surprise for those who read my list. I just found this place to be too county feeling for me. It looked just like my home hospital and I wanted more of a variety and a place where I didn't feel like I needed to take a shower right when I got home. Their PD and their chair are both phenomenol EM docs and I liked this place more than a ranking of 15. My wife just hated Phoenix....not really a desert girl. It would have made my top 5-6 if she had liked it. Its truly a great place for trauma!!!

corpsmanUP said:
1. Indianapolis- This place is a machine and functions on autopilot. They have incredible didactics and incredible leadership. I am an ex-military guy and I appreciate the ex-military presence in this institution. I also feel that there is little chance I will match here but I am shooting for the stars.

2. Mayo- Sorry FoughtFyr, I know you have been incredible in this process for all of us, and I appreciate it. It should say a lot that I placed Mayo 2nd out of so many incredible programs. I just wished there were more FoughtFyr's at Mayo. I didn't really meet any other Mayo residents that I felt like I would be great friends with like I did "H". But overall I would be thrilled to be at this place and it would be an honor. I agonized over the Mayo-Indy 1-2 order for weeks and finally came to closure last week. My wife finally gave me the go ahead even though she favored Mayo's location. PD here is incredible, and it truly is "Wonka's Factory"

3. Iowa- This will be a surprise for many when they read it. I really believe in this place and think it has some great leaders and residents. Its a great institution and will be heard from a great deal more in the future. I would like to be a part of that if I end up here.

4. Case Western/Metrohealth/Cleveland Clinic- This was another that I agonized about placing in the number 1 or 2 spot for many weeks. I loved this place and all it had to offer. It had the nicest ED and some of the coolest residents around. MikeCWRU is going to be an attending there and I would find it an honor to learn from him...and his humor :)

5. U-Pitt- A great place with the incredible "Jeep" experience. I thought they worked a bit too hard at 21 shifts plus a flight and jee shift added in for a 3rd year resident. They work their butts off but its a great city and a well established program. The people were great as well.

6. U Illinois Peoria- loved the PD, and the redidents. I hate to say it but the only thing that kept me from ranking this place number 1 or 2 was the fact that their facilities felt like a dungeon with nicotine stained walls from the 60's. I truly believe their quality of training and history makes them as good a program as any on my list. I even liked Peoria but my wife's vote was to keep it in the middle of the list because she doesn't care for Peoria as much as I did. Marc Squillante DO the program director is a class act, and if I end up here I'll still be happy as hell.

7. Geisinger Medical Center- Wow, another great program like Peoria. I thought very highly of their PD but ultimately I chose not to rank it higher because my wife decided she did not want to go back home. She is from 20 minutes north and her mother died a few years ago...and its still sad when she goes home. We thought going home would be good for her but it was the opposite. I think this program merely suffers from being in the middle of Pa. To me its an ideal place. I loved the location better than any on my list in terms of beauty and outdoor activities. I would still be happy to end up there for sure.

8. Ohio State- Great place with awesome facilities and an incredible university. The best Peds training around I am certain. I just never really had that "feeling"about it that I was hoping to get from it. They have incredible faculty and residents though and it was just my personality that was not perfect for OSU. But I still would be happy there I am sure, like any place I am ranking. Their residents replied to my emails every time which is way more than I can say for some programs even above this one.

9. Scott and White- Sorry Jeff, it had nothing to do with you or your residents. I just didn't fit in here...good old Texans mostly and I have been gone from Texas too many years to feel like a Texan any longer. I think this is the best program in Texas though because of its medical center. This place reminded me of a mini Mayo. All services get along and its a fun work environment. Ultimately though I ranked all my programs with 12 hour shifts near the bottom. I have a pretty bad injury from an old military stent and it makes it tough for me to be up on my feet more than 9-10 hours. I could do it but I figured why when I had so many non-12 hour programs to choose from. Honestly this place would have been 3rd on my list had it had rotating 10 hour shifts or less.

10. Texas Tech- Well BKN, this ranking is no reflection of how I felt about your program and unfortunately is all about my wife. She is a northern girl and her trip to El Paso on my second look ended up being the reason she trumped my ranking you higher. Your residents were great and your faculty were very down to earth. This was a laid back place and I totally loved El Paso. I came home from this interview thinking I had found my oasis in the desert but I had to keep my wife happy too. Plus, the 12 hour shifts were hard for me to swallow. Had my wife allowed it, and had there been shorter shifts, this would have been my number 1.

11. Hershey-PennState - Great med center but expensive living just for chocolate!! People were nice, and area was gorgeous like Danville. Just didn't fit there all that well I didn't feel.

12. Christ- This was undoubtedly my most disappointing low ranking, meaning I wanted it way in the top 3. I called my wife from here and told her I had found my new number 1. We both love Chicago, but when she went with me for a weekend she found Oak Lawn to be way overpriced and somewhat blue collar/industrial. We couldn't afford to live there with kids and still have the kind of house we wanted. Dr.Harwood and his crew are as good as they come. This was eventually one of my wife's trump cards and she refused to live there. She'd kill me if she knew I even ranked it above anything except Phoenix which she hated worse than Oak Lawn. Christ has an incredible place, and I simply loved it. If I were single I would be there...at least wish to be there!!

13. Duke- I really don't have anything much to say here...just wasn't my best experience.

14. LSU-Baton Rouge- Truthfully I felt at home here with everyone but the PD. Their interim PD was the real PD's wife because the PD was sent to Iraq....again! Leadership thus seemed a bit out of tune. I liked their residents a great deal and I felt like I would enjoy it there. Again the 12 hour shift issue...and the overcrowding from Katrina were both strikes against it for me. Good old Chevy Truck with the dent in the bumper is how someone described it...I now agree completely. It'll be running forever with the Earl as their main hospital!!

15. Maricopa- and probably my biggest surprise for those who read my list. I just found this place to be too county feeling for me. It looked just like my home hospital and I wanted more of a variety and a place where I didn't feel like I needed to take a shower right when I got home. Their PD and their chair are both phenomenol EM docs and I liked this place more than a ranking of 15. My wife just hated Phoenix....not really a desert girl. It would have made my top 5-6 if she had liked it. Its truly a great place for trauma!!!

wow nice post....

corpsmanUP said:

So THAT'S where corpsman was

Wow details like crazy..Nice work! Best of luck to everyone!!!

Colforbin is your list up yet? Let me check?

Whew! Glad that part is over....now its time to spend 3-4 years agonizing over my Peds EM Fellowship ROL. Anyone got any thoughts? ;)

By the way, pretty impressive list CorpsmanUp - your my new hero!

Nobody giving any love to Resurrection - that's fine, more for me - I call dibs on Chief Resident!

Best Wishes

The Mish

I gotta believe the Penn fellowship is great. You do some stuff at CHOP which is one of the best Peds places also Harbor is supposedly quite strong. 3 of their faculty are Peds EM including Marianne Gausche Hill who is the 1st person to be Peds EM (Em) trained in the country I believe.

colforbinMD said:
Guess I gotta belly up to bar and be a man.
Well if I have to post it I'm gonna pad it up.

colforbinMD said:
Guess I gotta belly up to bar and be a man.
Well if I have to post it I'm gonna pad it up.
Thats thinking ahead!! :thumbup:

10 ) Synergy (Saginaw)

Really should have posted these in reverse. Oh well too late.

Last but not least 11) Ole Miss

Strong work ColforbinMD.

THAT my friends is how you +pad+

So in summation for posterity and post padding. That's
1) Geisinger

2)Fl Gainesville
3) Md
4)EInstein (Philly)
5) GW
6) GT/WHC
7) SUNY Stony Brook
8) U CONN
9) Arkansas
10) Synergy
11) Ole Miss
:)
It's gonna be a long few weeks.
Just remember though at the end of it is Did ya match day, Steak and BJ day, a meaningless stress filled Wednesday, and then MATCH DAY

Hawk22 said:
Strong work ColforbinMD.

THAT my friends is how you +pad+
Thanks. I try. All apologies to those who hate to scroll but I just can't help myself and we've got Gen Res to beat!!!!!!!!

emmd2b said:
It's always nice to see your #1 be someone else's #12 :D
Yeah especially when they preface it by saying how GREAT they think it is and would rank it number one if only it were somewhere else. Reminiding you not only is it a great program but you also LOVE it's location :)
FOr example:
"10. Geisinger
Great feel, amazing faculty support, good aeromedical experience. This program more than any other suffers from "location-itis". Had I been married w/ kids this could have easily topped my list. I just don't think I'll find my soul-mate at the Bloomsburg-U bars."
D.O nysus

I mostly agree though I am not married and don't have kids but have a GF of many years and 2 dogs :)