your advice about orthodontic !!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anwar

always say the truth..!!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello evryone,,

i am international student , from saudi arabia , graduated at 2005 and have one year intirnship experiance,,,

i am interrested in orthodontic and i have goverment payed scholership to study in states , but i do not know how to get acceptance in ortho. program in states ,,,,,,

some ppl told me to have AEGD to make acceptance easier , and other told me to have master degree in dental public health , and really i am confused how to reach my goal ,,, any advice or help is appericiated ..

my regards

Members don't see this ad.

anwar said:
Hello evryone,,

i am international student , from saudi arabia , graduated at 2005 and have one year intirnship experiance,,,

i am interrested in orthodontic and i have goverment payed scholership to study in states , but i do not know how to get acceptance in ortho. program in states ,,,,,,

some ppl told me to have AEGD to make acceptance easier , and other told me to have master degree in dental public health , and really i am confused how to reach my goal ,,, any advice or help is appericiated ..

my regards

Dear Dr Anwar
The best advice I can give you is to check with the schollarship people which programme in the US accept International Students. When I was a student at NYU we had some international students at different PG Dept, but I think but not 100% sure that all of these programmes wants the international students to return to their countries after completion. I am not 100%, but you can ask the ortho dept chair if they would consider international applicants. Also I think you should look for school that has high intake of students, your chances are probably higher, check the AAO web site.

Good luck