Youngin with a dilemma.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
S

sle3pyguii

Hi there. I'd first like to say that this is a great forum. I've learned a lot from reading the posts.

I was wondering if someone can help me with a problem that I'm having.

I'm going to go to U of A (Freshman) in the fall for pre-pharmacy. The school I wanna go to is USC for their PharmD/MBA program.

I looked at the requirements for the PharmD program, and I think I can finish everything by the end of Fall 2007. But this is where the problem is.

Should I apply as soon as I can (Fall 2007)? or stay and change my major to BioChem and then apply after I get a Bachelors? The Bachelors will only take me an additional year.

I also plan on volunteering, but the scheduling isn't a big problem.

Would USC look down on me if I try to finish everything quickly?

Members don't see this ad.

sle3pyguii said:
Hi there. I'd first like to say that this is a great forum. I've learned a lot from reading the posts.

I was wondering if someone can help me with a problem that I'm having.

I'm going to go to U of A (Freshman) in the fall for pre-pharmacy. The school I wanna go to is USC for their PharmD/MBA program.

I looked at the requirements for the PharmD program, and I think I can finish everything by the end of Fall 2007. But this is where the problem is.

Should I apply as soon as I can (Fall 2007)? or stay and change my major to BioChem and then apply after I get a Bachelors? The Bachelors will only take me an additional year.

I also plan on volunteering, but the scheduling isn't a big problem.

Would USC look down on me if I try to finish everything quickly?

I don't think USC will lok down on your application if you finish the pre-reqs quickly, ofcourse if you do well!
you can apply for 2008 admission. By then you'll finish your degree and enter pharm school.
If changing majors will affect your GPA, probably it's not a good idea. if you are a science major (neither biology/chemistry) try to take couple of upper division bio, biochem classes. Again if you know you'll do well. and these classes will help you in pharm school, once entered.
the schools I researched don't seem to prefere a particular degree, maybe some do. so, do your research on USC.
Hope this helps