You will score 2 points higher than AAMC 11 on the real thing.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WarlockDavis

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
A trend I've noticed in the months I've been browsing these threads

Members don't see this ad.

That's a really broad, and dangerous, generalization to make. While n=1, in my case I scored exactly what I got on AAMC 11 with the similar distribution, except that what I got in PS on AAMC 11 I got for BS on the real thing and vice versa.

Members don't see this ad :)
I already know this is a "BAIT" thread lol .. but i'll post anyway.. i actually scored exactly 2 points lower on the real MCAT than on this practice one.

(I know the OP is looking to see what people scored on the real thing vs the practice for their own clarity.. i dont know why they didnt just ask this direct question instead of posting this.. weird)

Scored a 28 on AAMC 11, but a 31 on the real deal. My average was a little more than a 29. If I were you, I wouldn't worry so much about the score you got on AAMC 11 by itself. I remember freaking out about this practice since it is supposed to be the most "indicative" of the real MCAT. It's probably safe to say +/- 1 or 2 of the average is a better indicator.

Reactions: 1 user
On aamc 11 I got 11/10/11 = 32
Actual = 10/10/9 = 29

So no, not necessarily. You will likely score +/- 2 points from your average of all tests you've taken.

Members don't see this ad :)
These are just my observations.

Lol. The title of this thread is unequivocal. That being said, I agree that "I've seen some people score 2 points higher than their practice averages in the few months I've followed this forum of unrepresentative premeds, so this may or may not also happen to you" does sound a little less compelling.

Myself and gettheleadout are two more examples.

philosoraptor_letterhead_template-rf68c1543759e49a79d380b4cdf1be255_vg63g_8byvr_512.jpg

Response to the title: I didn't. I had exactly the same score on the real MCAT that I got on AAMC practice test 11.