you still might have a chance ,check your school if it's a us accreditted school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jennylynn

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey ya'll! okay...i was looking at this site...the cali board site and it seems to me that life can actually be easier for those people who graduated from a us accreditted school...cuz it states there in the last paragraph that even if you dont pass bench test within december 31,2003,as long as you passed part 1 and part 2 ,all you have to worry about is passing the state board!assunming ...YOU ARE A GRADUATE OF A U.S. RECOGNIZED SCHOOL! like for instance,graduates of university of the philippines in my country...so...to further support my thoughts...here's the website and read the last paragraph sooo carefully...and lemme know what you think!http://www.dbc.ca.gov/rtexam.html remember...read between the lines of the last paragraph!

Members don't see this ad.

CA bench exam is for foreign dentist only. No such requirement for students from accredited dental school, in the past or for the future.

As of now no dental schools outside US and Canada are accredited (note US may consider your degree to be valid, but just not a valid dental degree). It's a pipe dream to think CA will add any schools to the accredit list. And to read too much "in between the lines" is just wishful reading :(

- tengu

Be careful of being too optimistic!
it's true the California Board will allow graduates of certain foregin dental schools to be licensed but there's a catch
In order for a school to be approved by the board the school has to submit an application to the board(yes the school itself not the graduates) and then the board evaluates the school and decides.
so far i think only one foreign school got that status and i think it's a mexican school....so i would say dont depend too much on this coz it might be a false hope

Members don't see this ad :)
i understand your concerns about keeping my hopes high...well..i'm not....i didn't graduate from an accreditted school too ! i talked to some dentists in california and i found out that if you graduated from an accredited school ..listen...not by the board....but by the state which is what you,tengu are talking about...then ...you have a chance....i understand that not a lot of universities are accreditted cuz in my country alone...we only have 12 U.S. recognized school and only 2 out of 12 are dental schools....so...you guys can check with california board cuz i'm not saying that i am right...i am just trying to express what i think about what i read....so tengu! chill okay ? im not saying that accreditted by the board because of E.C.E. but overall...the country to the state...(if you get what im talking about ) i know it sounds weird but call the state if you want to ...pass judgement on me if im really wrong then i'll accept...so far...i didn't say it was a rock solid statement that YESS!!!! you still have a chance...but i said...YOU still MIGHT! and clearly,i stated that it was just my own personal view as i was reading the text.

Ok jennylynn
ONLY american and canadian dental schools are accredited ( and the entity that decides accreditation is the ADA's committee on accreditation), ANY other school is non-accredited
Dont rely on what you hear from "dentists in california"
your source of information is the DENTAL BOARD...they are the gods of dentistry .