You know you're studying too hard for the MCAT when....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mutt

SDN Donor
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I figured this might be a good thread to lighten us all up, here's mine (and they're truthful!).

....anything anyone tells you is turned into a mnemonic (eg. friends tell you what they did that day and you use the first letter from each activity to spell a word).

....you have EK's Audio Osmosis on your iPod Alarm clock so that you can wake up to a new lecture each day booming through your stereo system.

Members don't see this ad.

MB in SD said:
I figured this might be a good thread to lighten us all up, here's mine (and they're truthful!).

....anything anyone tells you is turned into a mnemonic (eg. friends tell you what they did that day and you use the first letter from each activity to spell a word).

....you have EK's Audio Osmosis on your iPod Alarm clock so that you can wake up to a new lecture each day booming through your stereo system.

Gross, I think I am sick of hearing Jordan and Jon... I think I even hear them when I go to sleep! :eek:

instead of using the word "change", you use "transform" or "mutate"

when you look into the mirror, you start to ponder your chirality

alcoholic beverages get you thinking of anaerobic respiration pathways

you start laughing really hard at jordan and jon's jokes in earnest, even though you've already heard them 100x

you start thinking of vinegar as "acetic acid"

you get a bug bite, it swells, and you start thinking of the immune responses that happen

cooking pasta has become a demonstration in heat capacity

i could go on forever...

taking a piss break and thinking about translational motion

also our new motto is "keep it ideal"

Members don't see this ad :)
You squeeze a pimple and starting thinking about the cellular makeup of pus.

beer going down your esophagus at 9.8 m/s ^2 & the normal force of it coming back up if you've had to many :eek:

when you watch a movie and pause every 3 minutes to find out the main idea and the tone of the actor.

When you are talking to your girlfriend and she is raving about a product that dries her nails quickly after she paints them and you try and figure out the compounds in it

when u start talking in your sleep what you studied already

when you take your review books everywhere you go

when you are studying 12-14 (ofcourse with 30 min breaks every 6 hours) :mad:

when you can probably hear Jordan and Jon from a crowd full of people because u listen to them so many hours

when you would rather study your review books instead having sex :(

Braveheart said:

WOW!!!!!!!! Hold up!!!! put the books down and step away from the computer!!!!

God...my girlfriend would never stand for that.

Braveheart said:

someone give this man an exceptance to harvard med-- he's earned it in my book. :cool:

When you give the dog's bowl (ready to eat!) to your toddler for lunch!...and have the dog yell at you to aknowledge that :oops:

when you're waiting to cross the street and the seconds are counting down from 15 and you get increasingly anxious as the numbers go 10...9...8...7...6... and feel like crying when it goes down to 0. the flashing red "stop" hand doesn't help either..

Stratus2675 said:
WOW!!!!!!!! Hold up!!!! put the books down and step away from the computer!!!!

God...my girlfriend would never stand for that.
I know its pathetic isnt it. i told my girlfriend that we have a lot of making up to do after the mcat :) :D ;) :cool:

WHEN YOU FORGET WHAT DAY OF THE WEEK IT IS EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

CopticFezz said:
WHEN YOU FORGET WHAT DAY OF THE WEEK IT IS EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:
...but still know exactly how many days are left until August 20th.