You know you're knee deep in MCAT studying when...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrJD

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was getting water out of one of those 2.5 gallon watter jugs last night (the kind with the spigot) and I couldn't help but think to myself that the velocity of the fluid entering my glass was equal to: Square root of (2gh)

Tell yours!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Every time I drive around a curve, I can't help but think that I'm traveling along a circular path with centripetal acceleration equal to v^2/r and that I can go faster around the curve if I increase r (as much as the road will let me anyway). Well, I already knew this from watching F1 but, seeing the physics equations in my head as I did it is def. new to me.

Whenever I'm really stressed and haven't slept for a day or 2, my parietal cells are secreting too much HCl. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
...in 10 weeks from today, you start to see more and more people adding to this thread. It's too early right now for anyone to be "knee-deep" in studying the MCAT ;)

while taking a "relaxing" bath you begin analyzing the functional groups in the ingredients in your shampoo and shaving cream

when you put up post-it notes all over your shower walls so that you can review physics and chemistry formulas while you shower. yay for multi-tasking! :p

when u sit in watchin the NBA game, and u try to calculate the trajectory of the ball using angular momentum and trajectory calculationz

....while at the store, I noticed the organic structure in the background graphic of the Assassin's Creed cardboard cut out / game could NOT be possible because, in this structure, each Hydrogen has two covalent bonds linking the structure together! :eek:

every time I use straws I can't help but to remember that the increase in pressure through a pipe decreases the fluid velocity.

Almost get hit by a car while walking and listening to audio osmosis.

when you put up post-it notes all over your shower walls so that you can review physics and chemistry formulas while you shower. yay for multi-tasking! :p

I did that with physics equations.......pasted them up over the bathroom sink on the mirror.

Brushing my teeth was always intense. :D

so I went out shopping for gifts yesterday and here's what I noticed:

1. how torque forces of the clothes rack balance out the counter clockwise torque from the mg of clothes hanging from it

2. the laminar, non-ideal flow of air coming the vent above

3. not the holiday music but the longitudinal sound waves

4. the massive normal force counteracting the downward force of the entire second floor

5. amount of ADH affecting my collecting ducts based on the number of trips to the men's room

6. sp3 bonds in water and the h-bonds between them

7. when picking out a christmas card you take 5-second breaks in between before going on to the next card

Members don't see this ad :)
You are driving your geo metro with extremely bald tires home and you worry that the coefficient of kinetic friction between the tires and the road is getting too small.

when sitting in class and the prof is talking, you burst out with "i just had this on an mcat passage last night!!" (MichaelisMenten kinetics if anyone is actually interested in my making a fool of myself moment)

kinda gross, but whenever i pee, i think of nephrons and ADH acting on the collecting ducts in my kidneys.

when you can only get a good hour of sleep everynight cause you keep thinking about those equations and how your entire life depends on this one test

When you are leaving for your honeymoon in Italy with your wonderful wife and you start to feel a little stressed because of the flying, etc. And all you can think about is the rise in your cortisol levels... :oops:)

Went to the leaning tower of Pisa with my wife yesterday and I kept thinking about the rotational equilbrium that it must be in to not fall... however, it falls 1mm a year, therefore it actually isnt in equilibrium!

You are driving your geo metro with extremely bald tires home and you worry that the coefficient of kinetic friction between the tires and the road is getting too small.

Coefficient of static friction. If you were skidding (ie your tires not rotating while the car is moving forward), it would be the coefficient of kinetic friction. You never know...that may be an MCAT discrete. ;)